the new korn cd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
its sucks there r only two good songs on it if ne one wants to get it i suggest just to download number one and i think number 6 of the song tracks on the cd cause this one pretty much blows

lil bitchiness
KoRn CD's DO NOT blow....

Im pretty sure this one isnt gonna blow either......I actually heard its a pretty good album...

stinkfist462
it is AWESOME!!! more darkish........ maybe you only heard track one (right now) and track 6 (did my time) otherwise u didnt listen at all to the cd....... except for play feat. nas......... trying to do sumthin diff there..... didnt work..... plus there is a bonus song at the end....... mettalicas "one" its live from when korn played it at mtv's icon on metallica..... AWESOME CD.... HIGHLY SUGGESTED!!!

in flames
i got this album 2 weeks ago..now after enough listens..i still cant decide i dont know i like it and i dislike it...its better then untouchables though..good that they got back some elements of there old cd's like the baggpipes and the screams from life is peachy and ya the raw riffs from self tittle and the dinamics from follow the leader and the darkness from issues..still its not as good as there older cds

the worst thing about the album is the lyrics..well the lyrics were never any good

i rate the album 7/10 and my track opinion on it is

best track : lets do this now (heavy.raw.baggpipes,screams,and has okay lyircs)

weakest track : (play me feat nas) nas dosent fit riffs

stinkfist462
sure doesnt....... yeah right now is NONSTOP playing on the radio station so i dont care for it..... i give it an 8/10.......... took of 1 point because of the long awaiting of did my time and another for the nas thing....... doesnt fit it...... *is ashamed at korn for doing so*

in flames
i didnt like right now from the first time i heard it..it has that wake up hate and thoughtless sound from untouchables..it sounds forced and its hort..its there opening track ever..comparing it to the likes of blind and here to stay!

stinkfist462
and falling away from me was good.... well i liked it... but did my time was the first track they released of the cd..... tomb raider 2

in flames
falling away from me is a good track..showed korn could korny and dark...my fav track from issues is no way..its very underrated but a very good song!

Killer
not on the top of my list of cds to get anyways

in flames
dont buy it...download it..its leaked like hell on the net..if you like it get it cause the album might have better qulity...i downloaded it
and never thought of buying it!

boxofdeath
you hear that??? ah yes, thats the sounds of the economy going down the toilet....

in flames
lol..explain

boxofdeath
just our generation in general. "dont but the cd just download it" "dont but it, just steal" etc.

in flames
lol..your sounding like ulrich from metallica smile no offence...well i rather download it before buying it..to know if its worth..i mean for korns case..you have to download it..since therel last album was kind of a disspointment

BackFire
Korn has been going downhilll ever since their first cd, which was outstanding....they have never been able to re-achieve greatness.

finti
well I alwasy had the opinion that Korn was at the bottom of the hill from the start so if they go downhill from there well..............Korn must be one of the most overrated band I have ever listened to

total metalhead
korn are a brilliant band, thay may not be your thing but they have a totally unique style in an overcrowded genre. overrated - no way. just under appreciated by people who cant see their appeal so just write them off as the usual kind of god hating nu metal band who are just copying ideas done before. korn are a complex, multi layered band who not everyone can get to grips with, but if you just cant see their appeal, read the first line of my sig. it might do you good. yes

finti
as I said way overrated

in flames
well said tottal metal head..ya they are overrated..they just changed a genere forever...and for the new album im sure it'll win back alot of the old shcool fans and it'll lose the untouchables fan base

total metalhead
totally. untouchables came close to making Korn (shudders) mainstream. which would have been bad.

smittenkitten
Are you surprised or something? Come on, it's Korn. Don't ask too much!

-Smitten Kitten-

total metalhead
that makes no sense. ''come on its Korn. Dont ask too much!''.............thats just plain dumb. or narrow-minded at least.

smittenkitten
Given that you have read my past opinions on Korn, how can you possibly be surprised? Come, now...let's not be childish. And how, exactly, does that not make sense? Do explain, I'm so curious how you reached this conclusion!

If anything someone has said is dumb, rest assured it's not coming from me....

So that leaves...

Well, since apparently you're the authority on what's intelligent or not, I will let you figure that out. It should be well within your capabilities.

Edited to add: If you're going to quote me, at least do so with the button provided by this fine website...it hurts me to see proper punctuation slaughtered so thoroughly.

-Smitten Kitten-

finti
what genere might that be ? and how did they change it?

in flames
let me see...did metal/rock ever sound the same since 1994 or 1998 ??? or didnt you hear about countless bands that are influneced by korn and i dont care if you think they are talentless but they are influenced by korn..even if that genere stinks now..they did change it! even if its a part of it.

finti
It might be so that many bands are influenced by Korn, that doesnt mean they korn changed the heavymetal/alternative metal/ post grunge/rap metal genre that Korn are under. Cause bands like Deftones have been at this genre longer than Korn and So Has Nine Inch nails; Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson. All of these bands must be regarded as similare artist within the alternative metal and heavy metal as Korn but neither of those change the genres. That a lot of band takes after Korn is that popilare bands get a lot of copycat acts, this isnt the same as changing a genre.

Just take a look at those band who has influenced Korn, the likes of Faith No More , RHCP. How many bands havent tried to take after those two. And those two again where influenced by Anthrax who more or less strated the rap metal scene with their 1987 "I`m the man" song
Now Korn had a lot of success early on and it is natural that other band uses that as a base for their own stuff, it has always been like that and will always be.

What we can say about Korn is they were, among some other bands, the first to draw in Hip Hop beats into their style of music. Korn wasnt the first but they were the most known/famous of them.

Buth I must give Korn credit for keeping the good old Heavy Metal scene alive though in a time when pure heavy metal almost suffocated in the wake of the grunge wave that swept across the globe

total metalhead
your quite a strange little person arent you. but i guess your right, i shouldnt be surprised, but i think you should really try to stop being so up your *********** all the time. i mean cmon! its the goddam net who gives a *************'about punctuation?

anyway, i dont think we're gonna resolve this matter any time soon, so why dont we just spare the pointless arguing and agree to disagree?

smittenkitten
This really wasn't an issue until you took offense to my opinion. Even if we do disagree, don't think that I'm going to stop voicing my dislike of certain bands. Further, feel free to destroy the rules of English all you like in your own text, but please refrain from doing so when you quote me.

Well, you can if you want, I don't really care. I just like being a snot sometimes.

(Oh, and it's genre.)

*muah*

-Smitten Kitten-

wicker_man
Its not an album im eagerly anticipating as im not a hardcore Korn fan, i thought their Thoughtless album was pretty good, typical Korn style, although alot of hardcore Korn fans would disagree and probably say the album is a pretty weak entry into the Korn line up.

in flames
agrees. in all..im just pleased to see korn make an album that i can say it was better then the last...because with every new album korn seems to lose a touch of there music..but after all im a big fan.

FINTI..why dont you check there new album and tell me what you think..but avoid the tracks yall want a single and play me..cuz they are pure crap..exept that for once yal lwant a single has a good meaning

total metalhead
Okay okay! I fold! I can identify with your last part anyway. I don't think I'm going to post here any more either, I guess I take offense too easily when it comes to music.

(see how my spelling and grammar were perfect there???)

swirley jr
i liked the new album

finti
well in flames dont think too much of the album but I have to take two songs that I enjoyed though that was Alive and Did my time

in flames
ya Alive is agood song..its there first song ever before thre frust album come out..but it was unrealesed..i wouldve liked it more if i havent listend to it 2 years ago...but finti if you liked those two songs try "Break some off" and " Lets do this now" more of the old shcool style

finti
Thing is with me, I have been a hard rock /heavy metal fan since I could walk. (influenced by my older siblings records. My brother was into Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who and my sister was into Uriah Heep beside the disco that was coming on at that time she was also very much into the alternative music in the mid 70`s.. Camel, Lake, and so on) I "inherited my brothers passion for Led Zeppelin Deep Purple and the bands that came out of Purple( Rainbow, Whitesnake, Ian Gillan Band, Tommy Bolin, Glenn Hughes) In my early teens Iron Maiden and Judas Priest was hitting it big so I jumped on that wave as well.
I am at an age where new heavy bands doesnt really do it for me at all. I had my heavy time and I cherish those band I loved as a teen very much, no new band can take their place so I tend to listen to the new stuff, buy what I like but again they will never be a passion as it is with the "good old stuff"

Just wanted to say a bit form where I am coming from and what my views are, if I say a band might be overrated it aint to bash those who enjoy it, it is my personal opinion on the matter and in my mind nothing can top the trio of Zeppelin, Purple and Sabbath.
But who am I to complain, I do understand that the "prime" dudes today love the stuff that comes out and deservedly so I really hope youall enjoy your stuff as I enjoyed mine and still do

in flames
i respect your opinion..and i f*cking love black sabbath

finti
yeah Sabbath is awesome, Ozzy though, it is so sad to see how pathetic a man can get

in flames
loool ya he looks like he's dead..i mean it seems like there no bloo din his body..its like all drugs and alchole..but i love his voice..its not the best voice frotning sabbath..but he is good and his lyrics..could anyone be more political?!!...Finti did you like down to earth by ozzy ?

finti
dont think ozzy had a good album since diary of a madman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.