Anime you just have to see!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fungrl515
There are so many great anime titles out there, but which ones are worth spending the time and money to see? I'd say all of them, but there are some great classics that you can't miss. There are also some new ones just getting noticed, but are worthy of attention. I must say that there are a few titles that if you haven't seen already, go out there and buy em cuz it's worth it.

Akira (If you haven't seen this, you're missing something great.)
Ghost in the Shell (Considered inappropriate for younger viwers, but this is a great movie that can't be forgotten.)
My neighbor totoro (Great for little kids and really funny.)
Inuyasha (Great series found on adult swim. Really cute and funny, but still action packed and exciting.)
Cowboy Bebop (Funny and Enchanting. This is one of my favorites and watching this could never be considered a waste of time.)

There are a few others that you probably should borrow from a friend or rent from the local Blockbusters.

stinkfist462
i love ninja scrolll

fungrl515
hm. yeah. that is great. You musn't forget the new series called Fruits Basket, which is an amazingly cute drama series. Also, my personaly fav, Hellsing.

JKozzy
Evangelon! yes

burlyman
smile Blood: The Last Vampire rocks! rock

Akira and Ghost in the Shell are classic anime big grin must sees

General Kaliero
I'm quite surprised...

No one has mentioned the great Trigun yet?! Shame, shame on you!

movie_freak
Laputa is another anime you gotta see

movie_freak
Also forgot to add GTO(Great Teacher Onizuka) & Love Hina

SilverFighter
Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis is destine to be an Anime classic!!

burlyman
Yes! smile

fungrl515
true true. sorry i never mentioned them before. i'm a bit sleepy, so don't mind me. I also must add Escalfwone, which I'm crazy about. Also, Chobits.

el_barto
akira and trigun

Vampiree
not SEE, the word is READ and the manga is ANGEL SANCTUARY of course!!!! GO ZAPKIEL!!!! YOU SEXY BEAST!!!

crazy_c
dragonball z
sailor moon (non dubbed version)
Evangelion
martian successor nadesico

LordVegellamy
Everyone has to see Excel Saga all the way through at least once. Its the funniest anime comedy i have ever seen. Actually its the best comedy thing in general ive ever seen. No exaggeration either!
Afro Nooooooooooooo!!

Godshinto
Mine is Trig and Ninja Scroll very awsome

Kitoky
Inuyasha is a definate, Rurouni Kenshin's great, Sailor Moon
Martian Successor Nedesico, Evangelion, Megami Kouhosei
Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Pretear (bishounens), Vampire Princess Miyu, Bakuretsu Hunters, *despises DBZ*, Zoids, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, FLCL scares me but it's kool. Kare kano, Fruits Basket, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, Cardcaptors Sakura, .hack//SIGN, Fushigi Yuugi, Ah! Megami-sama!, Chobits, Naruto, Onegai Sensei(XD), Ranma 1/2, D.N. Angel, Angel Santuary...And that's about all I can think of.

Reborn Again
SERIES:

Ranma 1/2 (...and movies)
Escaflowne (...and movie)
Gundam Wing (...and movie)

MOVIES:

The Venus Wars
Ninja Scroll
(any) Tenchi
AkirA
Jih-Roh: The Wolf Bridage
Macross II: The Movie
Shadow Skill
Princess Mononoke

ShadowGirl
My personal favorites are:
Rurouni Kension
Yu Yu Hakusho
Vampire Princess Miyu
Princess Monoke
Shadow Skill
I have more but I'm getting kinda sleepy so..... sleep

Gotwa
Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin).

Good movies.

sugarxen
and to add to that list (ahhh happy at all the name4s mentioned, ummm Hellsing n___n)

Macross Plus (Reborn Again mentioned Macross II: The movie, are we thinking the same thing with Sharon apple?)
Bubble gum crisis 2040 (OMG! I loves this!)
Naruto (is up and coming, I haven't seen anything but I've heard good things)
Domian Tank Police (aaahh comedy)

Reborn Again
Nope. Macross II: The Movie is completely separate from all other Macross serials and movies. It's independent and a masterpiece.

fungrl515
for some reason, i hated metroplois. my dad has it, but i hate it. *shrugs* i don't know why either.

oh, and hellsing is a must see

fungrl515
yes! another escaflowne vote! i'm sorry, but that's my fav show. oh, and also, for kids, my neighbor totoro was just adorable! there are so many good shows and movies, it's tough to tell which are great and which aren't.

sugarxen
Oooh spiffy, i'll have to look out for that then n___n thank you!

nail_bunny
I recomend Hellsing to anybody who has yet to see it.

soundtrack
other anime/movies to see:
saiyuki, outlawstar, gundamwing, witch hunter robin, cardcaptors,princess monokoe, inuyasha, pretear, rahxephon, pilot candidate, s-cry-ed, zaion:wish u were here, gravion, etc. i have alot of others. if anyone wants to know anything about any of these just ask.

BlackHatDefect
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pichi
Yami To Boshi To Hon No Tabibito

I NEED TO SEE THOSE!!!!

miss_deep
I recommend Naruto, definitely. gotta love that anime, as well as Bleach. R.O.D.'s kinda goofy, but I like it anyway

Saber_Apricot
Anime people have to see..? Maybe Grave of the Fireflies.
Anime people should see if they like anime at least a bit:
Juuni Kokki
Mononoke Hime
Tokyo Godfathers
Crayon Shinchan
Atashinchi
Sazaesan
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell:Innocence
Adolescence Apocalypse

...er, that's all that I can think of now.

grey fox
QUOTE]other anime/movies to see: you missed out the best one vampire hunter d bloodlust if you havent seen it i pity you it has brilliant graphics the characters are awesome and the plot is very giood and the fight scenes are superb[

Atomic Rico
Samurai Champloo-I just saw a couple pics of it in a magazine and I was like "holy crap!!! that looks freakin awesome"
Im getting the DVD on the first day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.