Tom Riddle Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

greekgod
i was just wondering i have seen the second movie many times and i am upto the 4th book but one thing that still puzzles me is tom riddle. Even though after the second book he isnt really important i still am confused. Is Tom Riddle voldermort 50 years ago or something and then voldermort preserved him as a memory in the diary?? also what is the deal with the thing how he writes his name and it changed to lord voldermort?? does that mean voldermort used to be named tom riddle but changed his name because of its muggle origins?? if anyone is willing to answer this it would be very helpfull.

Thanks

airangel429
Yes, you are correct on all of those! smile Tom Marvalo Riddle translates into Lord Voldemort. He didn't want his muggle fathers name.

Yes he preserved his memory in a diary.

VengeanceGOD
Basically, as a weird little kid he found out that his name translated into a cool, badass name. So he went with that.

Schizo_n_me
Yes that pretty much sums up his reasoning for being the evil dude that he is... roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
tom riddle just doesn't exactly inspire much fear in the masses. voldemort just has a nice evil ring to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.