Haha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
Well, I figure if everyone else can post threads over and over on the same GODDAMN NU METAL BAND then I can post multiple threads on something that most people seem to forget about, it's kind've a wild card but OMFG REAL TALENT?!

Yeah, so what. Mock me all you want, like I actually care. Plus it'll be funny to see how many people will complain about this. Really I couldn't give two shits either way. Wheee.

John Frusciante is my man
Touches me like few others can
Listen to his music, do
See if we can make a fan or two
There is very little which can mar
His talent with his godly guitar
And if you'll complain about this ditty
Telling me it's ultimately shitty
I'm trying to get my point across
And don't care how many eyes will gloss
At the fact you're sucked into this rhyme
And slowly withering away your time
So listen, please, the music's free
Like it really always should really be.

'Kobee the Cryptic and Apocalyptic Laureat in her own strange way.

total metalhead
even though this fills me with anger, i will not resort to any kind of violent abuse or complaining.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

diegocala
Ah, Ikobe, nobody love you? Need some attention?
'Here ya go>>http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

Bad Boy
What are you on about you twonk?

total metalhead
i dont know what 'twonk' means but it sounds like your disagreeing with Ikobe so...yeah! right on!

in flames
if you could careless about nu metal or whatever you call it then why did you bother making this thread in the first place ??? if you think that you are a real metal head that listens to real metal and only underground music that poeple dont know about or dont like Makes You Cool!!..then your just sucker for attention.

""Oh Im The Coolest i listen to death metal..and underground music even If I Cant Stand that kind of music Atleast Is MaKes Me Cool To Pretend""!..poser

i listen to korn and i listen to nile..i also love disturbed but i also love inflames I Listen To Deftones and then switch to opeth..open your mind and stop being a narrow prick

total metalhead
yes yes yes

i dont use the word genius very often, but in flames, you are one.

in flames
thx tm..thats just because of your wise sight!

smittenkitten
There's a difference between having refined tastes and being narrow minded.

-Smitten Kitten-

in flames
well the this thread was started was narrow..as you can read!

"Yeah, so what. Mock me all you want, like I actually care. Plus it'll be funny to see how many people will complain about this. Really I couldn't give two shits either way. Wheee."

and you say refined TASTE ? yes taste its all about taste..and everyone respects his own taste..so why dont we respect each others tastes..unless of you think your somwhow in a higher level or " cooler " to respect other peoples tastes..even if it didnt aplie to you...and mind my spelling since its not my 1st languge

in flames
well the this thread was started was narrow..as you can read! = well the way this thread was started was narrow as you can read!

Evil Dead
I don't think I quite understand this thread..........but I'm guessing he's bashing on new metal? If so........I can understand what he's saying. The only newer metal song I can stand is "Dig" by Mudvayne....all the other stuff sounds the same........not because mainstream metal isn't good or cool, it's just that with so many bands coming out at once like they have in the past 5 years or so.......alot tend to sound pretty similar.

Motorhead is where it's at.............there is no confusing Motorhead with another band. Nobody else comes close to capturing their sound. They are the godfathers of metal for a reason.

smittenkitten
But, you must admit, the state of musical affairs today is a sad, sad thing. I know I cry every night that, say, Puddle of Mud has made a name for themself.

-Smitten Kitten-

wicker_man
At the end of the day all bands, artists are in it to make a name for themselves, no matter how hard they try to state that there are rebels against the system or whatever.

Puddle of Mudd, Motorhead, Mudvayne, all three bands have fan bases that appeal to a different audience, there are some genres i don't understand, and i am not just referring to rock or metal but ALL music genres, however i respect the opinions of those who do.

in flames
in the 80's when bands like metallica,pantera,queen,the who,led zepplen...ect fans of the 60's hated that kinda of music ..."guessing" so wer now hating the newr music..anyways music saddend me at parts and i love it in someother parts..but mostly its all about marketing now..so F*ck it..in the end its just music..my head hurts i havent slept good in a while messed

Evil Dead
True........the music industry is in an artistic slump.

Usually you have one big genre of music. In the past two decades they were New Wave, then Pop-Metal hairbands, then Alternative, then rap.........now almost all genres are prominant.......and most groups in each genre seem to sound the same.

Pop - N'Snyc, Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc.

Metal/Hard Rock - Mudvayne, System of a Down, Godsmack, etc.

Rap - 50 Cent, Nelly, Ludacris, etc.

Pop/rock - Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Blink 182, etc.

for probably the first time in music history.........there is not ONE prominant musical genre. All are equally as popular simultaniously. I believe this speaks volumes about the content of the music. No music from any one genre is good enough to elevate it's genre above the rest. It is all mediocre as it is all just as prominant as the next.

wicker_man
Hear, Hear.

Killer
what the hell?

in flames
is ?

Ikobe
I never said I was bashing heavy metal. I have nothing against heavy metal. And I'm a GIRL, you twonk.

Christ on a BIKE.

AI.

Evil Dead
what the hell is a twonk? That must be some kind of Euro slang........because I cannot find a definition anywhere.

You're not euro trash are you?

finti
80`s and Led Zeppelin??????????????? The band disband in december 1980 following the death of the their drummer Bonham three months earlier the same year. So Zeppelin wasnt too much part of the 80 scene at all

Ikobe
You don't know how tempted I am to comment on that. But I'll be the slightest bit civil and despite the ever-impending event of my rageful existence going into overload and I actually maim next door's rabbit I'll keep shtum.

AI.

in flames
sorry..i just started listening to them in the 80's...il have to check ya profile oldy

octapushunter
Christ on a bike? what does that even mean? what was the point to all this? aaahhhhh, my head hurts......

Ikobe
Okay then, you go and learn how to spell and do some geographical studies.

AI.

in flames
Ikobe..you seem like a very angery person..close minded no offence..dose it bother you that some people like a genere/band you dislike ? if it dose then you really have a mental problem..starting this thread with a tittle called " haha " and saying that you dont care if people mock you for doing that..why the hell do it then..why watse you time ? OH you have alot of wasted time in you wasted days...whatever Ikobe i respect you as a person and respect your opinions..you have to learn to respect others..my god i havent slept for days " sleeping"

in flames
Ikobe..you seem like a very angery person..close minded no offence..dose it bother you that some people like a genere/band you dislike ? if it dose then you really have a mental problem..starting this thread with a tittle called " haha " and saying that you dont care if people mock you for doing that..why the hell do it then..why watse you time ? OH you have alot of wasted time in you wasted days...whatever Ikobe i respect you as a person and respect your opinions..you have to learn to respect others..my god i havent slept for days "falls asleep on the chair "

Ikobe
I'm frequently upset always angry and constantly cynical, and I was just generally pissed off that there were multiple threads about the same bands even though that's one of the forum 'rules'. So there you go. I figure if they could waste my time by, y'know, existing, I might as well do some time-wasting of my own. And if you must know, in flames, yes, my days are wasted. In fact, my whole damn life is wasted. There, happy?

in flames
yes j/k...okay instead of making this stupid whiny thread why dont ya just make a thread about bands you would like to talk about. thats more mature. your still 14 howcome your life is wasted.

finti
ikobe you should seek professional help, and please do so before your next reply

Curl_Up&Dye
What the hell? This thread is a waste. I mean, I'm not a huge nu metal fan, but i dont see why people bash it. It's just evolution, a new style of music...it happens. They could have found a better title for it, but I think the main problem is the fact that it is so mainstream. They have the britney loving-teeny boppers singing linkin park, which makes me cringe more than you can believe.
But its the same way with the nu punk, aka the lite beer punk, mtv sanctioned good charlottes and simple plans out there. That pisses me off more than anything, because punk is a title that is meant to be underground. But metal was never kept underground, in fact, I like the more mainstream metal bands better...aka Pantera, Metallica, Slayer...etc

in flames
ya we been through it...this **** is to confussing to talk about...bands like metallica and slayer are not as good as hey use to be..and there is no longer pantera..so there are no more real mainstream metal bands..is soundtrack to the apoclypes out yet ?

Vader
*Vader hugs Ikobe ((((hug))))

I think this is the only decent thing to do with this thread.

Ikobe
What, hug me? Thanks, I appreciate the gesture.

Evil Dead
I still want to know what the hell a "twonk" is..............if you made the word up, please make up a definition to accompany it.

Ikobe
I pretty mucht hink a twonk is a Brit work for 'idiot'; it's not used very often where I live, though.

Ushgarak
Why would Ikobe have made it up, she was not the first to use it in this thread- that was Bad Boy.

Yes, it is slang for idiot, it is normally use in the Midlands and North, though BB is Welsh so maybe it is used there a lot as well, I dunno.

You can have hugs from me as well, Ikobe!

Ikobe
Yay ^_^ I've never heard twonk used in the Mids. Odd. Aroight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.