New Movie - CRASH!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MISSME
This movie is currently being produced and it already sounds like a major loser! MAJOR BOMB!

Can't Hollywood come up with a decent "movie plot"?

finti
a little bit about what it is all about might help

MISSME
Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Matt Dillon, Ryan Phillippe and rapper Ludacris are to Crash for director Paul Haggis, according to Hollywood Reporter.

Thandie Newton, Larenz Tate, Nona Gaye are also joining the project with Don Cheadle already on board.

The project is described as being in the style of Pulp Fiction and Traffic. It follows a multiethnic cast through the streets of Los Angeles as they careen in and out of one another's lives.

Other cast members to join the above nine actors are expected to be announced shortly. Shooting is to begin on Monday in Los Angeles.

Kes
Doesnt sound that bad.

Tired Hiker
I think it needs a CG character like Dobby the house elf or Gollum. Then I will see it.

lil bitchiness
Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Matt Dillon, Ryan Phillippe....im liking it already!! raver

Curl_Up&Dye
doesnt sound too bad, but i should bite my tounge, it could end up a bomb if the directing and scripting is poor

ses707
Filming started today in San Pedro, Ca ... I work just above where they spent the entire day filming ... Thandie and Matt were on scene ... I found this thread shortly after starting to look for info about it ... more knowledge to ya big grin

botankus
Oh, YEAH. laughing This really sounds like a winner all right.

Anyways, if CRASH is the name of the movie then I hope it's at least better than the James Spader/Holly Hunter/Rosanna Arquette fiasco of the same name.

Velcro_Boy
Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/crash/large.html

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by MISSME
Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Matt Dillon, Ryan Phillippe and rapper Ludacris are to Crash for director Paul Haggis, according to Hollywood Reporter.

Thandie Newton, Larenz Tate, Nona Gaye are also joining the project with Don Cheadle already on board.

The project is described as being in the style of Pulp Fiction and Traffic. It follows a multiethnic cast through the streets of Los Angeles as they careen in and out of one another's lives.

Other cast members to join the above nine actors are expected to be announced shortly. Shooting is to begin on Monday in Los Angeles.

It sounds like just another movie where people of different backgrounds spend a night enhancing there social understanding, by being forced into uncomfortable situations. This either works or doesnt. There are no in between for these movies.

MildPossession
Hey! Crash was an excellent film by Cronenberg.

Morning_Glory
just saw this movie over the weekend and LOVED IT!

sk8stuff09
it kicked ass and had a good meaning to it.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, its a shame it performed so poorly at the box office last weekend.

Cinemaddiction
Look at all its competition, not to mention its in limited release.

TheFilmProphet
Very true, which unfortunately is often the case with great films such as this one.

MildPossession
Crash looks interesting, will be seeing it when released here.

Jackie Malfoy
This movie is currently being produced and it already sounds like a major loser! MAJOR BOMB!

No they can't because they are running out of ideas.Now all movies sounds the same even the horror and action movies.JM mad

Morpheus
raver Every once in awhile there is a great film that moves everything
and everyone. This is the best film i have seen. im happy hollywood didnt come and fu** it up. you will never find a gem like this.
I thank everyone sould see this movie. So mush greatness to this movie. thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up raver

BackFire
It's supposed to be the best movie in theaters right now, which isn't saying much, considering everything else is shit right now.

But it IS supposed to be very good, I'll be seeing it at some point.

BackFire
Just saw this earlier, excellent movie. Very heavy and thought provoking.

Most likely will go up for an Acadamy award.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Kes
Doesnt sound that bad.

It really wasnt at all.. was quite good in fact... and the music was very nice too

I also expected it to bomb... but when I went to go see it, it was just a very down to earth film about how we just get out of control with our hate and fear

Originally posted by BackFire

Definately thumb up thumb up

I dunno how I got caught up into watching this type of movie again (i've watched a few on the racism thing.. and have rolled my eyes numerous times), but I have to say.. this one was definately thought provoking as you've put it smile

Andrew McLeod
I need to see it when my mom gets home. She really wanted to see it and I dragged her to see Star Wars...what a stupid decision. lol

jeandylon
hi i would like to suggest you this cool site where you can download movies / games / music online! They reviewed the best download movies sites online, i saved time and money with them and i found most of the movies (including kingdom of heaven!) i was looking for!

the url address is EDITED FOR SPAM

Solo
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
No they can't because they are running out of ideas.Now all movies sounds the same even the horror and action movies.JM mad

The idea for Crash is completely original. I don't know what you fools are talking about.

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire

doubtful...great movie yes...but academy awards seem to be won by those movies that are timed to come out in the 2 months before the academy awards...i fear this film will be gone and forgotten by the next oscars

take the best movie of 2 years ago as an example...21 grams...absolutely brilliant acting...couldn't scrape a single awards because it came out just after the academy awards

forumcrew
im writing a thesis paper on this film for an American Studies class.

The Kaiser
I honestly don't know how anyone liked this movie, i thought it was terrible. Patronising, perdictable, and it made me cringe. You've got to be as ignorant as hell to find it thought provoking as some people have said. The script was appauling, and the movie basically just beats you over the head with the same point. Yes it was well acted, and tecnically well made, but these are its only plus points.

SleaterKinney32
Crash was a beautiful film. Possibly one of the best films I've seen this year. It really put the entire racism issue we see now-a-days into perspective, and not in a cheesy way, they really did it right. And it's nice to see that some writers, directors, and actors are willing to take a risk on such a controversial issue.

DanZeke25
I dont know if i will see this. Its not really my kind of movie.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just finished seeing 'Crash'. It is a very good movie. The plot thread involving the shopkeeper and the locksmith was the best, but they all fitted well together. The 'closure' scenes seemed a little rushed at the end, but it's still a good movie, and it tackled a difficult subject very well.

Solo
Crash is one of my favorites. Love it.

Rapscallion
Crash is a stunning film, strong in every aspect, particularly the writing. Crash is the most unpredictable movie I have ever seen. The way the director, Haggis, plays with your emotions and make you reevaluate opinons that you already made about certain characters earlier in the film is fascinating.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I thought the Sandra Bollox-Brendan Fraser thread was rather crap.

GCG
Originally posted by Solo
Crash is one of my favorites. Love it.

I thought so as well. The intertwining between the characters was well done and does give a lil food for thought. Even when you think there may be 1 chracter who is not flawed by racial thoughts, eventually its that character commits the fatal error.

PinstripePapaya
i saw this film a while ago and i thought it was amazing. the title doesn't do it any justice, i think one of the things i found so good about it was the way in which right at the end, the Black woman who had taken such offence at the police officer being racist, was like to those people "dont even talk to me if you can't speak proper english" (or something like that) based just on the fact that they looked foreign! shows how hypocritical some people can be!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by botankus
Oh, YEAH. laughing This really sounds like a winner all right.

Ahhh, hindsight...

I'm surprised 'Crash' won. It's a good movie, but also a little preachy. I was sure 'Brokeback Mountain' was going to walk it.

tlbauerle
I was tickled to death with this win. I was actually going to be pacified with the Original Screenplay nod...but I am thrilled with Best Picture.

Halfway through I started to believe it might actually have a chance. However, the only award I'll ***** about is Best Song, as 'In the Deep' most certainly should have won.

Its good to know, just because 'gay' is in right now, it doesn't mean the Academy was going to atomatically walk BROKEBACK or TRANSAMERICA to the podium.

Arachnoidfreak

Someone got owned hard.

BackFire
Haha.

As said in another thread, I was rooting for this movie and am very glad it won. I do like Brokeback Mountain, a lot, but Crash, IMO is just an all around excellent film. The first purely good decision the oscars have made since American Beauty won.

fini
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Someone got owned hard.

REALLY REALLY HARD

lol what a dumbass.

Makedde
I can't wait to see this movie!

papabeard
I think the dude that started this thread may be feeling a litle foolish about his hasty comments.

Solo
This is being re-released to theatres this Friday, the tenth of March. But would anyone happen to know if it's the director's cut being re-released or the theatrical version?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Solo
This is being re-released to theatres this Friday, the tenth of March.

Only in 150 theatres nationwide. It'll probably be the Theatrical version.

.Dance_Inside.
^^ ah..I love your sig yes

woot! I'm so happy that 'Crash' won for best picture..what an amazing film.

Makedde
Originally posted by papabeard
I think the dude that started this thread may be feeling a litle foolish about his hasty comments.

laughing out loud I bet.

Ethan Edwards
I hated Crash. It is heavy-handed, predictable, completely implausible, and riddled with awful cliches. It is as if Haggis took every stock story about racism and threw them all together. Nothing but eye-rolling material if you ask me.

papabeard
I think some of it was a bit contrived and cliched but alot of it was subtle.

manny321
Its good like when the arabic guy shot the little girl, or when the black guy faced off aginst the police officers. I found those two scenes sad.

The ending is very sad when the black guy got shot by the cop at the end for a very stupid reason. A sad despressing but good film.

carita
It was a prilliant movie! Maybe I havent seen all movies then, but this was so much different from the others. It was interesting all along

Morpheus
smile i knew it. smile it was to good to pass on. smile

Morpheus
Originally posted by Makedde
I can't wait to see this movie!

laughing out loud i think so.... big grin smile

EPIIIBITES
Good movie to watch...bad movie-making.

H. S. 6
This thread contains one of the hardest ownings I've ever seen. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.