Good Charlotte????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaxi D
okay ive been here for a few days and already ive noticed there are quite a few Good Charlotte fans around. cmon Good Charlotte??? apparently they were good when they werent so poular, and ill believe that, but now they are just terrible. but the thing is some people actually think they're BETTER than some true (contempary)punk bands, like Jimmy Eat World. which is just strange. so heres a test to see how many people believe this. who is better, Good Charlotte ( sick ) or Jimmy Eat World ( rock ) .

purely out of interest of course.

total metalhead
anyone who votes for GC needs a head check

diegocala
Two socks! Are we stupid?

Killer
neither

stinkfist462
GC.. i heard more of em thats why.....

Wolfie
I don't listen to Jimmy Eat World and I hate Good Charloette so I would have to say neither. C'mon, what kind of song is Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous???

loserib
i dont like either band but my band nothing but losers and my firends band deem are writing a song called benji blow your brians out we are playing it this new years

plenTpak52
Same here. But I chose Jimmy Eat World anyway because no one can be worse than GC.

purple princess
gc arent that bad some of their songs are reely good.
their songs have meaning. i havent heard jimmy eat world so im not gonna dis them.

plenTpak52
Their songs have no meaning. "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"? "Girls Don't like Boys"? Yea, those are truly deep songs. GC sucks. Its all power chords and complaining about supid shit when they have no idea what they are talking about in the first place

DemonicGambit
I think Good Charlotte is pretty much a newer Green Day, only difference. I like Green Day's songs. An' as for Jimmy Eat World, I don't even listen to them so I have no opinion

BOPRecruit 16
GOOD CHARLOTTE ALL THE WAY! besides, jimmy eats world song "in the middle" was getting annoying.

fadetoblack
They both suck!

crazy_rock_chic
havnt listened to Jimmy Eat World but i voted for them anyway coz GC suck sum mighty arse

wicker_man
I enjoyed 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' but the rest of there outputs were pretty mundane and nothing special as for Jimmy Eat World there ok done one or two good songs but nothing too special.

octapushunter
GC is the only band worse than Linkin Park as far as i'm concerned.
lifestyle's and that other song are sooooo terrible. a retarded dog could come up with something more original. Jimmy doesn't get flamed by me cause i haven't heard them. if they sound anything like GC, then may God have mercy on their souls.

claidisa_felton
plenTpak52 you obviously havent listened to much of gc hav u? its a bit of a shame they released the two songs with the least meanin on the whole two albums but...thats life. every other song is. oh well. if people are too small minded to give gc a chance thats their choice. if i had a pound for everyone who sed they suck id have a loooot of pounds by now believe me. im still gonna defend em if no one else will.

loserib
i hope to fist fight with the guitarist one day just ti see if he could back his shit up

SAtown_punk
Benji? He would beat the shit out of you. He can definitely back his shit up, but he wouldn't waste his time with you. He's a great person, though. And a true punk. He doesn't give a damn what anybody says about him or his band. That's what punk is all about. He is the heart and soul of that band.

Jimmy Eat World are great, and "Bleed American" is a awesome song, but GC's first album is what got me into punk. You can say they aren't punk, and I don't give a damn what your opinion is, but they opened the door for me and I am eternally grateful and I will forever defend them. The first album was badass, the second was mediocre, with a few good songs, but I truly believe the next album(which is due out this year) will be great.

SAtown_punk
Claidisa....that's a great, GREAT point. Their first album was awesome, and the second album wasn't TOO bad, either. It just seems to me that it's cool now to make fun of Good Charlotte. What have they done wrong? Gotten rich playing music they want to, and working their way up from squatters to quasi rock stars? That's the way it should be. I'm with you...I will forever defend them, especially because they got me into punk, whether they're punk or not.

PrefectRonnykin
benji kicks ass and he will eat jimmys world (bad joke)

SAtown_punk
lol

SK88728
Jimmy Eat World is so old, plus theyre songs got old after about a week but i love GC's music

PrefectRonnykin
yee i like smart people

SAtown_punk
I actually do like Jimmy Eat World, and the fact that they arent't playing teenie-bopper "punk" is a major plus. But I do still like Good Charlotte even if they went WAY downhill with the new album. At least there were a couple good songs.

amlap
i vote for JEW just because they are the JEW!

stinkfist462
HAHA
i like JEW better .. but i did vote for GC cause i havent heard much pf JEW ... if only i could change my vote .. Dammit !

amlap
but i heard that the National anti terrorism income security is after them! but thats what iheard evil face

stinkfist462
is after who laughing out loud
sounds like fun big grin

PrefectRonnykin
GC is better than all your dumbass bands well not AFI and LP

stinkfist462
AFI is one of my favs big grin

pipschick
I love AFI too!! Am listening to them right now. big grin

SAtown_punk
I can't stand Linkin Park.

PrefectRonnykin
SATown you dumbass i dont like you anymore

heehee i like stinky more than you stick out tongue

Darth Revan
and what dumbass bands would those be, "goth"?

SAtown_punk
You don't like me 'cause I acnt stand bands that don't play their own music? Linkin Park is talentless and all their shit is electronic. But that's my opinion.

I also like AFI.

Sigillum_Diaboli
im listening to AFI now as wel...

SAtown_punk
good for you. Old or new?

Sigillum_Diaboli
a mix .. i made ... new and old ..

SAtown_punk
great choice. I hate people that say they like AFI and have only heard "Sing the Sorrow". That's so much bullshit.

ilvorlandobloom
i voted for GC... i actually havent heard jimmy eat world, just like 1 song or somethin....

stinkfist462
i would like to change my vote ... to JEW .... because i like them way better now ..

SAtown_punk
What do you mean now? As opposed to when? Did you hear something new from them or something?

VilleValo462
no ... be4 i voted for GC cause i heard more of them .. now i heard more of JEW .. and i like JEW better ..

SAtown_punk
I like some of JEW's stuff, but it isn't all great. All of GC's first album was awesome, and there are a few good songs on the newest album, but all in all, GC's good stuff outnumbers JEW's good stuff.

pipschick
I haven' actually heard any of JEW songs!
I'm just a big fan of Good Charlotte, THEY ROCK! big grin

cheeky chops
i agree wiv pips chick, good charlote rock!!!!! reel big fish r quite gd aswel tho

love Orli, Elijah, Dominic.... HOBBITS + ELVES 4EVA!!!!!!!!! love

pipschick
Just thought i'd post a pic or two of my fav GC member. smile

pipschick
Another!

VilleValo462
who is that one again ?

pipschick
Benji love

total nettlehead
who cares. there all virtually the same person.

Shoukan
Jimmy Eat World is from Arizona...I choose Jimmy Eat World not because of that but they have some good songsyes

SAtown_punk
No, they aren't all virtually the same one. Benji is the only one in the bands who actually loves the music and cares about it. If he evr left Good Chalotte to start something else, they would be awesome.

FEDFAN316
i like GC so is jimmy eat world so i am up for both

Arachnoidfreak
Listening to Good Charlotte makes me want to shit liquid, it's so bad. Jimmy Eat World is better, but not by much.

I think Good Charlotte's only half-decent song was the theme from "Undergrads".

natalya719
oh how i hate good charlotte
...and simple plan

amity75
Good charlotte make me want to stick pins in my eyes.

BloomBabyGirl
good charlotte should get together with avril levine and plot how to destroy music even more

Darth Revan
BBG> wouldn't work out, GC thinks Avril is a poser, and Avril thinks GC are posers laughing

PunisherFan33
good charlotte is kinda better.

Darth Revan
Anything is better than Good Charlotte no expression

...except New Found Glory. no expression

fuct_up_kid
but the new stuff is actually really different, so if you didn't like them before, listen to that and then decide.

Silver Stardust
I agree no expression

ClaraG
like, durrr, good charlotte!

Fearnix
I realy cant stand Shit Charlotte i mean Good Charlotte.

Tptmanno1
I choose Rage!!!!

Arachnoidfreak
hahaha here here! I'll toast to that drunk

PippinTook
^ Agreed! laughing out loud

I didn't vote 'cause I don't like either of them. confused I used to like Good Charlotte in sixth grade, but that was only because I heard their REALLY old songs (like the ones that aren't on CDs and you can't find them anywhere....stuff that they recorded in their basement and shit), which are way better than their new shit. But, strangely, GC actually got me interested in punk. confused Even though they're...well...not exactly punk erm They're poser punks. Hehe. But, yeah, I grew out of them and I went from punk to...punky...goth? What the f**k? What the hell, I hate labels and that's not what this thread is about. So my point is I don't like Good Charlotte or Jimmy Eat World. Gah.

FEDFAN316
has any one put up a slipknot form? and if thay have tell me and good charlotte is better rock rock rock thumb up thumb up yes yes thay r hot shifty love wink but not the drummer

Zelda Lestat
GOOD CHARLOTTE SUX
GOOD CHARLOTTE ARE POSERS
GOOD CHARLOTTE IS A BOY BAND

gcriotgirl1991
Happy Dance Good charlotte is way better than Jimmy eats world. I hate jimmy eats world though so thats my vote! IF you dont like it to bad go suck an egg! eek! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ronny
couldnt of said it better... well yeah i could have, i wouldnt use caps lock so much and spell sucks right no expression

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

Remember when you used to like Good Charlotte? And we would always argue about whether they sucked or not? Ah good times... happy

Ronny
i loved arguing with you laughing out loud

ninja then again you always win

Darth Revan
Yeah *dreamy sigh* those were the days happy laughing out loud

khalla
good charlotte may suck in your opinion, and are poseurs
but they are not a boy bands boy bands are bands made up of boys that don't play their own music and don't write their own songs and if im not mistaken gc does write their own stuff and play their own music!

Darth Revan
Actually, boy bands do play their own music. There was a group called Milli Vannilli a while back who got sued for not actually singing on the album--they had a group of talented, but unattractive people do the singing for them, and they lipsynched on the videos. The difference between a boy band and Good Charlotte is that GC have guitars and pretend to be political... That's it.

Ronny
yeahh but they're all gone now cry

Silver Stardust
Yes yes

plenTpak52
^^I agree

SlipknoT
Whoa Whoa Whoa, I completely agree they suck, but I think the shittiest band award goes to Simple Plan.

Ronny
slip is rich shit award goes to simple plan

darwin award goes to good charlotte no expression

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

Tight sig btw Ronny big grin

Ronny
im changing it soon and it will be mucho better

i have chino, maynard, and zack i need more people

Deathblow
doh How can you put Manson in there with all those sex god legends?

Df02
ne1 else notice how that new-ish GC song sounds like its been torn straight out of a From Autumn to Ashes album and made shitter?

Spicy_Mchaggis
laughing laughing /\
|

i agree. have we actually made a thread about which pop-punk band is the best. i think the new gc song is hilarious. i crack up everytime i hear it. its just the thought of them trying to be serious in such a horrible song.

Darth Revan
Manson is a sex god too droolio

Silver Stardust
Manson is creepy as hell...but definitely yes droolio

Yumcarrots
i've got Good charlotte's new album, but the bloody thing is copy-protected so i can't copy it onto my pc! i'm so annoyed!

PippinTook
Oh, gosh darnit, Yumcarrots! I guess that sucks for you, doesn't it? roll eyes (sarcastic) I don't see why you bought their album in the first place. Alright. Tell the truth. Is something wrong with you? blink You should check out that You Have Bad Taste In Music guy. laughing out loud Go to that thread on this forum and read it. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f59/t307058.html You need help, chick.

Ronny
ooh yaya is it filled with more

waaaah my dada left me and even though i have all the money in the world from 9 year old wannabees buying my cd's i still have a horrible like waaaah

PippinTook
laughing out loud That was great, Ronny.

Ronny
oops i ment lifew not like embarrasment

laughing out loud thanks

Darth Revan
Always see it on TV
Or read it in the magazines
Pop rock bands who want sympathy
All they do is piss and moan
Inside MTV
Whinin' about
How their daddies used to beat them

I'd like to see them spend a week
Actually living life out on the streets
I don't think they would survive
If they could spend a day or two
Walking in the shoes they sing about
I think they'd stumble and they'd fall
They would fall

Life styles of Good Charlotte
They're always complainin', always complainin'
If pop stardom is such a problem
Well they got mansions
Think we should rob them

Did you know if you were Benji you could kill your wife
And there's no such thing as 25 to life
As long as you got the cash to pay for Cochran
Did you know if you were caught
And you were smokin' crack
McDonalds wouldn't even wanna take you back
You could always just run for mayor of LA
I'd like to see them spend a week
Actually living life out on the streets
I don't think they would survive
If they could spend a day or two
Walking in the shoes they sing about
I think they'd stumble and they'd fall
They would fall

Lifestyles of Good Charlotte
They're always complain', always complainin'
If pop stardom is such a problem
Well they got mansions
Think we should rob them
Lifestyles of Good Charlotte

We'll take clothes, cash, cars, and homes
Just stop complainin'
Life styles of Good Charlotte (3x)

Ronny
hysterical

Mane
i totally agree

meiwaku
I wouldn't call either band punk period. Nothing about their music makes them punk, perhaps the way some of the band members dress would make them look the part but their music is hardly punk. If I was to even suggest they were punk I would call them punk pop.

PippinTook
laughing out loud That's perfect! laughing

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.