Who was hired for Aragorn Before Vigo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lushootseed
Does anyone know who was the actor who was originaly hired to play Aragorn but got fired after only one day?

sauron
lol yeah its in a thread around here somewhere, he looked awful as aragorn, looked slightly like david blaine

Ariadne
Stuart Townsend was the original Aragorn, but they replaced him with Viggo because he was too young. They fired him the day before filming started, and he was the only one to leave the project.

turin
wow i am glad that stewart wasnt kept on as aragorn. was it just because he looked too young or was there any other reason? i kind of got the feeling that perhaps he came in being a little high and mightyish if you get what i mean.

Ariadne
Yeah, I think I read that they said he wasn't working hard enough or something, but I'm not really sure.

octapushunter
i heard he stole some stuff from that girl that played frodo. like a watch or her purse or something. also he's one of those people that never bathes, so...... yeah....... you get the idea

BingaBonga
someone that wasn't hot enough to be aragorn.... wink

feanorlp
I think Viggo did a GREAT job as Aragorn and I can't imagine anyone else having done that part.

Aragorn#1
I agree yes

GABRIEL05
well feanorpl & Aragorn#1 hindsight is 20/20
Gossip gossip gossip hearsay gossip!

sauron
people always say that

' i couldnt imagine anyone else playing him'

if stuart had been aragorn, and you heard that they were priginallty going to cast viggo, you would say the same thing

nazgulinthedark
yes exactly

Ariadne
It's true that everyone would love whoever ended up played Aragorn, but I'm still really glad it was Viggo.

VengeanceGOD
Viggo does a kick-ass job. On the other hand, Stuart is a really good actor (and hotter than Viggo, I must say). So either way I would've been happy.

leaf_eater
frodo was played by a girl? i though that Wood was a guy....

BingaBonga
Depends, if you mean love him for being hot, i wouldn't have liked stuart townstead or however you spell his last name, and he did look too young to be an Aragorn, but anyway...

Viggo is the perfect Aragorn... Happy Dance

Aurora
The way that PJ tells it Stuart was too young. But in all of the articles I have read it was "creative differances" Either way I enjoy Viggo as Aragorn. He totally became Aragorn, and was way more committed than alot of actors would be. He is great as the role, and now that I have seen him as Aragorn I can't imagine anyone else as him. But if u would have ask me the same question three years ago I probally could have named someone else. Now Viggo is stuck forever as Aragorn.

surfingflame
I heard somewhere that daniel day-lewis was also an option for aragorn...

The Omega

TrixStar
Russell Crowe turned down the part of aragorn

BingaBonga
well, townstead was way too young to play aragorn, and anyway, he would have to wear a lot of make up to be aragorn....

KidRock
i think russel crow might have been good

Exa
Russel? I dont think he is the right type for Aragorn... I think Mortensen is quite perfect.

Verity
Besides, Townsend disaggreed with PJ on how Aragorn was supposed to be portrayed...I don't think it was wise to argue with PJ on how a character should be approached...stick out tongue Guess he had to be happy with LXG! wink

Ariadne
Viggo just has an Aragorn sort of air about him. There's not anything I would change about him.

soft0violin
How could anyone else ever play Aragorn?-gets all panicky-

BingaBonga
Okay, note to everyone, if your ever in a huge movie, NEVER disaggree with the director. wink

Hypernova
laughing out loud

I am glad Russell did NOT play Aragorn!!! (NO!!!! wacko )

I am very glad that Viggo played Aragorn... and that his son talked him into it stick out tongue

SKAliv
I can't see anyone else as Aragorn. Viggo is amazing, and no one could have done a better portrayal!

Lord_Andres
besides Viggo, Russell is the only one who could have playd Aragorn, just look at hes preformance in Gladiator, very good with the sword and all

ilvorlandobloom
Russel Crowe!? as Aragorn? wow, cant even imagine that.

Hania
Hugh Jackman would have been good. But Viggo was just awesome. I saw the Perfect Murder an couple of days ago( kinda late but yeah) he looked amazingly handsome. But yeah, after seeing a movie were the actor fits the character, and makes it come alive, you can't picture any other actor with the part. And no, Frodo wasn't played by a girl, and no Elijah Wood isn't a girl. He's one the finest of God's creations on this planet *starts day dreaming*

The Omega

sauron
thats what i keep saying, if russel had done it they would all be going "i cant imagine anyine but crowe as aragorn"

fini
gyad i WAS JUST GONNA say that

whoever got to play ARAGORN would have been perfect to us since there was no one else............so if townsend had done it we would not have been able to fathom the thought of someone else ( he did have the dark look down though and was toooo young for the role), Crowe would have been the one if he got the role ( and since he is from that region of the world he could have been chosen )...............
......but whoever played Aragorn would have had our love since we love that character ( well unless they messed up sooo bad that PJ threw him in a volcano)

Jude
Viggo is the best man for the role

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.