What is Art

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asami
Art exists in various forms e.g paintings, music, performance etc..

But what is your definition of art? If music just sounds like noise to you is it art?

Maybe art is when thought is put into something that is presented to the public?

What's your thought?

GABRIEL05
Art is expression. But coherent in one form or another. Of course coherency is just how you look at it. Like when you critique classical you wouldn't look for the same things in jazz or some other randomly labeled genre ( I HATE LABELS).

saucybird007
laughing out loud
ART:
1. the creation of beautiful or thought-provoking works, for example, in painting, music, or writing

2. beautiful or thought-provoking works produced through creative activity

3. a branch or category of art, especially one of the visual arts

4. the skill and technique involved in producing visual representations

5. the study of a branch of the visual arts

6. creation by human endeavor rather than by nature

7. the techniques used by somebody in a particular field, or the use of those techniques

8. the skill or ability to do something well

9. the ability to achieve things by deceitful or cunning methods (literary)

npl arts

1. the activities enjoyed for the beauty they create or the way they present ideas, for example, painting, music, and literature

2. nonscientific and nontechnical subjects at school or college

Baylin
I thing art is anything is percieved to be beautiful, creative, or just thought provoking.
My favorite art forms are nature and natural music, that music is crafted in an analogue form as oppose to a digital one

cermiestar
life

SilverFighter
To me the definition of art is this:

Art is the language of our soul trying to express emotions and also using aesthetics as tool to translate it in our bodies.

Sounds cheesy but that's how I feel about art.

Fire
Art is very subjective and I think you can consider anything as art if you want to

Lord Soth
Art is an expression of your feelings through a medium. Painting, music, sculpture, books, theatre, are all examples of mediums

Fire
well I almost agree

Soth

I'd say: Art is expressing feelings through a medium

DemonicGambit
Art is everythin' an' anythin', it can't be defined. Someone can look at a crumbled piece of paper an' to them it could be a beautiful piece of art

grymlock
freemasons

cheers!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.