Emp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lag
This is just stupid, but I was watching Reloaded again and when it came time for the Neb to explode I wondered why they just didn't use the EMP on the bomb. It's electrical, we see it fly by itself before blowing the Neb up. Again this is just something stupid that I noticed, but hey maybe some of you will have something to say here.

This is what I think could have been done. They use the EMP on the bomb and the Squiddies would come after them and the Hammer would arive and EMP them. Then the Neb would still exist and be used in the Zion fight and Niobe would still have to give up her ship. The only big change would be no " I have dreamt a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." Oh well. Anybody?

The One Part 2
You can use an EMP on a real bomb, and it will still explode. Bombs are mechanical and chemical, not electronic. Even if the squiddie bomb was rendered useless, the speed it was travelling would have caused it to rip into the hull of the Neb. Even if it didn't explode, there would have been fatal damage to the ship.

Lag
OOOOooohhhhhh. Not if they did it right when the bomb was released. it would have gone a few yards and dropped it would have never been able to turn.

JediHDM
yeah, but they threw it while out of EMP range, remember?

Lag
Yeah, "They are 'JUST' out of EMP range" This means the second it was thrown the bomb is in range.

JediHDM
um, no...go back and look at the 3D hologram of the tunnel...they are far enough out of the range of the EMP that the Tow Bomb would have to travel a few seconds before reaching EMP range, then, by the time they shoot the EMP, it would have been too late...remember that the EMP trigger is at the Operators station. In order for them to shut off the ship, charge the EMP, and shoot it, they woulda had to have been sitting in the cockpit talking, see the Squiddies, and immediately run to charge it, and i don't think they woulda had enough time even then...

Lag
Yay. I'll take it. I didn't think about the charge time, probably because I didn't know there was one. I think I do remember Mopheous telling someone to "charge" the EMP in M1 or maybe it was "ready" the EMP I'll have to go back and look.

ShOota
Omg, some people.....

EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED, HAPPENED FOR A REASON!!!!

THINK!!

like Morph said in Reloaded after he saw Merv.............................

freemind
Even if the bomb was useless and didn't hit there ship when they used the emp. The sentinels would have came and destroyed the ship.

Lag
The Hammer was there though, but it doesn't matter anymore.

ShOota> Wow, you're smart. You told me to think, why didn't I think of that.....oh wait....that would have required thought. What would us cavemen do without you to tell us to think.

ShOota
U prob dont understand the matrix story at all do u....

Lag
Nope not at all.

GABRIEL05
I've thought of this before, and I realized that the answer is simple:

The neb could have used the EMP, and the squiddies could have just thrown another bomb at them. Also I am guessing that Neo felt this and had them all leave the ship.

JediHDM
ShOota> watch it...just because someone does not get why something happened does not mean they didn't get the entire movie...

Lag> The Mjolnir was quite a ways away...think about how much was done between the squiddy alert and the Hammer showing up...you can cover a bit of ground in that amount of time...Even if the tow bomb did not, by some chance, hit its mark, i'm pretty sure that the others would have had a tow bomb with them as well...but, assuming they didn't, they probably would have had time enough to charge the EMP and shoot it off, killing the attacking squiddy's, however, if you are talking about using the EMP to destroy the tow bomb, then no, they wouldn't have had an EMP to charge...

ShOota
Even if they did have it, The squidies were too far out of range......

Just like they said in the movie....

sum1butno1
Does anyone else think it's weird that it took the machines 500 years to figure out how to make a bomb?

JediHDM
um, i dont think it took them 500 years, it is possible that they decided to up the offensive, using bombs rather than just Sentinels...

ShOota
Wasnt it wierd tht when Neo was in the Machine city its was un gaurded, there was nothing there, only little machines, The machines had no type of defence set up in there main city called 01.....

I was thinking Wouldnt the machines think that the humans would Counter-attack? because it would be the perfect chance since all the sentinals are attacking Zion?

i didnt see any Sentinals there at all :/

The Unknown
Obviously "all the sentinels" weren't attacking Zion, seeing as they were also attacking the Logos...

ShOota
Yes........ But there was no Machines defending the center of 01 where Neo went. I thorght the machines would atleast expect a counter attack at there city from the humans

The Unknown
The machines wouldn't expect it, seeing as it would be impossible for any ships to reach 01.

ShOota
well The Ship With NEo in reached 01............

And why wasnt the Fields Defended at all.....?? Neos ship just flew over them with ease

The Unknown
Did you also notice that Neo has the power to destroy the sentinels with his mind...

ShOota
yes........................................................?

The Unknown
That kinda just answered your question...

ShOota
No..........

I said why wasnt the Machine City and the Machines Fields being gaurded?

You came up with Neo using his powers, yeah nice one

The Unknown
You obviously haven't been reading anything I put. You asked why it wasn't guarded, and I replied that no one could get there because of the sentinels. You then said that the Logos could, and I replied that it got there because of Neo. Pay attention.

ShOota
yes well done, I said why wasnt the CITY gaurded?!!!? NEO walked right upto there main frame.

If there was a normal guy he would of attached a Nuke bomb to him and blown him self up killing everying, If i build tht machine city 01, i would of had everything gaurded. like sentials around every corner gaurding tht main fram thing

The Unknown
Perhaps the machines didn't want guards everywhere, crowding the city. That's why all the sentinels are outside of the city.

ShOota
well thats abit foolish if some guy gets in there like Neo did and spends like 5 mins walking around even tho all the sentials and Guns were fireing at the logos and not one Sentinel or anything come to check the Logos out after they crashed

The Unknown
Maybe they figured they were dead, or didn't want Neo dead. Notice the machine asks him what he wants and doesn't kill him...

ShOota
lol, if they didnt want him dead then why the hell did they send 100's of those bombs towards his ship and try to kill him

The Unknown
Maybe they 1. Didn't know it was him, or 2. Didn't want Trinity there, only Neo, or 3. Changed their minds once he got there

ShOota
lol, they gambled it

The Unknown
Or maybe they wanted him dead, but once he arrived alive, they felt he deserved to be heard.

ShOota
naa, the machine would of asked him right away and would of been waiting for him,

JediHDM
ShOota> the machines made it so that ONLY THE ONE COULD GET THERE...the humans are only going to be coming from one direction, the direction of the fields. thus, the machines set up perimeter defenses that can destroy each and every ship that comes near. Except for the one with the anomaly. why would you have policemen on every street if no one that would cause trouble could get past the gates? its stupid, and a waste of already precious resources.

The Unknown
Thank you, JediHDM

ShOota
ok.........

Well Neo and Trin found it easy to get to the fields and they could of sent of a EMP, or got a bomb an Nuked the Fields, Then the machines would have no power

JediHDM
the fields do not make power, the pod towers in the background do, and why would they want to kill the people they are trying to save? that is hypocritical, if you ask me. I know that if i were trying to free people from the matrix, i would not kill them just so that the machines don't have power. Come on, ShOota, think before you post...

ShOota
umm no........ All the pods gave them power

The Omega

The Unknown
The pods give take the energy given off by the people and it is transferred somewhere else. Using the EMP over the fields would just kill the people in the blast radius, which would knock out the power from those people, but as JediHDM said, it is hypocritical, seeing as their mission is to RESCUE them. Why would they sacrifice the innocent people, and besides, the machines can survive w/o the humans.

Captain REX
Um...that would have wiped out mankind. Ya know, because they would be blowing up the humans?

The Unknown
He's probably like 10 or 11, lol.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

We'd have to kick him off for that then.

The Unknown
That would be a shame...

GABRIEL05
looking at the evolution of this conversation is like reading an incident report. Every freakin minute detail is mentioned in the most tedious and annoying manner.

Captain REX
Bingo!

The Unknown
GABRIEL05, what do you mean?

GABRIEL05
it's hard to explain

ShOota
Basicly means you should shut up and get a life you Wombat,LMAO........
WHO CARES Unknown WHO REALLY CARES?
im 16 btw.

Well seeing that the Humans produced 250,000 was it, in 100 years?

They could of easyly double and tripple that, if the machines wasnt there. And If they did blow the Nuke or a EMP in the Fields, Yes it would kill everyone and Yes then machines would all stop Dead and have no Power.

The Omega
ShOota> First warning!
Flaming will get you exactly NOWHERE. More like that (which is NOT the first time), and you're out.

The Unknown
Actually, you're wrong. 1. There are billions of people in the Matrix, and not everyone is in one field. There are MANY fields. 2. The machines don't need the humans for power, they're prepared to survive w/o human energy.

ShOota
How can they survive without the Humans as power, they would loose everything, They would prob have ebough power for about half a year to keep them running but i think they shuld of ejected some Virus into the machines what would kill the machines...

Omega what are you on about,I dont understand a clue what u said?
First warning for what, What did i do?

JediHDM
actually, Unknown, it is feasible that all the humans in the matrix are in that one field...in fact, it would be closer to the machines way of thinking for all of them to be in a centralized location, near to the city. HOWEVER, the Architect said the Machines are prepared to live without humans, although they do not want to...

ShOota
Yes thank you, Jedi

tshirt
Getting back to the topic...once the bomb was released, there was no time to charge up the EMP, so they abandoned the ship. Even if they had time, there was not guarentee it would destroy the bomb. Most military bombs have a mechanical action which starts a chemical reaction. (Button pushed in allows two chemicals to mix which causes an explosion.)

Next, if an EMP was triggered, the ship is down and the Sentinals can come right at them. By letting the ship get blown up, there is a chance the Sentinals would think they are dead (didn't work).

No other ships were close enough to help them.

As for getting to 01, my guess is that when the ships first saw Neo and Trinity coming, they simply defended the city like it was an unknown enemy. Once Neo got there, the Source/Main Frame realized who it was. Also, they could probably assess that he couldn't do much damage. When Neo proposed to simply be heard, the Mainframe agreed and moved to his location.

Also, there were many tenticles in coming out of the floor and walls. If they really wanted to stop Neo, they could have tried.

Captain REX
Leaves you only half-right, ShOota.

Yes, I think those were the standard city defences, in case the humans decided to launch a couple dozen EMPs and take down those massive things. Launching Tow bombs (out of EMP range), would take them out. But then again, Neo can destroy them with his unique Oneness, so they had to send in the Sentinels as well...

The Unknown
Even if that was correct, there are billions of people in the Matrix. They would need a VERY powerful EMP to be able to take out a field that large.

Captain REX
Indeed. That's a LARGE field.

sum1butno1
But wouldn't it be a better defensive strategy to make many fields, so that a large-scale attack by the humans would be more difficult to co-ordinate?

However, when Morpheus is talking about the fields in M1, I get the impression that they are all in one place. But yeah, HUGE field.

realworlddreams
shoota>stop makin 16 year olds look bad. u got a lousy way of thinking, and its not makin much sense. the point of the resitance is to FREE the humans, not KILL them, not cut off the POWER to the machines, DESTROY them. they knew that they couldnt blow up stuff randomly, because they wanted to SAVE humanity, not wipe it OUT

Angelsolovely
sorry, posted a tread without reading the rest, so I deleted it. embarrasment

Raedwulf
Sorry to say this, especially as I am a VERY big fan of the Matrix, but the programing of the Matrix itself is set in 1999 right?
Bu this time, assuming that the idea for the film was that we are all in the matrix, and therefore all our history is the same, sheliding against EMP's had been made.
Even if the machines changed history inside the Matrix, they took over after the start of the 21st centuary, so they would certainly have know about emp sheilding.
See where I'm going with this?
Why the hell didn't they just sheild all their machines against EMP's?
Makes sense to do that to me, seeing as an EMP is "The only defence" that humans have against the machines.

JediHDM
Because if they sheilded themselves against the EMPs, then the humans would all just die, and the point isn't to just kill the humans, it is to make them believe they are working towards something. If every human that came up against a machine died because they had no effective weapon, it would cause the humans to go into hiding and the matrix wouldn't be able to iterate itself...it is kinda like, "sacrifice a few so your life, and the lives of your kind, can go on"...happens all the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.