Final Flight of the Osiris Explosion....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

It seems that magnetic or electro blasts directly negates the machines ability to operate. Did the explosion, do you think, destroy the sentinels around the Osiris? It's more than likely not as effective as an EMP or electro blast, huh?

Why do the humans in Revolutions rely on ammo rather than electro pulse blasts against the machines. I never understood that....

GABRIEL05
well even though the bullets can kill machines, I imagine they are really only used to slow sentinel hordes down. If you'll notice, the only time they ever use guns is when they are running away.

audioheem
Well y'know the ships were made before the humans were forced underground... Well, so they SAY. What I'm getting at is they don't have the means to build any more EMP kinda equipment, just the basics, like a APU o_O

MC Mike
I... think they do...? So? What would they put it on? The city would shut down, and all the ships have them...?

SimplePriest
I don't think you can fire a directed beam of EMP. From what I understand, it goes out like a shockwave (well, in a sphere I mean). I've always wondered, couldn't they plant a bomb. I've heard that nuclear bombs let off an EMP when they explode. Why not have bombs that they could drop out the back when they are being chased? Anyone know if that would or wouldn't work?

MC Mike
It would shut down the ship... but a collasal EMP bomb could be made, sent up, and blown up so that a huge chunk of the city would shut down, then another bomb, and another, in rapid succession... then they might have won... but the means to build it... erm

SimplePriest
wait a minute

wow I just reallized...... Why the heck didn't the machines throw a stinkin EMP bomb into the dock. They could have made tons of small ones if they needed too. Ok, somebody answer that one please.

MC Mike
They could not make one due to lack of testing area and/or knowledge? Just a thought... heck, why not make anti-EMP sheilding like the Tiger helicopter? wacko Who knows...

DeathDealer
>42212 you asked that, why do the humans in Revolutions rely on ammo rather than electro pulse blasts against the machines?

Well, as you see in Revo, when Niobe arrived with the others to the dock area, they used the EMP blast. Now, the blast affect EVERYTHING that is machine operable. Meaning that when they used the EMP blast it left them voulnerable to an attack. Using it every time they would go against the machines would leave them w/o protection and w/o energy on their ships. That's why they always cut the power from their ships to not be detected by a centinal, because they knew of the risks of loosing energy and being w/o protection.

GABRIEL05
simple priest good point. I think the machines were afraid that the humans would use an EMP against them at Zion if the machines used an emp against the humans. THat was confusing. Ok it's like this everyone brings a gun to a knife fight, but no one uses it because they are afraid everyone else will use theirs. Get the picture?

MC Mike
Does an EMP shut down a second EMP device? huh

GABRIEL05
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
ONE POINT FOR MC MIKE Happy Dance

I dunno. I assume when you charge an emp it uses electricity, so I say Yay verily. However when you use an emp it doesn't blow itself so... confused

ch0g0nda
Yeah. The first emp would disable the mechanism that causes the second bomb to detonate.

GABRIEL05
so the matter becomes whoever uses the EMP first wins the day.

MC Mike
So you're saying that 2+2=3? huh

Heheh... I get it. Happy Dance

ch0g0nda
Nope. An EMP bomb isn't like a stick of dynomite.

You need an electronic detonator. Hence the first emp would knock out the detonator on the second emp. Less of course it was out of range.

MC Mike
But what about my little peice on EMP SHIELDING! IT EXISTS! Stupid Machinos, however, have no brainos to makos thosos...

A.I.? Where the heck did the I. go? one eye

MC Mike
Yes, yes, I get it. I was just being silly. roll eyes (sarcastic) Serious people... sheesh...

Lighten up! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/renske.gif

GABRIEL05
*lightens up*

well I went from mocha to latte

ch0g0nda
There's a pretty good example of a EMP discharge in Ocean's 11.

Set in modern day to. Perhaps George Clooney started the rebellion against the machines?

GABRIEL05
I love the scene part Don Cheatle holds his skivvies

I'm not really just narrowing my suggestion to EMPs though, I'm also thinking of the guns, such as the one used by Cypher and Agent Smith.... that shoot an electric blast out. Would be good for mounting outside the ship... and I'm guessing it would lead to a chain attack effect on multiple machines in close proximity?

ch0g0nda
Not to mention damaging/diabling the ship the guns are mounted on.

That and something gives me the idea that they're only effective at short range.

Let's also not forget that these guns will be a considerable power drain. The ship may end up just losing the ability to defend itself due to the lack of power needed to fly and defend the ship.

GABRIEL05
Well the guns are easy to make, the electric guns aren't, I assume or everyone would have one. Secondly there is no place for the guns in human hands because the caliber is too big. Thirdly, guns pump out enough hot leaden destruction to slow hordes of sentinels down.

GABRIEL05
Oh yeah and I don't think the electric guns are only good at short ranges.

mailedbypostman
hmm..good point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.