Does anyone do any type of Martial Arts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

heatherfeather7
I have started taking a Martial Arts class about a month and a half ago. It is called Youn Wha Ryu (it's based on Taekwondo). Does anybody else take any or did you used to take any kind of martial arts and what kind? ninja ninja ninja ninja

cermiestar
i do karate because my mum was terrified i would get abducted after watching the news too muh so i do karate.....it's fun!...
and kickboxing....good for agression.....big grin

heatherfeather7
I really like it so far too. It's great exercise (I'm losing weight). I feel stupid being a white belt because I just started, but I will get to test for the next level in January. What order do the belt colors go in in Karate?

SilverFighter
When I was a littlelum is used to do Karate. As a teen I did Thai Kickboxing for three months. Now I only do cardio excersise in my spare time. Martial Arts classes are expensive these days.

total metalhead
i used to do a martial art called jeet kun do, but i gave it up cos i believe that when your fighting, you dont need fancy moves, just a kick in the crotch and a punch in the face will deal with most people smile

Fire
I did some Katana fighting when I was little should start it again. Tho I am not really in shape for it in competition style

SpikeSpiegel
I do Jeet Kune Do, but yeah a quick kick to the twig and berries, a punch to the nose and a good lawyer'll do anyone.

heatherfeather7
I don't only do it for defending myself (have never had to). I like it because it keeps me in shape and helps me to focus better.

lil bitchiness
I did Karate for 6 years...but i kind of move arround a lot and I tend to travel too, after i moved to Halifax, i kind of stopped...then i never continued again...

But yeah, Karate is for self defence only, we also learned some cool stuff of how to contrencate, avoid fights, etc...big grin

It also helped me do better in school...

Fire
keeping your body fit improves your mental achievements

total metalhead
yes guys who do it the simple way. we're a dying breed.

saucybird007
i did kick boxing for 7 years evil face
plus my dad showed me loads of self defense. i can kick arse now! shifty

Gotwa
Lets see..I don't remember what type, but I took some karate as a little kid.. learned how to utilize a sword, bo, and many other things. I achieved brown belt, and was going to take my black belt test but I moved before I could. I've developed a few kata's (Can' remember the spelling >.o) just for fun, but I don't remember those either. stick out tongue

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i did tae kwan do for a a year when i was like 5.
after that i took Hockey smile

Baylin
I decided recently that I would start Kendo, I like the idea of shouting and waving a big stick in the air, must get rid of lots of tension and stuff

DemonicGambit
I started boxin' when I was 'bout 5 or 6, but stopped. Then at 9 I started takin' Tae Kwan do, an' I am now currently a black belt second degree. I don't take it anymore

mors823
I know Kung Fu.
No, not really. Too bad we can;t hook you up to a construct and download combat training sims into your brain.
Note: If you haven't seen the Matrix, ignore. This was just for fun. laughing out loud

DemonicGambit
That would be easier, but painful stickin' that plug into your head, no?

grymlock
i did Toimoi (thailand kickboxing), silat (a malay self defence with spritual) and i also learn how to shoot a gun... but better learn wizardry or black magick.. coz if anything happen just cast a spell and walah!! everything done... he he he he wink

cheers!!

Fitch
I did one month of Taicondo....really nice but school made me give up :'(

Trinity_Matrix
I used to take karate when I was little, about 10 years ago...I don't even remember why I quit, I think it was because the place where I took classes closed down.

Mafia Girl
I was gonna take Karate but never did......ive been askin my mum to let me take kick boxing but she wont mad

thorncrawler
i've taken karate, judo, kick boxing and tae kwan do, but now i practise with a 3" stick, and i do a bit of magic

Asami
I used to do Tae Kwon Do until I was red belt - one step away from black then my ITF school lacke funding and closed down. Around here is all WTF schools which is different from ITF so I couldn't carry on, ITF schools are miles from me.

My bf's dad is a Bak Mei sifu, they've attempted teaching me but I generally lost interest in beating the shit out of people. I admire my bf for training in various martial arts forms, but I don't wana be him. I enjoy slacking big grin

Lord Soth
Heh....I wish

sk8stuff09
blinkicon10

sk8stuff09
way back in the days of elementary school, i took a form of karatay called Oshirami Shiri Ru....i think it was called....it originated in okinawa, japan.....i made i t up to my black belt...then i quit.....wanna fight, son?

Janice Wyatt
I took Karatr for nearly three Years. My style was called Isshin-Ryu. Literally translated it means one heart way. I got up to a purple belt which was only two belts before black belt. I reall enjoyed it. love, Janice

ab012f9448
I used to do karate but after getting my black belt i quit because it was too repetitive. I am now thinking of taking up wu shu or sai classes.

Nightmare
I do Tae Kwon Do!!!!

LanceWindu
I took lessons when I was 11.

I got my yellow belt before my mom took me out of the class.

Vim
i'm a second degree black belt in tae kwon do, but would like to learn other styles like kung fun and jeet kune do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.