I am your father

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
I wonder if AOTC will have a big earth shattering shocking moment like ESB does. Maybe well find out if Anakin has a father or something. Does anyone think there will be someting like this?

ToMacco
First of all, my name is Luke, so I grew up with "Luke I am your father." That's not funny.

So they better torture some other poor childs name or something.

And yes, there will be something shocking to make us drool for Episode III.

Maybe Obi-wan is Luke's father, and Leia is Anikans daughter, or vice versa?

Dim
Wouldn't that be very Jerry Springer?eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
You know what I mean. It would be quite a twist if we found out they WE'RNT twins, just brother and sister, with different fathers?

That may explain how Obi-wan lives to the OT.confused

Aquarius87
Hahaha!,hah hah,hahahaha! shit thats funny,i have a cousin called luke,and i use to piss him off in the same way,haha! yeah,anyways leia looks like Amidala too much with the brown hair and eyes.and luke has taken anakins features.so the thought of obi wan being lukes father is funny,but imagine if mace windu was like lando callrissians father...(I wonder why though?).how gay would that be..i dont even know why i mentioned it!

ToMacco
Maybe Anakin kills his mother?confused

bigsef2
hey, i had the same thought a couple weeks ago and started a thing in the forum. so basically, here are my thoughts. you know how in episode i, there qui-gon and shmi discuss that anakin supposedly has no father. thats a loose thread that has to be resolved somehow in the series. we need to find out who anakins fater is. i think it will be palpatine/sideous/emperor. think of the "closure" to the entire series in episode vi, with grandfather, father, and son all in the throne room together. when vader kills the emperor to save his son, it just works really well. so vaders plea in empire stirkes back for luke to join him and rule the galaxy, could parallel sideous making the same plea to vader in aotc, except vader accepted. i dunno, i just think it would be really cool.

ToMacco
I wouldn't like that, it would just be a regurgitation of the original trilogy.

yerssot
having no father indicates that you're special, let's keep it this way!

Ushgarak
Having Palpatine as Anakin's father would actually destroy rhe impact of tha father/son bond of Anakin and Luke that is the centrepiece of the story.

Bragg2012
people are treating the prequel trilogy as if it is a re-make of the OT

Dim
Yes, they are...and I hope they're not going to be so dissapointed when they find out it's not.

jedi212guy
There will be a Mystery in AOTC that will make us soooo impatient for Episode III, and my money is going on how Shmi was killed.

Ushgarak
On th other hand, don;t forget that the two trilogies 'rhyme', as GL puts it. Anakin destroying the control ship in TPM echoing rhe Death Star in ANH, likewise stories of Anakin losing his hand/arm in AOTC seem credible.

Mind you, that would lead to a very large amount of sabre combats ending in hands being cut off...

yerssot
the star wars hands page smile

King Jedi
QUOTE]people are treating the prequel trilogy as if it is a re-make of the OT

I've been saying this since TPM came out. It's why so many people were dissapointed and will be again probably.sad

yerssot
but you will stil see the movie smile

King Jedi
Yes but where some people will see it as a great NEW Star Wars film some will see it as not being the same as the OT.sad

yerssot
I see it as the next installment in a movie that is 12 hours smile

King Jedi
So do I.

ToMacco
Anakin loses his arm? THis is the same trilogy as the OT.mad

Texas
Yeah, but in AOTC he looses it by not keeping his hands and feet inside the vechicle at all times......so it's a little different.big grin

Ushgarak
Like I say, the two are meant to 'rhyme'.

ToMacco
rhyme schmime!

There is no reason to do that. He should have new ideas, and not just regurgitate old ones.

Ushgarak
Ah, well, if you think it is a bad creative decision then fair enough... on the other hand, I think there is a certain pleasing feel for Anakin's and Luke's journeys to show a certain semblance but take drastically different turns at the crucial point.

Texas
Yeah, but I think GL can create rhyme without arms being chopped offrolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
There's no need for ryhme. We saw that in the OT. Luke had the same tendancies as his father, but in the end, he chose not to stay with the dark side.

To do it again in the PT would be a waste of everyone's time. Lucas, you better not blow this.mad

Ushgarak
Well, that is the route he is taking. We'll see if it works.

ToMacco
You'd think after not making a movie for 16 years, he'd be able to come up with a new idea.

Ushgarak
Well, all he has ever done is mould old ideas. It's the telling and the characters that made Star Wars great.

ToMacco
I don't know. After ANH and ESB, the movies have declined in quality, if you ask me. AotC may be the next in line.sad

Texas
He should add some more Jabba strippers like in ROTJ. We also must have a scene with Natalie Portman in a braw.smokin'

ToMacco
Or no bra!

Episode III should be rated R, and just be bloody as hellevil face

darth fester
i think the surpise is that everyone gets pissed off that the technology is going to be all 70s with crappy computers and orange walls

King Jedi
Tomacco you have no idea what these films are meant to be do you. You are going to HATE AOTC.smile

darth fester
i tend to agree with tomato

give us some sex and violence

ToMacco
Yes, King Jedi, I probably will

King Jedi
sad sad

mah
allthough I would love to see Natalie Portman undressed, i don't think that's what would be good for the upcoming SW films.

ToMacco
Yeah, but it would be nice!big grin

mah
certainly, maybe GL should make a new 'holiday special' about thatbig grin

yerssot
well, let's say it again: it's a movie that is CLEAN so don't think that you will see that all!

ToMacco
That's why I said it should be rated R.

We saw a boob in Return of the Jedi!eek! smile

King Jedi
That was a mistake. And if you want to see films like that then there are plenty around. Ask Texas, he knows someone called Debbie who makes those types of films.big grin

ToMacco
Debbie Does Dallas?

King Jedi
Well Tex is from Dallas.

yerssot
I knew you saw that To!

darth fester
maybe clones are some kind of vd and anakin got an attack of them

that would be cool

Venom
Am I surrounded by freakin BULLshit? That's what I ask myself some days...

Anakin HAS NO FATHER! He is the first and only child of the force. And he is the only Jedi to have children so that it's obvious Luke's the second most powerful Jedi in the whole universe. And Leia... dunno why she never got that power. Females just too weak that's why 99% of Jedi's are men wink I'm out.

finti
must be a lot of mirrors around you then.

who said Leia dont have the power? she just wasnt aware of she had it and was not trained for it .

Good it is obvious to you for it sure aint for the rest of us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dark helmet
anakins father is the FORCE.....
that was explained in ep 1....
its very much like christian belief if u think about it....
jesus was the son of GOD.....
anakin was the son of the FORCE....
jesus was believed to bring peace and balance to the world....
and so was anakin......

get it?
got it?
good!

yerssot
it's not only in christianity mind you!
Anakin didn't had to bring balance to the world but in the Force, btw...

First Mr Venom, he isn't a child of the Force, he was conceived by the MIDI-CHLORIANS, that's not the same!
We still don't know that Jedi can/can't marry, but it's widely accepted that it's against the rules.
And it's not because Anakin is strong with the Force that his son is that, I mean, I know only one Yoda, where is HIS family?
And if Mr Venom took the time to also read the EU, he saw that Leia ALSO has the Force as her ally! Excapt, eu isn't cannonical, and then you can read fintis reply: she had no time!

Ushgarak
It is absolutely NOT Christianity. GL's inspiration for the Chosen One is from absic Greek/Roman/Indian myth.

yerssot
thank you Ushgarak, that's what I just said roll eyes (sarcastic)

Indian like in the original inhabitants of America or the ones from India?

bigsef2
actually, alot of it IS christianity. it is also greek/roman, etc but theres no reason to exclude christianity just because its christianity. GL chose univeral themes from ALL major religions and cultures so that the stories would be vaguely "familiar" to everyone. that is the main reason why star wars is such a success i think.

and if you want to get nit-picky, when it boils down to it, all religions in existance today sprang from essentially the same basic thing, they just diverted in different directions as humanity spread out away from northern africa.

yerssot
hey, I'm not excluding christianity! it's not the only religian around here you know! having no father comes from A LOT of cultures, not only one!

Wanna nit-pick? naaah, won't do it.... wink
don't start with religion! I know a bit about that

bigsef2
i wasnt saying it was all christianity, just disagreeing with those that say theres NO christianity in it.

and actually, most "no father" myths in cultures spring from judeaism. in christianity, jesus fulfilled an ancient jewish prophecy that pre-dates most, if not all, religions in existance today. when humanity spread out, they took that beleif in a savior/hero who would have no father, with them. christianity is the largest religion that holds that beleif. unless islam does, but i dont beleive they do.

Ushgarak
But SPECIFICALLY, bigsef, the whole 'Chosen One' thing is NOT Christian based. That would have been crass.

yerssot
not everyone in that time knew about christianity so christianity was just lucky to have it

bigsef2
out of curiosity, of what is the "chosen one" based then? christianity is an extension of judeaism, which has been around nearly 6,000 years i beleive. the greek and roman cultures didnt exist until later. so im curious why you are so adamant that the "chosen one" prophecy has no basis in christianity. has george lucas said anything specific on the matter?

Ushgarak
Greek, Roman and Indian mythology do not have the remotest basis in Judaism. They found the 'one God' concept very weird indeed. Greek and Roman cultures descen,d if anything, from Egyptian ones- far older than Judaism. Indian mythology is its own, and also older than Judaism.

GL has talked of a number of his inspirations. Christainity has never been one of them. It doesn't quite have that storytelling tradition sweep he normally goes after.

And Anakin's birth fits the mythological profile FAR better than the Christian one. ESPECIALLY the going bad part, which is where comparisons with Christ totally fall apart.

Anakin is also not a God incarnate, his is a child of the Gods, half humam, half something else. Classic mythological stuff. He himself having a son further pushes it in the mytholgical direction.

Really, though they may appear similar, the Christian model is fundamentally very different to the mythological one, which is what this is.

bigsef2
actually the ties between judaism and greek and roman mythologies are very strong. while we call it "judaism" the religion of the people who later called themselves jews dates back since before even the egyptians came into existance as a people. as far as the myths of greek and roman gods having having children on earth, these are actually based on the biblical accounts of the time before the global flood. according to the bible, fallen angels came down to earth and had children with human women creating a superhuman race, which was later wiped out by the flood. hercules is an example of this idea taking root in other mythologies. my point is, if you go back far enough, all religions share common roots. as humanity spread, they adopted new beliefs and added and exaggerated the old tales, to come with specific stories unique to their own cultures. and if you want to get very specific, alot of the ideas and traditions in christianity and islam today are actually based on greek and roman mythology.

anyway, my point is that the mythology of star wars taps into that very basic vein of pretty much EVERYONES culture and religion. GL takes bits and peices of every one. anakin is not meant to be jesus christ. but hes also not meant to be hercules or some other cultures 'hero' either. he is a completely separate character, whose life has elements of many characters in our various cultures mythology. anyone who wants to say star wars has no parallels in christianity is being prejudiced and close-minded. George Lucas' heritage is largely based in christianity, and undobutely those ideas are part of his creative process in star wars, along with greek and roman mythology, budhism, hinduism, etc.

yerssot
The religion of the jews is very old indeed, when Rome concurrent almost every known place, their land was taken but they could still keep their fates although it was difficult.
Egyptians? Be careful with what you say here, we don't know everything about this civilization and there are many many theories about this all, it could well be the oldest civilization ever (well at least a civilization that constructed something)

I can't follow your point with the children of god, as far as I know EVERY religion (not sure about Islam here) said that everyone comes from the gods, the pharaohs are the son of the gods, the Caesars of Rome were son of a god, heck, even in Greek and Indian society (the one from America)
How do you explain that they are based on the biblical accounts when it's proven that the bible wasn't written at that time (remember that the most recent part was written in 100 after Christ, and it was a story about him, so...) They wrote what they had talked about and made it look better and they promoted their faith with the bible.
But, yes, there was a flood, no doubts there...
(ps: the bible was NOT written before the flood)

I'm in no way Christian, but weren't the humans created by god? I think about adam and eve, who had kain and abel...
I've never heard about a superhuman race that got wiped out, last time I heard was that god killed all the "bad persons" with the flood so he could create a better world...

Ofcourse, all religions have common roots, I never said otherwise, and I don't think anyone said that it's not so. Because there are connections (and I'm not talking about the Mayas and the Egyptians here) people think that there was once a giant civilization but that got split up...
Good to know, the faith before Mohammed came, before he created the Islam like it now is, Islam had more then one god but Mohammed "deleted" this

Still, there are differences between christianity and the culture the Romans had, not only in the number of their gods (although the story goes that jews had more gods, that's why the ten commandments start with Thou shall not worship other gods...
Mind you that there is a big difference between the jews and the christians...

Yes, GL borrowed a lot from other cultures and religions but he SAID THAT ALREADY!
The story of Anakin is not something I heard, bringing balance to something is new (I think, but haven't checked Oriental cultures the last years...)

You are correct, there ARE stuff borrowed from christianity, the birth from a virgin, but that's ALL!
Anakin DOES have a father, the midi-chlorian, hence, QGJ: It's possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians
He isn't the only person that heals people, it's a common Jedi trick; he turns evil (which is NOT something the good old jesus would do), he doesn't die hanging on a cross, BUT he DOES come back also as a ghost...
And tell me, which civilization DOESN'T talk about ghosts?
Let me give you an example from the year 243 BC:
a greek (or was it roman?) poetic was traveling and when he got a room somewhere (he wasn't in the city) he was working and working, and when it was completely dark he felt something on his shoulder, he looked and saw a ghost, but he said:
"Let me work, for just a few minutes more, I'm almost done here"
The ghost waited and when the poetic ended his work the ghost led the way, when they came in the garden the ghost stopped and pointed to a spot, the next day the poetic ordered people to start digging and they found a skeleton there.
This is proof that ghosts aren't around only in christianity (hence this is a story from BEFORE the birth of Christ)

bigsef2
just as an interesting point about the children of the gods that yess wasnt sure about being in the bible. according to the bible, the reason god brought about a flood was because angels saw that women on earth were hot and wanted to have sex with them. so they came down and had sex with them. their children were a superhuman hybrid race called the nephelim. they were wicked and abused their powers and slaughtered humans in their struggle for power. so basically, that is where its beleived the myths of 'gods' in most cultures came from. its really very facinsting.

in any case, GL took star wars from alot of different cultures. no one can claim it belongs entirely to one beleif system or another, which i think we were all in agreement upon to start with. so i think we can lay this part of the discussion to rest.

yerssot
yeah, ok, you got the uncensurised version of the bible...(?)

and I never made a discussion about that, I pointed out that not all is christian and not all is christian-based

bigsef2
no, ive just actually read and studied the bible, so as not to be completely uneducated. theres alot of cool stuff in there. some of the battles would make great movies.

bigsef2
just to change the subject a little bit (the way i see it if people wanted to discuss religion we wouldnt be at a star wars forum smile ) i still strongly beleive that palpatine has SOME sort of major involvement with anakins birth. i would be interested to know if anyone can find thematic problems with that general idea. would it adversely affect the story the movies are trying to tell?

Ushgarak
The whole nephilim thing is VERT apocraphyal, bigsef.

And a quick note to yerss- the Caesars were NOT children of the Gods. I have no idea where you got that from. Two of them were declared Gods by the Senate as a good political move and a third was made a God by the Britons, but that's all.

And it's still a mistake to claim all religions come from the same root. VERY dodgy ground that. The Ice Age zeroed out all previous ties of mankind and civilisations- Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Baylonian, Indian, Chinese, and so on- all devloped SEPERATELY with NO tie between their belief systems once the Ice Age was over.

And I maintain that any Christianity influence in Anakin's plot is circumstantial at best. It does NOT fit the Christian model.

bigsef2
good grief, were back on religion again. :-) the nephelim are NOT apocraphyal in the least. theres a little book called genesis, accepted by christians, jews, and to a large degree by muslims. you might want to look at chapter 6. there is also reference to them in the book of Job, where they are called "men of fame" which is also not an apocraphyal book.

as far as my comments of religions coming from essentially the same place, it is almost unanimously agreed upon by nearly every culture on the planet that there was a global flood and only 8 people survived. those 8 people had the same belief system. as their children and grandchildren, etc. spread out, they took those same beleifs and gradually over time, they shifted to become the many religions we have today. new ideas came along, and those were incorporated, and in many cases overshadowed the existing religion and traditions. nevertheless, if you go back far enough, they all have SOME connection to one another.

as far as yesserots comment goes about the children of god, i dont know what he was talking about either. in old times it was common to refer to anyone in athority as a god, this included judges, kings, and people of importance. i dont know if this is what yess was referring to, but that could be it.

yerssot
Sorry Ush, mistyped there, it was Caesar, Gaius Julius Caeser, who claimed to be the son of a god...

I said that they may had the same root, the possibility is there, but it's not certain!

Yes, big, you are correct, Genesis chapter 6, good one! (got ourselfs a christ-boy here winksmile)

And why 8 persons?

and yes, I was refering to those with an important role where often claimed "son of gods"

Ushgarak
First of all, bigsef, that Nephilim thing is given as much credence as the whole homosexual burning thing, as far as the Bible goes.

Secondly, that 8 person thing of yours is just crap. Sorry, but there it is. It is a complete nonsense statement. No such thing EVER happened. I'm not sure where you got such rubbish from.

I repeat. Ancient cultures start from the end of the Ice Age, They start scattered and with NO connections. At all.

yerssot
a little note: there is no doubt that the flood existed!

queeq
Actually there is evidence of a flood. At least for the whole Middle East. Sometime in the Early Bronze Age I think.

And as for the Nephilim, that story does sounds like a myth, but that does not make it apocryphical. Interestingly enough, many other religions, myths, talk about gods having intercourse with people and bringing forth giants. Now can we so safely say that ALL myths are nonsense without ANY historical basis. I believe it's too easy to say.

yerssot
myths... let me think... those were made to explain certain stuff the people of that age couldn't explain, so no historical thing there

bigsef2
yess, i cant claim that im just smart, i actually got a bible of the shelf and looked!! thank goodness it was in chapter 6! if it had been further, i would have been looking for a while! wink

actually ush, it seems you are either biggoted against christian beliefs or simply uninformed. and yerssot is correct. among sceintific fields there is absolutely no doubt that a flood occurred. the current debate is whether the ice age the ush stated caused the cultures to scatter was an ice age, or whether it was the flood, and theyve just misread the archeological evidence.

about the 8 person thing. biblically, noah, his wife, his three sons, and their three wives survived, so that makes 8. there are over 2,000 cultures on this planet that have flood stories and those that count the number of survivors put that number at 8. this is further corraborated by the fact that the japanese character for "ship" is composed of the symbol for "boat" beneath the symbol for "8." the same is similar with many native american cultures, although this isnt surprising since the ancient japaneese people are actually the ancestors of the native americans.

as far as the "homosexual burning" thing goes, that ones beyond me, ive never heard of it, so i cant comment on it. theres too many people using christianity to support their own little agenda so it wouldnt surprise me. sad

Ushgarak
There is far more evidence of an Ice Age than a flood. Not that they are mutually exclusive

And I repeat- your 8 person thing is pure nonsense. It has absolutely no scientific basis whatosever, ABSOLUTELY NONE. I have heard of no civilsation ever that postulated this as fact. Nor has anyone I have ever met.

yerssot
funny, I didn't know that EVERY culture said that it were 8 persons...

noah, his wife, his three sons, and their three wives survived
- I'm lucky you are here to tell us these things...
But remember Genosis chapter 41, 1!

queeq
But there's no proof for that Flood in that sense, Bigsef. I do agree with all these parrallells between these stories. In Mesopotamian culture there is the story of Utnapishtim, someone who survives a big flood with a boat. Very similiar to Noah, he also starts to grow vines and make wine.
But that of 8 people is not substantiated by any historical or archaeological fact.

yerssot
now that I think of it...

there is an old Indian story that goes that, hmm forgot his name...
well, anyway, there is a big floot and he carves out a whale, and that whale come to life and saves him from drawning...
no 8 persons here...

queeq
There are many stories like that. I do think it refers to some kind of historical occasions. I also think myths are way toeasiliy discarded as pure 100% fairy tales.

bigsef2
the eight person thing is NEVER going to be proven or disproven by "evidence." you have to look at different cultures and you either wonder why they all have a certain thread in common and draw a conclusion, or you can dismiss it because it would mean the bible said something that was in fact true. heaven forbid. wink

Ushgarak
Oh goody. Let's throw silly things like 'evidence' out the window, shall we?

Sorry, not playing ball. Back it with proof or it'll be ignored.

yerssot
big, the bible has CERTAIN elements that are true...
like...
there was indeed a jesus christ...

but that 8 stuff? no way!

queeq
Well, you can't prove it didn't happen either, yerss. big grin

Ushgarak
He can't disprove my theory about the flying mongooses doing the bolero, either.

queeq
Which is your best theory ever. big grin

Difference is though, the concept of Flood is not entirely without any proof.

Ushgarak
I thought he meant the eight people thing.

queeq
Ah no, I doubt there will be any evidence for that ever. Which of course doesn't prove it never happened, but just that we can't prove it or consider it a scientific fact.

bigsef2
first of all, i will say that i never said that every culture said 8 people survived the flood. i said nearly every culture. what i did say is that nearly every culture that specified a number, said there were 8. and as far as the number being 8 people, what reason does anyone have to disagree? honestly. we obviously know there was more than 1 person who survived, and anyone who disagrees is a complete idiot. smile ive yet to come across a culture that specifies a different number survived.

as far as the proof goes, there IS evidence to support the number as being 8. the bible says there were 8 and the bible is a historicaly accurate book. while i concede people may disagree with its religious teachings, the bible has consistently proved to be historically and scientifically acurate. there have been many instances where names and places in the bible have been thought to be made up, and the bible was discredited. then archeologists discovered those places and names. in EVERY instance, archeology has either proved what the bible says is correct, or is simply inconclusive because theres no strong evidence one way or the other. so thats one evidence.

another is the japanese character for "ship". its the symbol for "boat" with the symbol for "8" on top of it. no one can argue with that. that is another evidence. while not conclusive in of itself, it would be a very interesting coincidence. if someone has similar evidence supporting a different number, id be more than willing to hear it.

i would suggest that a moderator move this discussion to a general discussion area. im sure people are wondering why the hell theres a discussion about 8 people surviving the flood in a thread called "i am your father."

if no one wants to move it, i will give mad props to anyone that can tie all of this back in to our original discussion. smile

yerssot
yeah, sure, the bible is historical accurate; if we want to destroy a city wall, we always walk around it three times and shout roll eyes (sarcastic)

So... where is the hell? They haven't found THAT place yet, not talking about heaven here...

For that Japanese thing, I don't know Japanese that well, and I don't know the figure for boat, so I pass on that...

and because there are civilizations that said that there weren't 8 survivors, your story falls apart, because if there were only 8; why would another say something different? (espacially when they were with those so called 8 survivors)??

bigsef2
which cultures say the number is different than 8? i know cultures that spoke of a man that survived, but obviously there had to be one other person, a woman, otherwise we wouldnt be here. just because a culture doesnt mention a number, that is not an agrument that there were no others. especially in patriarchial societys like in those days. generally the head of the family is the only person beleived to be of importance.

about jerico, it IS proven that the walls of jerico fell, but theres no way to ever prove HOW they fell, unless you want to use your time machine and take a video camera and go back and watch.

and about hell, i DID say that the discussion was on historical matters, not matters of doctrine. that being said, hell is not a biblical teaching. it was actually adopted sometime in the third century by the etruscans, i beleive.

yerssot
about the hell; so? it's still in the bible so...

and about the number 8: haven't find it yet, not enough time, but I know it's somewhere in North-America...

And Jerico; you said the bible was historical correct, so walking around and screaming has to be also correct!

bigsef2
prove it wasnt. thats my point. the isrealites lost gods favor when they killed jesus, so god doesnt help them win wars anymore. you cant prove how the walls fell.

and finding a couple cultures that dont talk about the number 8, doesnt prove anything. i could find several that do. either way, its really a moot point. there were atleast 2 and probably more. 8 is not a disbeleivable number, and if you want to find some culture that says there were 6 instead of 8, then go ahead and beleive there were 6 if you want.

as far as hell goes, you have to remember that the bible was not written in engilsh. it was written in hebrew, greek, and parts in aramaic (spelling). the hebrew and greek words translated hell literally mean grave. so when the bible speaks of someone going to hell, its saying theyre going to the grave. so if any punk christian all high on himself ever told you you were going to hell, you can tell him he was an idiot and can kiss your @$$ smile

yerssot
well, if there are cultures that said that there were "insert number here, not equal to eight" then you can't say for 100% that the bible is correct!

god, you know a lot about that all!

Ushgarak
Ok, this IS getting a little silly now...

bigsef2
i would agree, and suggest AGAIN that if someone wants to continue the discussion of religious stuff a moderator move it to a general discussion forum. if not, then ill just try to put this thread back on track.

i would like to take a little poll. yay or nay. yay if you think the explaination of anakins having no father in TPM stands and no further explaination is necessary. nay if you think theres more to it than meets the eye, whether you think sidious is his father, or someone else.

yerssot
probably GL will explain it a bit more, but he will only confuse everyone!

queeq
This is a SW forum here dudes. THis sounds more like something for the GDF.

I will say this though, bigsef. Saying the Bible is historically accurate and that archaeologists have proven that is actually up for a huge debate. THe current accepted view is that everything the Bible talks about BEFORE the reign of Rehaboam (around 900 BC) is pure myth, for one simple fact alone: lack of archaeological evidence....

Nevertheless, there are alternative ways of looking at it. But using the accepted dating methods by lineage, reign years and genealogies there never was a Jericho destroyed by Joshua. Here too is an alternative theory and it all evolves around DATING not so much in finding stuff. But this is not right the forum for it.

Get back on topic or this gets closed.

yerssot
if you saw bigs reply, he suggested that a mod would move this to GDF, so closing is NOT fair!

bigsef2
yeah, i suggested a change of forum several times if you were paying any attention. and if youll notice, we did in fact change our discussion. thanks though.

queeq
Well, we're close to 100. SO better start a new one in the GDF.

Dim
Yeah, besides..it's confusing to have a thread that starts off as a SW thead going on forever... better to start a seperate one to post on..

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.