Should the OTF be closed permenantly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosta
Yes
No

Should the OTF be permenantly closed?

I know many of you love the otf. I liked it at one time also.

And I know many of you woould not like to see it closed. But someting HAS to give. Theres been an ever increasing ammount of old valued members LEAVING for good because they dont like what this forum has turned in to ever since the opening of the OTF.
It as taken a lot of traffic away from the other forums, because SOME people come here to raise their post count, and OTHERS come here simply because there is no other place to go where there is enough traffic, but then finsd themselves lost in an endless barrage of stupic pointless threads, opened by n00bs that dont yet know the rules, orin some cases opened by other members, that know the rules PERFECTLY, and simply want to abuse tyhe privelege of having the OTF.
The people that dont like the OTF get in verbal fuights with the people that do, and then MORE fights happen, thus we get valued members leaving, and for what? To satisfy someones hunger for postvcount?
I liked the OTF at first, when post county mattered to me. But then I got bored of threads that make no freaking sense, or threads that have NO purpose, and worse of all we get threads seemingly RESURECTED, or remade, just becaus e the person who made then, does not think they got aenough replys.

Anyway. PLEASE THINK about what I have written, and REALLY think abou the kind of impact that the OTF is having on KMC, and THEN tell me what you think.

Thank you.

(I senserily hope this thread doesnt get drowned in other threads that serve a lesser porpose)

lil bitchiness
I see your point Kosta, but OTF has been opened to keep all the crapyness away from other forums and general discussion forum.

Post count is stupid and pointless....And i think Raz did well for removing the dots...or whatever....

Having something interesting to share and opening a thread about it here, doesnt work anymore as it WILL get drowned by the other useless crap..

More serious discussions, everyone will just turn arround and tell you to go general discussion forum...as you may know already...

Closing OTF will just mean more garbage in General Discussion forum for sure as well as all over the place in general,

I do see what you mean however about the trafic

I also think that more respected members shouldn't let an OTF bother them, they should post in which ever other forum they like....

Kosta
Wee, all the more reason to assin aq mod to the OTF ATLEAST! And the GDF was NEVER full of crap. before the OTF opene, NO crap was tolerated. Thas exacly my point. After the AOTF opened. People though "Oh goodie, a place to post pointless crap and get away with it" But not people have started to run out of ideas, it was ok at some poiny. but as crap became the IN thing amongst some of the members. the GDF lost ALL traffic, and there arent anymore ways to open a lagitimate topic.

Kosta
PS! Can people PLEASE post comments when they vote,, as to WHY they made their decision.

Thank you.

Dexx
awh...the forum didn't have nearly as much 'crapyness' as it has today.....but ofcourse..when you make something to gather it..it's bound to evolve, eventually

well...my opinion is long since stated...
ofcourse i want the otf closed...doh!

lil bitchiness
Exactly...my vote is to have a mod...of some sort..any sort!

If the OTF does get closed, the crap will AUTOMATICLY fly over to GDF and there will be more work for them mods in closing threads...

Kosta
Very true, Crap will attract more crap, and eventually consume the whole of OTF, and people are attracted tio this crap like flys (SOme people, others just chioise to play along, rather than fight it), and thus it remioves any and all traffic from any other section.

Kosta
The crap will NOT fly to the GDF. The GDF was always strictly modded, and will continue to be. Even if the OTF closes, there may be some crap in the GDF for the first couple of days, but as soon as people learn that it demands prper grownup topics, they will discontinue.

Dexx
it's not that it's crap....it's a chat board.....it's probably not crap for a chat board....but it doesn't belong on a forum....it's simply silly

lil bitchiness
But isnt that the reason Raz opened OTF..to keep the crap..just the crap we are talking about, out of all other forums?

Dexx
no..highly doubt it! erm
you erradicate crap..not harvest it

Kosta
He did. But I dont think he imagined it would become the local hangout.

Kosta
Exactly.
He opened it as somewhat of a "dump" if u will. But people flooded to it.

lil bitchiness
No, true! But you cant do that...if you think about it Dexx...you cant erradicate crap in one forum and whith that not harvest it at the same time...

If there is a place for all the crapyness and ''local hangout'' then people are gonna use that as a place to post crappyness and hang out...

I really dont get what you mean....

Kosta
No Not true. There was hardly any off topic posting in the GDF, which BACK THEN seemed like a lot. Thus they opened tis place where people went to do a little random posting, like talk bout their day for example. But NOW all it is is just a bunch of REALLY stupid threads, beginnig with threads dedicated to members ()Which is okay, but its getting out of hand, they should be done on B DAYS and special opccasions oonly), and threads dedicated to SMILEYS for gods sake, its getting a llittle too off topic and Random.

I mean, ok. I like the KMC and would like to see the old KMC back. I would like to see the OLD members back, that doesnt mean I dont like some of the new ones. But it seems that the OTF wont be closed, the most we can hope for is MODDING, but that wont improve things much.

You picked MOD, so basically thatll just turn it in to a less strict GDF, which will then develop uin to another mountain of crap, youll get members getting bored, and leaving.

Its like opening a "Crime Cafe" where people can go and break the law. It MAY be fun for a while, but sooner or later, its gotta give.

lil bitchiness
Modding will do it some good, i think!

I dont think the answer is to close it because can you imagine the chaos it will cause if Raz just gave the notice of ''im closing the OTF''!

People will find some other random place to chat, no doubt about it

I said it before and i'll say it again, respected members should not leave because they dont like OTF...thats just very silly and totally not logical, if you dont like it, stay out of it, simple as that....

Daedalus
Whats the problem with having the crap somewhere to go?

Raz
(Moving to suggestions...)

Anyway, I think the OTF is fine as it is. It is there for *everyone* (not just elites) to create off-topic talk and talk about basically anything they want.

I also don't understand why you think people are leaving. I don't think the boards have ever been as popular as they are now.

Instead of complaining and sitting back, why not DO somthing about it? Why not participate and CREATE the threads you think are lacking.

If other people like it then it won't get "lost". And remember threads only remain on the first page if people *respond* to them. So just because you don't like a thread, doesn't mean others don't either.

lil bitchiness
amen to that!

Daedalus
Well said Raz.

Baylin
I vote for No, serious Modding need!

I must admit I got seriously bored with some of the crap threads started in the OTF, it was alright in the early days when we played games but when you get a stack of threads from Noobs entitled "Do you like me?" ect it soon becomes tedious and the game threads end up so far back it takes a week to find them. I think there needs to be a level of Modding, not as strict as everywhere else but just enough to keep it fun and interesting.

Raz
There will only be "light" modding done in the OTF.

Also if you're looking for "quality" threads then I suggest you visit the GDF.

And regarding the games. I suggest you either book mark or click on the "Subscribe to this thread" link.

Baylin
Thats an option I'd not thought of cheers Raz

badkittykitty
I never used this option before..was scared too lol! i must try it
smile

yerssot
kosta, OTF will never get closed
unfortunatly for some
fortunatly for others

must_kill_Santa
OTF Rockz it should stay

crazy_c
yah definitely

Raz
Don't worry, it is not going anywhere. It's too damn popular! big grin

Dexx
oh well..another attempt flushed down smile

Fitch
gotta belive the statistics wink.if I'd b the admin I would also not close it couse it's bringing lots of lots of customers big grin.
But as a customer I voted a strong YES .

wicker_man
The OTF is way to popular to seriously consider closing down, but some light modding i feel would be a welcome addition.

LindsIsTightK
I personally feel that disabling post count in the OTF would be the perfect solution but many of you already know that is how I feel. Disabling post count will help make the older more respected members not so bitter I think. Besides, that is what the OTF is for, post count.

Fire
well I wouldn't mind it being closed, but if it stays WHIII

Raz
Closing this one down as it's redundant, as the OTF is not going anywhere. And thus no point in discussing this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.