Tolkien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LoTr4EvA
I love how Tolkien can draw you into a make believe world and make you feel as you are there experiencing everything that the characters are going through. He put so much love and care into his work and so much detail it possibly making him the best author that ever lived.

What do u like about Tolkien and his work?

Ariadne
I love the way Tolkien splits up the TT and RotK, so you're dying to find out what's happening to Sam and Frodo, but then when you get there you want to know what is going to happen to everyone else.

Dejio
What I like about the guy? His passion and the amount of detail on his works.

Discos
He spent his whole live writing about Middle Eart, something I may do later in my livetime.

I believe the only person in the motion picture of Lord of the rings who has actually met Tolkien is Christopher Lee (saruman)

bLooMiLiCioUs
he MET him??!!!cool!!!!!!!!!!!

Discos
Yes i remember either taking a quiz on it or reading it somewhere,

BingaBonga
Tolkien is awesome.

sauron
tolkien was amazing how he would draw you in, make you care about the characters, he could make you see middle earth and its happenings as clear as day, plus his dedication, he spent well over 60 years writing about middle earth,

plus he looks cuddly big grin

Camellia
His individuality - and yet, his clear inspiration by other sources at the same time

It shows that he, just like the rest of us, admired people and was following in somebody else's footsteps and that, I think, is wonderful!

big grin

sauron
lol camellia that bit at the end 'and that i think is wonderful'

reminds me sooo much of mr. beans speech on bean the ultimate disaster movie big grinbig grinbig grin

Ariadne
Did anybody know that in one of Tolkien's early draft of LotR Frodo's name was Bingo? The whole story would have been a joke if he hadn't changed it.

Camellia
Yup, Bingo Bolger-Baggins!!!

Oh, how I laughed when I heard that!big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.