Can't Broadcast Here....?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Why is it mentioned several times that they cannot broadcast when on the fly or in certain areas? Accesibility or hacking....

I'm assuming detection of the wireless signal by the machines.

JediHDM
there are certain spots that are more conducive to transmission than others, and these are the places the squiddies look for. it also has to do with detection, as, if they were to broadcast from just anywhere, it increases the chances that squiddies will find them. And there is the fact that, certain spots in the tunnels may be not conducive at all to a signal, which would be the equivalent of losing reception on a cell while passing through a tunnel; aka the ones jacked in would die.

kalantiaw
i agree with jedi... i think their broadcast signal can be compared to a cell phone's... it's just better in some places... but if there are areas that are better for broadcasting wouldn't the machines send more sentinels to patrol the area..?

mors823
If they could enter the Matrix anywhere, then why not do it in the safety of Zion, instead of losing 3 three ships. But that wouldn't of been as fun, so Jedi's theory makes sense.

JKozzy
laughing I agree! It is more fun! stick out tongue

burlyman
smith would be able to get straight into zion then... stick out tongue

GABRIEL05
Even if they jacked in from Zion wouldn't that give the machines a closer link to Zion's mainframe? Assuming the two are connected somehow.

I like the "loose signal, loose soldiers theory"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.