UFOs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
Has anyone actually seen a real UFO? I'm not talking about dodgy lights which can be easily explained but the real deal?

yerssot
yeah! lots!
during "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", or "ET", or ...

amity75
Wow! Have you told anyone else about this?

yerssot
no, I'm scared of them sad

amity75
Haha! alien

Baylin
I keep looking and I see unidentified lights in front of my eyes all the time...

Dirty Vader
I saw them in independence. They nearly took over the world you know. yes but the president of the united states destroyed them.

Baylin
Destroys everything that president of the USA... stick out tongue

amity75
I actually vomited during his speech in that movie.

Dirty Vader
It was a great speech, you know. Thanks to that, those brave pilots managed to bring down the aliens yes

amity75
I missed that bit. I was cleaning up my mess. Thanx for wasting the end for me!

yerssot
amity ... we won big grin

Dirty Vader
We killed the aliens thanks to the americans! Happy Dance

yerssot
we let them win big grin

ash007
man how come the Americans always win the war i mean the rest of europe is just as smart as u guys j/k

yerssot
or even more ....

that's cause they made the movie wink

Dirty Vader
And because their action movies are full of patriotic crap (no offense).

Fire
Independence Day is a very crapy movie. and there is no such thing as UFO's (the kind with Aliens in them)

Fitch
I belive in aliens...

Fire
I also believe in Aliens Fitch, would be hard to think that we are alone in the universe, tho it might be possible- Until we meet an Alien we can't be sure.

However I do NOT believe that aliens have already "visited" earth.

holdenhsvgtsr
its area 51 eek!

http://home.pages.at/jooman/area%2051/1g.jpg

Fire
yes and???????

I think everyone has seen pics of Area 51 before

yerssot
I used to live there you know wink

Fitch
you were created there...stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah, like all my brothers and sisters smile

Storm
laughing out loud

Fitch
you're the beta version then stick out tongue

Evil Dead
I'm with Fire on this one............

While mathmatically speaking it is a near certainty that there is not only other life but also other intelligent life in our universe......there is absolutely no reason to believe they ever have or ever will visit this planet.

For a civilization to advance to the point where they can pefect travel through the very hazardous space........it is a generally accepted theory that this civilization would have to be extremely peaceful. They would either:

A. Have space flight as their most important priority......letting them achieve this feat in a relatively small period of time. This would mean that war is a thing of the past as ensuring one's own survival is the highest priority for any creature, human or not. This priority must be a non-issue to allow them to focus so much time on space travel.

or

B. A civilization that has been around long enough to slowly but surely perfect space travel must be peaceful do to the shear amount of time it must take to pefect this process. Any civilized hostile race that could exist long enough to perfect this feat would have already sealed their own doom by internal hostility and fighting. Their species would never last long enough to perfect space travel.

Any intelligent (prerequisite for space travel) peaceful race of beings would stay as far away from this planet as possible. If our universe teamed with intelligent life and they all traveled through space freely, our galaxy would be the restricted zone.

yerssot
well, what sorts of flight will they develop? cause as fast as the shuttles and all go, it takes us quite some time to reach alpha centauri

Evil Dead
the scientists are currently toiling around with magnetics..........creating magnetic fields around crafts.

The other big idea is anti-matter.......ofcourse this is just science fiction but who knows, in a few hundred years we may actually see an anit-matter engine.

yerssot
we, but what about them?

Dirty Vader
Maybe they already perfected such an engine. Maybe the alien species that would of created such an engine lived thousands of years more than us and are therefore more advanced.

Fire
anti-matter, ion engines and the whole lot would all be useful, but I don't think we would be able to understand alien technology

amity75
My friend, a more rational guy you could not meet, works as a surveyor with British Coal. One night 2 years ago while nightshift at his quarry he had a knock at his office door by 2 cops. They said theyd received a report about lights coming from the quarry. They got to the quarry edge to see a large craft with "toblerone triangle shaped lights" lift up and go into the sky. This was in bonnybridge in Scotland. This is a reasonable, rational guy who told me this. He's never been the same since. He was told by a guy who visited the site a few days later that "They're monitoring our water and natural fuel supplies".

5knuckleShuffle
i saw a ufo be4

WindDancer
I would really like to see one in my lifetime. Alien or Military plane...whatever I want to see one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.