Who was the "other" that yoda spoke of?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stinkfist462
sorry if this has been discussed be4 but i neede to know.. i just watched it like yesterday and didnt know who it was.... plz help....

finti
the other he spoke of was Leia

Dirty Vader
Obi Wann (ghost) talks to Luke after the Yoda/Luke scene.
"Yoda spoke of another".
"The other he spoke of is your twin sister".
"But I have no sister".
"To protect you both from the Emperor, you were were seperated when you were born. The Emperor knew as well as I did, that if skywalker would have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is why your sister remains safely anonymous".
"Leia, Leia's my sister".
"Your insight serves you well, bury your feelings deep down Luke, they do you credit but they could be made to serve the emperor".

yerssot
thought that was quite clear in the movie messed

Darth Revan
The movie explained that quite clearly. It was Leia.

yerssot
so, we're clear about this, it can get closed now wink

Dirty Vader
yep

stinkfist462
thanx..... yeah that wouldnt be to cool if leai used the force..... plus i mighta jus skipped that part or somethin... stick out tongue

njphones
I mean, he did see Luke and Leia being born-he even helped deliver them, but he didn't know Luke has a sister???????
And Darth Vader can feel Ben on the Death Star, but he can't feel his two kids????

yerssot
errrr... I think you should see ROTS njphones

Darth_Lucifer
bloody hell its obvious if you watch return of the Jedi from start to finish!

Sesse
Hey, Obi Wan didn't agree with luke at any point!

He just told that "his insight serves him well". He didn't admit that Leia would be his sister!

njphones
I saw ROTS-great movie.
It still leave more questins than answers.

Red Superfly
Actually, it wasn't Leia, well, not to begin with.

When Lucas made ESB, he wanted to make Luke "expendable". Seeing as he was the only Jedi up for the job, Lucas/Kirshner realised that the audience would realise Luke WOULD always win.

If you watch the DVD's, the "other" was going to be another Jedi who survived the purge and was hiding out like Obi-Wan and Yoda. It was merely there to make the audience think Luke COULD be killed off and not have a big effect; make him expendable. It was only for dramatic purpose, and only during the making of ROTJ, did they decide to follow it up.

By ROTJ, Lucas decided he wanted to stick to his original idea of having the Skywalker Twins, and finally got his wish by having the "other" as Leia.

Hope that answers any questions.

mysterio69
that'd be kinda cool for a what if? storyline, i guess. i wonder who it'd be.?
i always thought the "other" was vader.
yoda knew luke wasn't strong enough to face the emperor, and hoped anakin would turn back and fulfill the prophecy, yada yada yada.

SpyCspider
so when Yoda says "no, there is another" did Obi-wan know he was talking about Leia?

If he did, why would he say "that boy was our last hope?" Unless he didn't believe Leia could be trained...or simply forgotten about her.

if it's just a plothole, then whatever...but if anyone has an explanation, i"d like to hear it.

DCLXVI
Obi-Wan probably couldn't sense the Force potential in Leia, but Yoda could.
Or maybe he just forgot her, as per his senility. stick out tongue

matreid
LEIA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.