dwarvish questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eldarion
ok, so I am going to be a total hypocrit here and ask anyways...
I haven't read the Silmarillion yet (getting it for x-mas hoefully) but I still reallly wanna know...where do the dwares live? I know all about moria, but where are the rest? And why don't they come fight?http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/xmas.gif

sauron
hm i know where they live, cant remember the name, but i know how they came to be

illuvatar had promised his children to the world (the elves) but one of the valar grew tired of waiting and created his own people (dwarves) but illuvatar but the dwarves into a sleep until the elves entered middle earth

eldarion
interesting!

sauron
oh the dwarves do fight in the silmarrilion and they are amazing at what they do, then they spoil it by stealing the nauglir

eldarion
BTW...if anyone else has questions about dwarves, they can ask them here. yes

eldarion
What's the nauglir?

sauron
a necklace combining the greatest work of the elves and the gretest work of the dwarves together

the dwares was a necklace thing and the elves was a silmaril

pinksuezo
in the 3rd age, there are many dwarves in the iron hills far far to the north, at the lonely mountain next to dale and laketown of the humans (important place in the hobbit, and where smaug used to live after he kicked out the dwarves and then got kicked out in the hobbit, permanently, if u know what i mean), and also in mountain ranges far to the west, where they spent their time mining and basically avoiding the growing evil during teh time of the lotr.

pinksuezo
**SPOILER**
oh yeah, and u can also count gimlis dwarves who lived close to minas tirith (or was it in rohan?) after the war in those caves.

turin
well the dwarves in erebor werent idle during the wars. sauron when he attacked minas tirith he attacked everywhere, lorien, mirkwood, and the lonely mountain. all in an effort to prevent them from sending aid to gondor. all his forces were defeated except at the lonely mountain where the remnants of dale took up refuge in the mountain and prepared with dwarves to endure a long seige. but finally when saurons was defeated the host laying siege to the lonely mountain gave up and were routed from erebor. before the war there were dwarves in the iron mountains and ered luin (the blue mountains) and again in the lonely moutain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.