ROTK review(major spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fini
omg i just read the ainitcool.com review of ROTK.............oh man i wanna cry.........the movie is soooooooooooooo far

you guys have to read it
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16610
and note not everything was given away

sauron
I warned you about spoilers-I'm going deep now. Gandalf going nuts wth his staff and sword to protect Pippen. The charge of the Rohirrm agaist the standing army. Their second charge agaist the oliphaunts-suicidal stuff. Ok, onto the great stuff- The witch king knocking the hell out of Theoden. Everyone flees and the only one who stands their ground is Eowyn. It is one of the most powerful moments. The slow pan down the witchking's giant mace-killer stuff. I almost thought PJ screwed up when Frodo seemingly got out of Shelob's den alive. It is set up perfectly though. Shelobs sneak attack had people gasping, and Sams battle with the spider is awesome. Once again you will be cheering for Sam throughout. You will hear everyone talk about Legolas singlehandedly taking out an Oliphaunt and yes its quite a site to see. Gimli's line afterwards makes it even better. Denethor's descent in flames. A surprisingly moving moment is Gandalf's explanation of the Life after death to Pippen-and it happens in the middle of a huge battle. The return of Aragorn and the army of the dead cleaning up the walls of Minas Tirith. Sam deciding that he can't carry his master's burden but he can carry him up the slopes of mount doom. Gollum's joy and dancing when he finally gets the ring back- he truly dies a happy gollum. The destruction of the eye.

OH WOW

Aurora
I broke down and read it...... OH I CAN'T WAIT. It sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sauron
"Ring" in the new
12/04/03, 3:09 pm EST - Xoanon

The Hollywood Reporter: "The Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson is keen to shoot the trilogy's prequel, "The Hobbit," if the rights become available. Jackson spoke Monday at a news conference in Wellington, New Zealand, just before the premiere of "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," which opens Dec. 17 in the United States. Jackson said that while he would like to shoot "The Hobbit," which was published 17 years before the "Rings" trilogy, he will be tied up for the next two years with his next project, "King Kong," and then would like to make a New Zealand-originated film. Jackson also hinted that the DVD for "Return of the King" could run for more than four hours.

from theonering.net

eldarion
OMG! The Hobbit would be too cool! Ok, I couldn't read the spoilers! I started on that website above and then thought, I don't want to riun this totally for myself! By man, what I read blew me away! eek!

ash007
Man i need to watch it.
I CAN'T WAIT. normally most films i like get a crap rewiew but this one has got a good one

mah
It's getting rave reviews most places..Best of the three they say.

sauron
but read my post about the spoilers, GANDALF GOING NUTS WITH STAFF AND SWORD

OMGomgOMG

cannot wait to see gandalf whupping some ass,

p.s who loves ians pimp ass hat

Fire
yea the most reviews sound awesome

SilverFighter
I couldn't resist reading the review but I did anyways. Now I'm really going to have to see it!! I'll never forgive myself if I missed this one at the theathers!!

ROTK..... the waiting is almost over!!

szhismine
*wails* i wanna see it..... *wails*

and i can only see it on the 19th. sad

Ariadne
I have to wait til the 20th if I want to see it with someone that will appreciate it. Three extra days!!!! I don't know if I can make it...

fini
laughing out loud good to see that you people liked it.......when it opens worldwide...i'm gonna have to avoid allllllllllllll the lotr forums that i go too until it opens here ( dec 25th).....otherwise i'll go COMPLETELY INSANE..........i'm only half way there now

sauron
http://www.theonering.net/staticnews/1070750601.html

what a miserable bugger, i mean he did nothing but complain

ilvorlandobloom
OMG I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it sounds like its gonna be the best movie EVER!!!!!!!!! YAY, that part about Legolas and the oliphaunt!!!!!!!!!! yes! omg, i am so exicited i cant even put it into words.

Camellia
Nah, I think that the person on TORn that did that review had a fair enough point. Of course, I believe that PJ has done a fantastic job and I would NEVER expect him to stick EXACTLY to the book, but still, when you are as huge a fan as that guy seemed to be, I can understand his irritation...

All the same, WOW! I cannot wait!!!

sauron
orlado killing oliphaunt all on his own, bah, i could do that, we should watch out for the REAL sexy person in lotr SIR ian mckellen

fini
laughing out loud
and you know those orli droolers are gonna go on and on and on about how great that scene was
*groan*

muse5
dude you and me both... AAAAAHHHHH

muse5
man, that torn review gave me a massive headache... it sounds like my english teacher talking.... i'm SO mad about what they are cutting out.... so mad, i read about the houses of healing in newsweek during lunch last week and they had some of the spoilers... i screamed NO really loudly, i was soooo mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.