none

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Janice Wyatt
Hi. I am new to this site so I really don't know much about waht goes on in here, but I am willing to give it a shot.I am a fan of anything Sci-Fi and the Matrix trilogy is one of my favorites. Does anyone out there get any kind of religious conotations to this movie? Some people see it as powerful religious meaning and I didn't get that from it, so I was wondering if anybody else did and why you think that way? I value all inputs and opinions. It isn't a matter of who's right or wrong. I just want to know what you think. Sincerely, Janice Wyatt

yerssot
have a blast

movie_freak
Welcome smile

badkittykitty
hello and welcome!!

Fitch
welcome ! Enjoy u'reself !

BOPRecruit 16
sup janice! enjoy your stay ^.~

dinoman
i can tell u all about any moives and any thing that hasent come out yet just give me a way to contact u online and the moives name

nazgulinthedark
hello!

Janice Wyatt
Hello to you all and thank you for welcoming me to this site.I am sure that this is going to be fun.But no one answered my question about the religous conotations of the Matrix and Christianity. Some of it I can understand, but like Morpheus as God. I don't get that. Some one I know likens Morpheus to God and I just don't see where he gets it from.If anyone was God in the Matrix then too me it would be the Oracle, even tho she was part of the system and not a "real" person. Reality is how you perceive it to be. Picasso said that everything you can imagine is real. How true that is. So lets talk about your ideas. I am sure that they are very interesting. Love, Janice

Vader
Zion is how some Jews refer to Israel ( a holy land ) and Neo could be the Messiah other than that I see no major religious things going on.

Captain REX
Hey JW! Enjoy your stay!

You should kinda take the chatter to the Matrix forum, if you want answers.

Storm
welcome and have lots of fun smile

grymlock
welcome and do have lot's of fun mate!!

cheers!!

thecutelioness
hello i'm me, i love movies

thecutelioness
ok, about the movie the matrix
first, in the first movie, when neo sells the disc to the gang of junkies (remember to follow the white rabbit) the guy buying the disc calls him his savior, my own personal Jesus Christ.
2. Trinity- this one is pretty blatent as in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
3. The Oracle- very reminicent of the Old Testament book of Judges
4. Zion- the last remaining human city, Zion- according to Judaism it was the first human city
5. he does die and is brought to life again (when he got shot in the very end of the movie, he died, then he comes to life again
6. Cypher- the guy who was a member of the crew of the Nebeccanezzer (sorry i misspelled it) (think like the apostles) betrayed the group to the machines the same as Judas did
7. The name of the ship that the were on was taken directly from the bible
The Matrix Reloaded
1. Most of the characters stay in their same roles
2. The Merovingian- here is an obscure reference, according to the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" the Merovingian line of French Kings were decended from the Daughter of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.
there were also some other overt references in the second one but most of them i can't remember because it's been so long, but when i watch it again, i'll get back to you on it

TheFilmProphet
Welcome to KMC! big grin

Mr Parker
you guys do realise this thread is like two months old right? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.