Official Thread for Breathing Trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

d8camjordan
Well as we all know its out and its a beauty....I turned my volume up and played the full screen...good gosh it was beautiful...I saw it last Friday night but this was great too...when I typed in www.starwars.com/episode-ii and it was taking a while to load...I knew it was there...and when I saw it I thought I was dreaming. I have the bootleg as a souvenir lol but this is just wonderful...now imagine if there is a trailer this coming Friday on dvd.starwars.com and a BIG one November 16....I will have wet my pants by then!

Check out the news story on http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/11/news20011105.html

If it is too slow here is what it says:

starwars.com Episode II News Article

Lucasfilm and Apple Present Teaser Trailer "Breathing"
November 05, 2001

The new Episode II Teaser Trailer opened November 2nd, exclusively in theaters with Monsters, Inc.. At 60 seconds, it goes by fast, so Lucasfilm and Apple are pleased to provide starwars.com members the "Breathing" teaser in three high-quality versions to view on your computer. This online version is available exclusively in QuickTime 5, Apple's industry-leading digital video software.
Before you go, make sure you're signed-in as a registered starwars.com member and that you have the free QuickTime 5 plug-in. (The largest broadband version requires QuickTime 5 Pro.)

Ready? Click here to begin the adventure.

To see what your fellow fans are saying about "Breathing", click here.

end of article

The link to the trailer- http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/video/trailers/breathing/

The link to the official forums- http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=19&thread=5056

There ya go!

Raz
You can download the breathing trailer directly to your desktop by right-clicking saving the following URL:

http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/breathing/media/pro/ep2_breathing_m640.mov (~12MB)

d8camjordan
its in the attachment...tell me how you all like it

d8camjordan
thats great...now those that havent gone through the site yet can skip the slowness...thanks raz

Raz
Just seen the trailer about a million times, in full screen and full volume smokin'

d8camjordan
to show why the trailer may be successful...here is to show that it gets louder and louder as the trailer goes on...here is the waveform from the audio of the trailer...notice how it rises!

d8camjordan
and here is yet another picture- this one shows mace, yoda, padme, a gungan (NOT NECESSARILY JAR JAR) and two others- typhoo and dude

d8camjordan
sorry i forgot to attach...here it is

Ratcat

queeq
Hey Raz, isn't that the link to the big trailer, the one you need Quick Time 5 Pro?

Raz
Dunno. I haven't tried in the Standard version.

Angelus
Doesn't seem to be.... I used the link with my normal quicktime and it worked fine...
Love the trailer and can't wait for the new one....
Hey.... does anyone think that in the early shot of Anakin he does a facial expression that makes him look just like Luke? Just a thought.....

Texas
Whoose is Anakin fighting with towards the end of the trailer?

Ushgarak
Dooku.

ToMacco
Notice how it's blue? And how he has a green one in the beginning?

He's going to build his blue lightsabre in the middle of II as a part of his training, just as I said he would. It's the one Luke gets in ANH, I bet.

Aquarius87
hmmmmmmm, i think the trailer is pretty mad,it took me almost 2 hours to get the full equipment and download it (my lil bro interupted it like 3 times,and i'll tell ya...i was one pissed off little girl).hehe.anyways it was well worth the wait,it was truely spectacular.Anyways even the shortest clips have fullfilled my anticipation until the movie comes out.Ahhh *sighs* smile

yerssot
that's a teaser all right

King Jedi
I'm not sure if I like it or not. Here is what I thought.

BAD POINTS
1. What have they done to Yoda? He looks terrible. Bring back the puppet!

2. Kamino. I thought the cities were going to be bigger. sad Maybe they will be but on the trailer they looked very small.

3. Watto. Is he a different colour or is it just me?

4. Ships. There weren't any ships where I went "wow!". There didn't seem to be anything as good as the Sith Infiltrator, or an X-Wing. The ships we saw looked quite dull.

5. Jango as CGI when he was flying looked terrible. So did the water on the Kamino shot.

GOOD POINTS
1. Mace looks mysterious.

2. Padme and Anakin look great together.

3. Obi-Wan in that energy thing.

4. The clone army! Bigger than I could have imagined.

5. The clones working at computers.

It seemed like there was too much CGI and it didn't look as good as TPM.

Texas
I agree with you about the CGI not being up to par. But it is still over half a year away, I'm sure those scenes were not completed and will appear much better in the final cut. I think CGI Yoda looks pretty good, but like you, I prefer Mr. Oz.

yerssot
Yoda is clearly CGI sad
But for the fx:

The color of his suit is White and Blue... not GREEN. This makes that on a dark surface the suit will be "shining". That makes that with a bluescreen it feels strange. But be sure, it's not THAT bad, and it will change... I think.

King Jedi
I hope so. If you watch the TPM trailers then some scenes are different from what they ended up.

yerssot
I'm pretty sure.

BTW: just saw some reports: they are now talking about a worldwide release!!!!
Meaning that you won't have to wait months, but 14 days max!

Texas
I sure hope they do. That way all of us on both sides of the ocean can discuss it together....GROUP HUG!!!!!! big grin

yerssot
no thank you! big grin

mah
teletubbies, teletubbies, BIIIIIIIG HUG!!!!!!!!

yerssot
*runs away, screaming*
NOOOOOOOO

Ushgarak
Odd; I quite liked Yoda and Jango in the trailer.

Ratcat
So did I. MY only real critisism was the Kaminoan sea didn't seem to move but it's early days yet.

I think Tipoca city is big, we were just seeing it from a great distance.

Dooku stepping in as the suspended Obi scene fades was cool too.

Ushgarak
And I hope that wasn't the whole Clone Army; it was pretty small compared to the efforts from Lord of the Rings.

sand person no. 10
where did dooku step into the scene?

whose is the ship that is going through the asteroid field and who is it firing at?

sand person no. 10
what a dufus, no need to correct, (mental note - must read all threads first).confused

ToMacco
They aren't going to use a puppet for Yoda? That's a big mistake if its true.

Aquarius87
I think yoda looks heaps good in CGI, but its kinda weird cos times are changing you know,once there was a primitive puppet version,now days they replace him into a computer image thats stored on a hard disk,rather than a workshop.
Yeah getting back to the trailer,i think they should have had music,the breathing was kind of annoying.Dont you agree?rolling on floor laughing

Aquarius87
That smiley face is trippin me out.just had to let you rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

mah
i think the breathing and the no-music was the best in the trailer. it set kind if a dark, tense mood.

queeq
The ship in the asteroid field is Slave 1, Jango's ship.

I like the CGI Yoda, he has very subtle facial expressions now.

I had the same problem with the CGI water and Watto looked odd as well. Weird thing is, I remember a lot of comments before TPM came out that "they would fix the CGI", they never did that though.... so, I dunno.

Nevertheless I liked it. The sabre colours are fairly confusing. Because the shot with Anakin with a green sabre is on Geonosis, where the final confrontation takes place. So Anakin making a sabre halfway is not supported by those two shots of Anakin with lightsabre: both are on Geonosis at the end of the movie. Maybe he's using OB1's sabre here.

Aquarius87
I just have to ask a stupid question,i was reading somewhere that Amidala is now called senator padme..whats going on here?
I know Amidala got voted out as queen,but why is she now called padme,i thought her real name was Amidala.Padme is A disguise?..right?
Help me please,i'm sooooooo cunfused.

queeq
I think Amidala was her coronation name. Padme Naberrie is her birth name. I think her full name might even be Padme Amidala Naberrie, but someone has to confirm this for me.
All in all, Amidala was her coronation name, Padme her 'normal' name. So when she was no longer queen, the coronation name was dropped. Fairly simple really.

yerssot
I was pretty sure that it was Padme Naberrie Amidala...

queeq
Possibly. It's something like that.

Quite strange really. On the TPM Insider's Guide it only talks of Amidala, with Padme Naberrie as her handmaiden disguise name.

King Jedi
If Yoda was a puppet in the OT then they should keep him a puppet for the PT. Same with Jabba. You can use CGI to make him move but why have they changed to CGI for everything? It costs more and takes more time and I don't think it looks as good as a puppet.confused

Ushgarak
Didn't look any worse than the puppet to me, and they can do more with it this way.

King Jedi
A puppet will always look more real because it IS real. It's there, on set. CGI should only be used to create things that's impossible to create any other way. IMHO

yerssot
talking about skin; color and texture I think

Ushgarak
A puppet may be real, but that does not make it look better by default! When it comes to special effects, CGI can create things that look MUCH better than puppewts.

I judge them, on individual cases, and I think the Yoda CGI is at least the equal of the puppet in looks, and it can do more.

King Jedi
I don't agree with that at all. Yoda puppet looks better than the CGI one (in the shot we've seen), and the Jabba puppet looks much more real than the CGI one.

If this was a completley new character then yes use CGI if it's easier. But Yoda is one of the most recognizable characters there is. Everyone is going to look at it and ask "is it better than the puppet?" and I don't think CGI can match the puppet.

But then I prefer the stop-motion of the Tauntons in ESB to the CGI creatures.

Ushgarak
Hmm. I think a lot of people were impressed by that Yoda shot in the trialer; certainly all my freinds were.

But more importantly, GL is pretty certain that he simply cannot do with a puppet what he needs done with Yoda, and I am sure he knows what he is talking about...

King Jedi
I never said he didn't. But by changing the look of such an established and loved character he's risking a lot. The Yoda puppet had a charm that CGI doesn't.

And can you imagine watching the films in sequence? Ep1 puppet. Episode 2 CGI. Episode 3 CGI. Episode 5 and 6 puppet again. I don't think it will work.

Ushgarak
I think that's a problem he has in a large amount of areas actually.

Well, I guess we'll see how it looks as a whole before too long...

yerssot
the puppet gives him a more old, stiff look...
BTW: I thought that there was a cgi Yoda in TPM...

mah
it's known that GL said some time ago that he wanted as much as possible of the film to be computer animated, i think it was when TPM came out. so he likes CGI therefore more and more stuff get computer animated, when he has the possibility to do that. fine by me really.

yerssot
well about the skin color of Watto; I thought there was a pic of him, and he stood in the shadow...

jedi212guy
Remember, Episode II is about 25 years before ESB. Yoda can age. He can lose hair and grow hair. He doesn't have to look the same in all of the movies even if he's around 900 years old.

Aquarius87
...yeah very true,yoda ages very slowly,but that doesn't mean his Hair or facial features need to be the same each time he apears in SW

Dim
I'm just hoping he loses it all by the end of EP3..

King Jedi
The more I watch the trailer the more I like what they've done to Yoda. But I'd still prefer a puppet.

yerssot
well, I'm still looking at the rain-scene.
The only thing to say: because Fett's suit is white, and because of the thunder, it looks strange

King Jedi
"This is not good"sad Or maybe it's just because we haven't got used to it.

yerssot
we are used to see it in green, perhaps that's the problem

King Jedi
I mean all the CGI. I think it takes time to get used to.

yerssot
well, I didn't had problems with Watto, the first time I saw him...

Ushgarak
Gosh, this really must be a tatse thing, because I thought that Jango shot was damn cool.

And I think his brighter suit is great. Very sleek.

yerssot
that brings me to the question: where did he got the GREEN suit? I mean Boba...

Ushgarak
Well, best indication right now is that it is Shocktrooper armor, in which case it would have been one of many suits based on Jango's design.

But that's all from years ago; could be any reason behind it now.

yerssot
well, it's based on the suit as far as I can see.
Now the Shocktroopers-story is very old, and I don't think they will be in SW (exapt when the clone army is called the shocktrooparmy)

jedi212guy
Boba could have just built his own based on memories of his father's armor.

ToMacco
Maybe it would be a good idea if we waited with speculation until Lucas shows us more than 30 seconds of footage.smile

queeq
Maybe Boba uses Jango's wedding armour which is green.

finti
nah he likes the color of Slave-1 so much he had an armour to match it

DJ Velocity
I have JUST seen the teaser trailer (yes I know, where have I been). I am really impressed.

King Jedi, you mentioned before about not liking the CGI characters. I definately agree with Jabba. And if the Yoda in TPM was CGI then I agree with that too. But that shot of Yoda in the trailer is immaculate.

If Boba is Jango's son (the first clone) why is he young, yet the shot of the clonetroopers boarding the transport seems to be one of adult clones?

And their armour looks more white/grey to Jango's blue/silver.

King Jedi
And why does Boba look nothing like Jango?confused

I think CGI is great for new characters like Jar Jar, Watto, battledroids and the podracers. But the characters from the OT should stay the same. I just don't think it looks right making them CGI.

yerssot
well, I don't look like my father, so why should Boba look like Jango?
About the thing with adult-clones, that has puzzled me too, I think that clones can grow very quickly because I don't see anything else...

King Jedi
But if Boba is meant to be a clone of Jango then he should look identical to him.

Dim
Well, maybe he's one of those kids that changes alot as they grow up.

King Jedi
But isn't he a different colour? This is why I think Boba is his son rather than a clone.

Bragg2012
the shot from breathing where we see lots of little clones rigged up to computers.. (all of em look like daniel logan btw) these are the kiddy clones.

We do not know jango's age because this could give alot of the plot away.

IMHO jango has a fast growth gene, making him look and physically be alot older then he really is. this is why he was chosen to be the mother clone..(cos clones outta him will grow reaaaaaly fast) in return jango wants a son..a proper son so this groth gene is taken out of young boba so he grows up at a natural rate, which is why we see him young and old throughout the saga, and he has the strength ect of his father.

make sense? im prolly wrong but who cares
stick out tongue

King Jedi
But why does Jango want a son? And why can't he get one the "natural" way? None of this makes sense.confused

Bragg2012
IMHO he wants a son that dont grow fast as fook..the only way to do this is to clone and remove the speedy growth gene..

Ushgarak
Why NOT want a son? Maybe he's sterile; who knows. Or Boba could be his normal son, yeah. Oh, I dunno.

yerssot
I support the growing gene, because in (again eu sad) that explained the storm troopers (trilogy of T Zahn)

King Jedi
Forget everything I've said. I've just seen the new pic of Jango and Boba together and they do look similar. Boba could easily be a clone of Jango.

yerssot
*erasing memorie*
wait! erased too much!

King Jedi
As long as you don't forget to send me the Holiday Special!

yerssot
I PM'ed you already that it can't be sent using hotmail (it's 17.5 megs so hotmail rejects it)

King Jedi
sad sad sad I'll see if I can get another e-mail account that allows bigger files.

yerssot
altavista is free...
and do you have icq or msn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.