Things that you or most people didn't notice when you first saw X2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SK88728
Write about some thing you didn't notice the first time you saw X2. It can be a huge thing or it can me some simple/minor detail. And please point only one thing out per posting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DezW
Hank McCoy on the tv.... embarrasment

Eidolon
Yeah I missed Hank McCoy on the T.V. too, also I didn't notice you could see Nightcrawler in the back round shot of him in the jail cell with the kids before he teleported in.

DezW
hehehe

umm.. and Kurt's grey eyes in the White House. I didn't notice them first time...

Kes
blinkWhat?

Vampiree
huh? what grey eyes? what kurt? HUH? huh

Sesy Allerdyce
when ha attacked the president, he has grey eyes, like deathrike

Vampiree
oh.. well this thread and the lil' hints thread are pretty the same you know...

G.P
That's true. I noticed that two weeks ago watching the dvd. Just before Nightcrawler goes down to teleport the children, you see them talking to Storm : Nightcrawler is already there, in the background

Another thing I hadn't noticed the first time was B.Singer's appearance.

VallejoKid707
yup i saw nighty too

Paola
I didn't..... but the first time I saw it I noticed Hank, the phoenix figure and Gambit's name on the computer big grin

I didn't noticed Singer either

Alexiel023
yeah, on the computer when Msytique was on the computer, all the XMen names came up on the screen... I didn't notice it til now... and the pheniox under teh water in the end.... Strange... Hey Paola, love ur sig... sWeet

Yammer
kurt's eyes are that colour cuz he was under the influence of that potion of Stryker. And Deathstrike, her eyes change colour during the fight with Logan because the potion wore off.

Paola
thanx Alex!!! big grin Verauko made it for me..... and where were you???
Welcome Back!!!

shadowy_blue
I didn't notice that Colossus was in the museum scene.

http://www.colossalcudmore.com/media/x2/x2sc01.jpg

http://www.colossalcudmore.com/media/x2/x2st04.jpg

Paola
eek! me either!!!

could the girl next to Siryn possibly be Wolfsbane?? or she is human??

shadowy_blue
She's not Wolfsbane. Wolfsbane is the little girl in red behind Jean Grey at the second pic. The girl next to Siryn was one of the captured X-Kids. smile

Vampiree
which girl? huh

VallejoKid707
the little girl with ponytails?

Vampiree
ewie...

Paola
yeah the blond one in red, right?
and what about the blond guy with the Freddy Krueger embarrasment kind of shirt??

shadowy_blue
The little girl in red on the second pic with braided hair.

At least I think it's her because in the novelization, it mentioned that Rogue saved a certain mutant kid named Wolfsbane and another unnamed kid. And then we saw that exact same scene in the DVD though it was deleted. But that girl was one of the two girls. The other one is the Chinese-looking girl in the first pic in front of Colossus. Either of them would be Wolfsbane. smile

shadowy_blue
nah....I think he's just a made up character just to randomly walk around to add to the mutant students. cool

Vampiree
oh big grin nice o know shadowy big grin

Paola
thanx shadowy http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gif

Kes
Is that before or after the teleposting sound?
Cos if its before I havent noticed and its a mistake lol
I've only noticed him after the sound.

G.P
Before... yes erm

G.P
And 1 second later... Miracle he's coming !

Vampiree
uhm... and where is he?

Northstar's bf
When mysique was looking up files on strykers computer the real names of gambit, canonball, husk and many more wereon the screen

G.P

Vampiree
we know... wanda and pietro, magneto, gambit, cannonball, multiple, and so on, and so on...

Vampiree
gp: oh. hahaha! big grin i can see a shadow... but how did you know that's nightie? you're either genius or you were there big grin hehehe

G.P
That's must be the brightness of your screen, because it's clear that's him.confused

And yes I was there cool

Vampiree
big grin i think it's my screen big grin

G.P
smile...

Kes
Ah spooky! lol They shot in sequence but we can see him.Mistake big grin

Kes
Here are a few more mistakes from X2:

Continuity: When Mystique (as Dr. Jean Grey) tries making out with Wolverine, we see that the scars that Wolverine made in the first film are vertically across her stomach. But in X-Men, when Wolverine stabs Mystique with his claws, the marks (which later become scars) are horizontally across her stomach. (Time visible to members)

Continuity: In the shot where the guard is holding the tray at the metal detector to take it to Magneto the drink in the glass is brown, but when he is walking up the tunnel the drink is green.

Continuity: When Wolverine is tramping through the snow to Alkali Lake, you get a long shot of him looking at a wolf with the sides of his hair are styled so they're sticking up at least three inches. After he goes through the gate, his hair is totally flat.

Continuity: In the flashback of Wolverine running out of the Weapon X base he has his dog tag on, but it disappears as he runs out. Submitted by Piemanmoo

Other: This is on the DVD. When Storm and Nightcrawler rescue the children Storm shouts "Jubilee" but the subtitles have her name as being "Julie".

Continuity: In the end, when the President is visited by the X-Men, he receives a blue binder, which is laid in front of him on the table. When they have left, you see a shot including the President's desk, and you can see that the only thing he has on the table are some sheets of paper, stapled in the upper left corner, opened up. Then the shot changes to a close-up of the President, and then back again, and you see the blue binder in front of him, closed, and the papers have disappeared.

Elanor
Yessss, I've noticed the last one! *Elanor is proud of herself* big grin

shadowy_blue
If you're watching the scene in the DVD..you can see Nighty pretty clearly but it's rather dark in that shot, but still, I can see him. big grin Thanks! big grin

Gambit83
I think one thing they messed up on was in the first movie when Mystique transformed into Storm to trick Wolverine, he could smell it wasn't her, and stabbed her, but in X2 when Mystique walks into Wolverine's tent as Jean and starts to make out with him, how come he didn't know it was Mystique like he did in the first one? What the f**k?

G.P
Maybe she used the right scent this time... wink

Gambit83
shifty yeah, maybe that's it laughing

Vampiree
but misty can't change her scent, can she?

roguegambit
Or maybe he was too much in love with Jean to notice blink

Vampiree
maybe he just didn't WANT to notice big grin

Alexiel023
that may be the cause... I haven't noticed that much between the two, but there has been some questions towards whyself as in Why I haven't noticed....

Kes
Well he was in fighting mode in the 1st and in the 2nd he was thinking about Jean, then she walks into the tent...guy wasnt going to start smelling! lol
Or maybe Storm just used a very distinct perfume big grin

SK88728
yeah, i really dont think that to many people smell the person they're 'with'. and Logan was smelling everything in X1. And that was when Mystique was messing with everyone.

SK88728
One thing i didn't noticed the first time in X2, when the school was under attack that the first guy Logan killed. His claws actually pieced the fridge. One more thing, no one heard when that guy screamed or when any of the others did. Maybe it's just me. blink

shadowy_blue
Even if they heard him scream, no one will really care. They are all delirious in the mansion trying to escape (for the mutant part) and trying to get in (soldier's part)

However, if you're thinking, "no one heard him and no one woke up", well, they were all awake already in that particular moment because Siryn screamed first before the guy. smile

SK88728
oh, i forgtten about that little girl. how did that happen now?!?!?! I was not thinking. but it is a little hard thougth, correct me if i'm wrong, but the chopers did come already. before the scream. and yeah. laughing out loud

SK88728
Oh, one more thing i noticed that i can think of now is that Jean was wearing a picture of a Phoenix on the back her jacket. She was also wearing a necklace with a Phoenix on it. So you can really tell what X3 is going to be about.

X-WOMen
I didn't notice that the part when Magneto enters the "cerebro copy" after a while of talking he mixes up all the square and rectangle shapes in there. What was the point of that?

shadowy_blue
I think it was just "symbolic". No real literal reason 'coz it wouldn't really change how Cerebro operates anyway but I think it just shows that he is reversing Cerebro to target the humans. smile

shadowy_blue
In the book, he knew it was Mystique but deep inside he was really hoping that it was Jean. He wanted it to be Jean. He denied to himself that it was really Mystique even though his senses already tells him so. He was having an internal conflict. His desire for Jean got to him but when he felt Mystique's scars, he woke up from his trance and made up his mind that he wants the "real" Jean and not just a "copy."

At least that was what happened in X2 novelization. But the book and the movie are 98% exactly the same, so....yeah. That might explain it. wink

SK88728
So, in X3 mytique will probly not be able to pull anything off infront of Lady Deathstrike? Oh speaking of her, when she was fighting Scott, what the hell was she holding on to before she kicked him in hte face, because both her legs and arms were around him.

Kes
I think she was holding on to his neck.

Baradok
another odd thing about the movie is yes Scott and Wolvie have always had a rivalry but it wasnt about Jean there was no need for the most part as Wolverine had a woman.. her name was Mariko she was human and she was poisoned forgot by who and asked Wolverine to ease her pain with the claws... also does anyone think they will finally reveal Wolverines past that his name was James and he got the nickname after killing his brother whos name was "dog" logan if im not mistaken

juggernaut26
i didn't notice that jason was actually a mastermind (though he's like a major suped up version of mastermind)

shadowy_blue
I think we just have to wait for that on a Wolverine spin-off movie that FOX is planning to do. We can't see all of that in an X-Men movie for 2 hours and more. This is an ensemble movie after all, not just all about Wolverine. wink

Baradok
oh i agree im just wondering because they seem to be throwing so many things at these people who know nothing about X-men and i figured it wouldnt hurt to kill more brain cells, so i thought id throw that in... considering a lot of people i know dont know Wolverines true origin and past

SK88728
Sorry, but can we get back on the topic? Sorry, again. Dont mean to put my two cents in, but you have a really good thing going. Ya know what? Keep going. I guess Logan's pass could be a mistace. By the way, why does blood not stay on logans claws? i havent really seen any blood on them except for when he runs down the tunnel after the surgery.

Baradok
I'd have to say because after so long he grows a tollerance to the bleeding going from constant to being on the claws, to appearing on the hand between the nuckles to just staying in his fist where they belong.. thats just one idea

SK88728
Am I the only one who noticed the probly third time that after I watched X2 I noticed the Mytique gave Sryker the 'bird'? laughing out loud

shadowy_blue
LOL..yeah...I saw it too. laughing out loud

shadowy_blue
I think because it will be too graphically violent. Do you mean like when he killed the soldiers in the mansion there aren't any blood? Yeah, that might explain it. We're going on a PG-13 rating here.

I still can't understand though, The Lord of the Rings are also PG-13, but they can go as far as head decapitation and other stuff. But why can't the X-movies? mad sick

SK88728
Maybe they will relize the whole blood thing that they missed, and FIX IT for the next one. After all my money is on that X3 is about Phenix, so there will be a ton of blood, hopefully. Yuo know, jsut to intrest the watchers.

Gambit83
I don't know... I don't really care if they have alot of blood in it or not. I'm more interested in the whole movie itself, not the amount of blood in it

SK88728
Well, yeah the movie is the thing too, but blood could only help it more. angel

SK88728
OH! I KNOW SOMETHING THEY MESSED UP FROM THE COMIC TO THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their boobs arn't as big. mad happy rock shifty yes

SK88728
Who else is sad by this completely wrong doing?!

shadowy_blue
as a girl, *is speechless* LOL..

Nah..but seriously..I don't care about the breasts. laughing out loud stick out tongue

Baradok
after you mention it i guess the comic did have overly proportionate breasts and yes not very important but something i guess the mentally perverted would catch on to no offense

Elektrik_Storm
the moving of the things in cerebro is this - all of the squares = all of the people, some of the squares and in a certain order = either finding mutants or humans.
i haven't seen the dvd but apparently jubilee uses her powers in the museum! i love her and she was hardly in it at all. plus in the bar scene with the human misty acteress - thier is only one half filled beer glass - when she turns around there are 2 full glasses ? bizzare

Gambit83

SK88728
It would be freaky if all the girls had that big of breast. My friend, Melody, a girl, asked me why all of the comics had really big boobs. She thinks i know about the comics, i don't. It's more of the movies for me. Oh, and Electric Storm. Jubilee, she does use her powers, but i think it was not on purpose. The little electrical things were going threw her fingers. She is one of the coolest people in the movie i think too. rolling on floor laughing

izzygirlxp
Because then when ever bent down to grab something everytime they came up they'd bump their heads on a girls rack. *slaps PG-13 sticker on SK88728's head*

SK88728
PG-13 A.O.K for me. I'm old enogh to see those. And much higher ratings. eek!

Vampiree
sticks a 'g' sticker on izzy's and sk8's forehead just to remind them it's a damn 'g' rated forum! big grin

G.P
Back on topic please ! erm

Kes
yeh topic kids! And please G-rated!

SK88728
in the deleted scenes there is one where rogue helps these girls excape from the mansion when it's being attacked, she has only been there about two monthes and she knew where the secret passage was, but students that been there for who knows how long, didn't really figure out where it was.

Kes
The 2 girls she helps are already in the tunnel...al she says is run to the nearest house bla bla like Storm tought us.

SK88728
but how did rogue know where the tunnle was?

G.P
Yup this was shot to show that she was well integrated in the group/mansion/team/whatever, that she was given responsabilities, as she's one of the oldest kids (such as Bobby, Pyro, Colossus) .
But the other children do know where the passages are : they just didn't manage to open it, and so Colossus helped them.

SK88728
oh, cool. thanks. it confused me a little.

LanceWindu
Ok...a little error here.

In X-Men we see Kitty phase through the door after leaving the class the Professor is teaching, she has real short hair and looks to be 16-17 years old..

Then in X2 (which is only 3 months after X-Men) she has long hair and looks younger, maybe 14-15 years old.

Paola
maybe her movie powers are intangibility (sp) and deage big grin

LanceWindu
I highly doubt that.

Paola
Well... Pyro was blond and younger too

LanceWindu
Yeah, at least you never saw his face really in X-Men.

Paola
I personally like the first Shadowcat better....
and X2 Pyro looks more evil than the first one evil face

LanceWindu
Personally I thought that Pyro in X2 looked too wimpy.

And the only way I see Shadowcat is as a preppy Valley girl like in X-Men Evolution.

Paola
none of them are my favorite either..... and Pyro has never been an interesting character but his appearance in X2 and Evolution gave him a lot of fame

G.P
The actress who plays Shadowcat's part in X2 in was 17 at the time of the shooting. That's weird cos in hardly any American movie, adolescents are played by real adolescents. They always are at least one or two years older. erm

(btw please try not to stray from the subject)

Paola
she looks much younger than 17 confused
how old was the first Shadowcat?

G.P
The first one was...13/14 !! eek!

beastnpyro
i noticed the night crawler thingy too.... and its pretty obvious... his shadow and eyes were already with the kids before he even teleported...

beastnpyro
i also noticed that cyclops is sooo gay.... he fell asleep when deathstrike tapped his face with her foot... (that is like the gayest thing ive ever seen) he dint even get to fight....

Vampiree
BnP i thought i asked you NOT to use that word... sad how am i supposed to marry you if you say 'gay' about everything that moves!!! *cries*

Vampiree
sooo... back to the topic: does anyone have a pic of x1's shadowcat, cuz i completely can't remember her in the first movie, and i barely remember her in the second big grin

izzygirlxp
GRISH! I just watched my X2 DVD for the thousandth time and I still don't see the Pheonix in Jean's jacket or whatever. What scene is it in?

SK88728
Okay, in the very end of the x-men 2 movie. After Jean is hit by the water, and right after Xavier is talking to Logan and Scott. It the lake thing. Jean begins to talk about the human evolution. the camera begins to move and in the water a faint red thing is moving withe the view.

SK88728
the kitty thing. I thought kitty was a lot hotter in the first movie. and it was only about a month after the liberty island thing, how did kitty grow that much hair?! She grew like, 6 inches of hair?! how does that work?!

SK88728
i didn't notice till about the fith time i watched X2 that the girl in the musium with the ugly yellow shirt was the girl who screamed in the mansion. laughing out loud

BarmyBrummie
I know this is off topic but why has this forum moved and changed its name again? X men is a franchise, it should be in the franchise forums.

SK88728
huh? does it matter? i dont think it really does...

G.P

G.P
And a second one :

SK88728
now we need a X2 shadowcat

Paola
sad oh God!!!! you're so right!!!! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

Paola
X2 Shadowcat

Vampiree
thanks g.p.! thanks pao!! ewwwwwwww.... x2 shadowcat is ... awful... sick

Paola
X1 Shadowcat is not that sick

Vampiree
x1 shadowcat is cute... x2 is an ugly kid...

Paola
will they change her for X3?

Vampiree
i HOPE so.... ugh... sick

G.P
Yeah, I'm likely to play Shadowcat's part in the third movie...

Now please back on topic...

Vampiree
g.p. big grin

Bishop777
WOW! I honestly cannot believe you guys did not catch some of the more intriguing stuff of the movie... a.k.a. the computer screen when Mystique was studying on the prison layout. There obviously was Remy LeBeau and Eric Lensherr (Gambit and Magneto). But there was also Garrison Kane, Danielle Moonstar, two of the New Mutants. Kevin MacTaggert, the deceased son of Moira MacTaggert also known as the extremely powerful Proteus. The Guthrie(2) meaning Sam (Cannonball) and Paige (Husk) a New Mutant and a member of Generation X. Artie Maddocks and Jamie Madrox, a Morlock and a member of X-Factor and later X-Corps. And most importantly, Maximoff (2); which can only stand for Pietro and Wanda, the two children of Magneto otherwise known as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
There are two other names that I can see and I am pretty sure on of them is Sunfire, but I can't be sure.

Vampiree
we know that big grin it's been mentioned at least three times big grin

izzygirlxp
Oh well duh I saw the cucoon thingy underwater I mean the one with the Pheonix on her jacket and the neckless thingy.

BarmyBrummie
Ahhh vampiree, its lestat!

Vampiree
big grin wheeeee! it's from slayerchick big grin i love her! big grin *sigh!* gotta sing her on the loving list!!!

Dark_Psylocke
Did you noticed that Magneto opened the Cerebro chamber while Xavier was aiming mutants? And then when Scott tries to open it while he's aiming humans, Jean tells him: No! His mind is conected to Cerebro. Opening the door would kill him and everyone his mind is conected to"

Who is right?

roguegambit
Jean was right...
But I think it depends on how they opened/or wanted to open the door.
Mag could easily open it while Scott wanted to use his optic blast to open the door

Dark_Psylocke
So translation... means matter

VallejoKid707
garrison kane was part of weapon x not new mutants.

SK88728
well, actually she says, COULD kill everyone he is conected to. and is G.P. really X2 shadow cat. sorry, i am easily tricked. smart

Bishop777
You're right, VallejoKid. What I meant to say was that Kane was trained by Cable and was part of the Six Pack with Cable, Domino, and Grizzly. Can't remember the others right now.

SK88728
you know when Erik just killed the guard? we when he is making those ball things, he has a messed up smile. and i posted before about the guy screaming when he was killed by Logan, the girl wasn't screaming then to. so the others should have heard him.

Kes
Actually he stops cerebro before he opens the door.
The red lights disapear and the Prof says something like:"That's strange."

Kes
So what if the others hear him scream or not?!

Dark_Psylocke
In the scene where Laurio is in this pub and Mystique is playing Grace,notice the TV screen. It says Hank McCoy

SK88728
who is Hank McCoy?

VallejoKid707
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/jawdrop.gif
beast...

SK88728
ohhh! i was thinking of a reporter. lol. now that i think of it, i guess that was a stupid question. whistle

sunlit5
There are no such things as a stupid question. How else will you learn if you don't ask?

Sun

Darth Vicious
I noticed a couple of things i dont know if they were postd before, in X1 when Magneto and the Brotherhood first get Rogue, Magneto pretty much froze everyone(cops) in place holding the bloodin their bodies in place therefore rendering them still yet in X2 he didnt do the same to security guards watching him and also no matter how much his cell was madeout of plastic the computer that they were using wasnt hat far from him and for a powerful mutant as Magneto he shouldve ben able to sense the metal parts in it. In the jets chase Storm only created some mini tornadoes but if she had used and electric storm she would have rendered the jets useless faster and without killing anyone also the missiles were heat attracted which the only thing Pyro had to do was manipulate the fire in the engines to blow the missiles before they hit the plane!

G.P
Erm... No, he doesn't do that. The cops don't dare moving because they are threatened by their own (shot)guns controlled by Magneto.

Darth Vicious
Nope, he was controlling them in place because no matter how scared he wouldnt being able to hold still with a bullet pressed to his forehead!

Vampiree
nodda, he wasn't controlling them, this bullet could be pressed very lightly, as magneto did control it... the bullet, not the cop big grin

Darth Vicious
You guys might be right i guess im still thinking back to the "Fatal Attractions" saga in the comics were Maneto holded everyone still using the iron in their blood!

Vampiree
yeah, he did that in x2, but mistique 'added' a little iron to the cop's blood, so he could do that, am i right?

Paola
yes Vampiree you're right thumb up

Vampiree
big grin

darkphoenix
One thing I didnt noticed at first was all the names on the computer screen but also the icons on the computer (Muir Island, omega red, project wideawake and.. probably some others that i haven't seen) also, nightcrawler's eyes when he attack the president, it took me forever to see the grayish eyes....

Paola
I will have to see it again to see Nightcrawler's eyes no

SK88728
i would have never noticed the eyes if you guys didn't say anything

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>