Spike TV VGAs.....What the hell!?!??!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lag
What the hell was this. It wasn't an award show for video games, it was a variety show. mad I sat down to see my favorite video games win awards, not to see crappy bands and recording "artist" do their thing. mad Although I did enjoy the wrestling match, but that was sort of an exceptance speech for Smack Down. This thing was 2 hours long and it had maybe 30 minutes of video game related things.

Even though it was a crappy event there were highlights:
Game previews: Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Halo 2, Fable, Driver 3, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, The Sims 2, Grand Turismo 4.
Awards: Enter the Matrix: Best movie to game adaption, DOA Beach Volleyball: Best animation, Sould Calibur II: Most addictive, Splinter Cell: Best Hand-held, Knight of the Old Republic: I forget, True Crime: Best action game, Smack Down: Best fighting game,Ray Liota: Best actor in a videogame, Tony Hawk's Underground: Best sports game, Halo: Best PC game, Halo 2: Most anticipated game of the year.

This is all I remember add your thoughts and more awards.

JKozzy
Is it gona rerun? I wana c!

ragesRemorse
i watched five minutes of this, and the only five minutes i saw were half naked woman, and crude jokes. Yeah that was the positive part. Then i realized they needed half naked woman and crude humor to make up for a show with no substance. For a show being about video games. It diddnt seem to have to much relating to video games

The Force
ya the only thing that made the show really good, was the chics...

Walter Simard
I told myself before last Thursday's VGA that if GTA: Vice City didn't win for Best Game it was probably fixed.

Watching EA's commercials at fast-forward speed during the breaks only added to my suspicion. Besides the top category disappointment, alot of the winners I expected, including Best Performance by a Human, Ray Liotta in Vice City, and even though Bay City's coolest cat didn't win, I was glad to see Liotta was there in person to accept his award.

The host, David Spade had his moments, and the WWE wrestling was fun, but I didn't care for any of the live music.

Lag
My thoughts excactly. Oh I just remembered what Knights of the Old Republic won for. Best Fantasy Game.

mors823
Who else was in that catagory. In FF was in there and lost, I'm going to kill everyone.

At least Enter the Matrix won best game based on a movie. Happy Dance

Lag
I'm not sure but I think FF won for best online game. I didn't even know it was an online game. I'll have to check on that one to make sure.

mors823
FF 11 is an online game, but I don't think it won. Worst more was in the fantasy catagory. Correct me, but isn't Star Wars Jedi Aca. a scifi game, yet won?

DracotheDragon
I didnt see it, whens the rerun?

Jedi Shmedi
To be honest, I think The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King should have won Best Movie Based Game. But then again the movie hasn't been released in the US yet but still.

mors823
RotK vg is just a replay of the movie. ETM does more than just show the movie, it has it's own storyline, which makes it btter then other vg that are exactly like the movie.

ragesRemorse
vice city came out in 2003? i thought it was last year. Most of the games on this shitty show hadnt even been released yet, or were only out for about 2-3 months. that show had nothing to do with video games, if you think it did you were fooled

Lag
I don't think ROTK was up to win, ETM was up against Two Towers.

Yeah, I waited for like a month and made sure I had nothing to do that night to watch it and it had nothing to do with video games.

Did anybody catch G-foria? It was on G-4, the gamers channel, a while back. It didn't really have a set audience people were just walking around playing video games and other people were getting awards for it. That's how a video game awards show should be, not a variety show.

mors823
I want to watch G4, but my parents are too cheap to get digiat cable.

Lag
hahahaha Yeah the only time I get to see is when I go to my grandparents house. That show rules. They have shows about cheat codes and secrets and up-coming games and tournaments, it's just too good.

The Crab
Spike tv is for black and hispanic gangstas, white nerds, and is not for real gamers like me which are the asian ones. No offense to anyone but you americans are...

Note the Sarcasm

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by The Crab
Spike tv is for black and hispanic gangstas, white nerds, and is not for real gamers like me which are the asian ones. No offense to anyone but you americans are...

Racist. happy

Seriously, leave. This was an old dead thread (no one posted for 2 years) and you had to bump it just for racial slurs.

Reported.

The Crab
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Racist. happy

Seriously, leave. This was an old dead thread (no one posted for 2 years) and you had to bump it just for racial slurs.

Reported.

I didn't mean it lik ethat roll eyes (sarcastic) i meant the channel it's self spike tv are sterotyping people roll eyes (sarcastic) did you not see the sarcasm sheez

Ken Kenobi
Still, reported. stick out tongue For the comments and also bumping threads for no reason.

The Crab
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Still, reported. stick out tongue For the comments and also bumping threads for no reason.

confused you are wierd. Again stop trying to kill me.

Lana
Do not bump old threads like this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.