Galineer Riders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Baylin
Well I've finally plucked up the courage to start this. It's my first ever effort at writing and it's an idea I've had rattling around in my head for years now but have always felt... as if no one would be interested.
I'll write a few paragraphs at a time as and when I get chance. Feel free to comment or not as you see fit.

Chapter 1 - The Awakening

"Urgh!" groaned Telamin as he finished his first coffee of the morning. It was early, far earlier than he would normally have to get up but then he'd not slept properly again. Every night for the last 3 weeks now he'd woken up after being assaulted by strange, bizarre dreams that left him feeling awfull, the kind of awfull you'd feel if you'd been rolled down a hill in a barrel. "I can't do it, I can't take another night of this!" He mutters to himself as he gets up from the table.
"What? Mor a them dreams then?" came a rustic voice from behind Telamin "I towld you, ya ought ta go see that Mirim. I knows what folks say 'bout 'er but she knows things!" It was Bullar the cooks assistant and long time friend of Telamin "She'll be able to fix your sleep I reckon."
Tela turned to look at his friend "I know but when do I get time to see her? What with seeing to the Barons stables an all." Telamin sighed and sat down again "It's no use, I work all day and then I'm too tired when my chores are done."
Bullar came over and sat down next to him "I tell you what. This affernoon I got go pick up some bits for cook, I'll call in see if she'll come an see ya 'ere."
"I dont know, the Baron would be pretty upset if he found out" Tela replied.
"Yeah well if she dont mind comin through the woods I'll let er in from cooks garden."
"Ok then, see if she'll come" Telamin replied tiredly. He got up again and put his hand on Bullars shoulder "Thanks Bull I appreciate it!" With that Tela headed out the door towards the stables.

Baylin
(I tried posting this earlier but it got swollowed by the forum! mad )

Later that day after Bullar had gotten cooks supplies he headed off towards the outskirts of town towards the old well that most folk stay away from. As he passed the well an old cottage came into view, that must be Mirims place he thought to himself.
"What this? A visitor?" Said a gentle voice from behind making him jump.
He spun round to see a striking middle aged woman with pure white hair and softly tanned skin. "Er, erm you mus' be that Mirim!" Bullar blurted out as he turned round.
"I am who I am" the woman replied a secretive smile "What business do have coming here Bullar Throndle?"
Feeling quite astounded that this person would know his name he bumbled "I I I come to see if you can 'elp my friend. 'ees bin 'avin some real bad dreams an' it's makin' 'im real sick it is!"
The woman stared at Bullar as if looking through him before responding "Tell Telamin to meet Mirim by the gate in cooks garden tonight before sundown" The lady then swept past Bullar heading for the cottage. With that Bullar rushed back into town and headed for the Barons castle as fast as he could.

General Zink
Cool! smile

Captain REX
Continue!

Baylin
Telamin waited as instructed by the gate in cooks garden.
It was well past sundown and he had dozed off. Thats when the dream started, same as always...

Voices, terrifying voices all around calling to him, reaching for him. Telamin ran "Run boy run!" Shouted one voice "Come to me boy I'll keep you safe! Hehehe" Came another.
The landscape was awash with red light and had a dark choking mist rising from the ground in every direction that he ran.
"You can't get away from us!" Cried a shrill voice to his left followed by wicked laughter to his right"
Telamin kept on running he could hear the sound of many foot falls all around him, he thought he could feel a hot, sticky, breath tickling the back of his neck.
As always in the dream he tripped on an unseen object and landed hard. With the wind knocked from his chest he turned around to see hideously disfigured creatures coming towards him, surrounding him. The leader stepped forward chuckling "Told you, you couldn't escape us! Why do you always try to escape us"
The creature pulled a wicked knife from its belt, Telamin screamed, but just then a bright light appeared and the creatures all screamed and fell back from its glare and a soft but commanding voice came from within it "This one is mine you can not have him!"
"Not yet but we will!" Screamed the leader, then with hair raising cry the creatures all turned round and fled. For Telamin every thing turn white as the light surrounded him...

Telamin awoke it was very dark. He knew it was very late because the moon was riding high in the sky. 'How strange' he thought 'The dream has never gone like that before. I wonder what was that light was?'
"That was the Light of Suranad!" Came the same voice from his dream. Strangely not startled by the voice Tela turned towards it "Is that you Mirim?"
"Yes! I am the one you know as Mirim." Mirim sat down beside Tela "I've been watching you sleep, interesting dreams you've been having..."
"Scary is what I would call them!" Tela interupted
"I wonder how it is that you've managed to get the attention of Galothanon Tribe?" Mirim looked hard at Tela before continuing "It is late. You need to sleep and I need speak to an old friend."
Mirim got back to her feet and headed for the woods "Go to bed Tela the dreams will not bother you for a few nights, meet back here in 3 days time!"
Tela got up and watched Mirim disappear in to the gloom of the trees. His mind a whirl with confusion he headed to the servants lodge and his bed.

Baylin
As she walked through the trees Mirim thought What is it about that boy that has gotten the Galothonon Tribe interested? I need to speak with Tlarnor.
Mirim stopped walking, closed her eyes and lifted her arms. As she did a bright white light started to emanate from her and surrounded her till she was fully consumed. Suddenly the light vanished and in her place was an eagle which promptly took to the wing.
Mirim, as the eagle flew west over hills and valleys until she came the coast where stood a lone mountain. When she got to the mountain she landed, the bright light appeared again. Moments later when she was back in human form again she turned to the rock face and shouted out "Tlarnor abeth n'elek baslonia!" and there before her appeared a cave entrance, well lit by flickering torches. She entered and followed the path down into the mountain.
After a while the passageway widened into a chamber and there before a fire was what looked like a bundle of rags Mirim spoke "Tlarnor! I have come to seek the wisdom of your council."
"Well then my child you'd best be seated you've come a long way!" Responded an old withered voice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.