movies that you went to see thinking that it was going to suck, yet was amazing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
pirates of the carribean.

when i first saw the preview poster outside the theatre with the little skeleton stearing the ship in the rain, i was like, " thats gonna suck balls!" then i went to go see it and i was petrified at how good it was. i think that if i went into every movie thinking that its was going to suck, it come off as alot better of a movie in the end.

Pirate_Girly
lord of the rings..my friend and i were getting ready to see harry potter 1 *thats another story also!* and the previews were going on and she pointed out a preview of lord of the rings, and said that looks good i wanna see that. I said omg that looks so retarded i dont ever want to see that..Well guess what i ended up seeing it when it came out and loved it sooo much..Lol
2nd story: Harry Potter, basically said the same thing about it, and thought it was gonna be so gay with all that retarded fake magic and flying broom crap....I watch that movie every single week now lol! =D

So ya never know, u see a shi*** preview doesn't necessarily(sp) mean it will be crappy.

Kitoky
And Pirate Girly learned the hard way XD, I gave every movie a chance, like Pirates of the Caribbean, I didn't think that it'd be all that good since it's based on a ride. So I waited for the critics to judge it and I went to see it and it was totally awesome! The fight scene between Will and Jack was soooo Zoro wannabe!

I was skeptical about Harry Potter then I realized it was soo freakin' good which inspired me to read the books.

Lord of the Rings - I want to soo bad but I could see it because it's 'PG-13' just because there's some kissy stuff! Bleh, But i loved it, and still do.

Mirage
A few actually.

~LOTR
~POTC
~SOR

And a few i thought would be good but dissapointed me:

~HP

Curl_Up&Dye
bringin down the house...matrix revolutions

Darth Vicious
Harry Potter1,sincei never read the books or care to read them for that matter i didnt bother to watch it but then my son wanted to see it and damn this movie was pretty good and entertaining!

VengeanceGOD
The Harry Potter movies suck, but that's not the point in question.

The one movie I thought I was gonna hate and ended up really enjoying was The Perfect Storm. It wasn't amazing, but no where NEAR as bad as the previews made it look.

Lord Soth
Underworld. All of the bad press was starting to get to me, but I went to see it, and It was AWESOME

mindbugaling
A few actually.

~LOTR
~POTC
~SOR----------> what the heck is this?

Mirage
School of Rock

Tired Hiker
I totally thought the HULK was going to suck, but if was absolutely phenomenal.

Sugar Kane
I have to admit that like many others, for me it was POTC. I was horrified that my beloved JD- the indie king- was making a blockbuster...but like everyone else I loved it! It was one of the best pleasant suprises in recent years...great movie- good fun! big grin

Kes
Yeh me too. I didnt really want to see it...but my friends insisted and its pretty good.

bLooMiLiCioUs
i TOTALLY understand!!!!!i was HORRIFIED but DUH i still went to watch it -both hotness in one movie?!how cld i resist?so i was like,ok fine even if the movie sucks big time i'll still hv the eye candy to keep me occupied....
yeah..so POTC is one of them.

Lord Soth
It certainly was surprising that Johnny, who can only be described as a cult actor, decided to star in a huge movie. But, it was the same ol' Johnny, despite the blockbuster status he now has, and that's what makes PotC a great movie

JaehSkywalker
Star Wars 3... > well, I don't really remember the other SW movies, coz i watched it when i was just a kid, so i forgot how enjoyable they were... so i thought it sucked at first... but i actually enjoyed it, and now i'm a darn fanatic

Thorinn
I thought Where the Heart is, was going to suck, but it was surprisingly good.

T.M
I thought I was going to hate Catch Me If You Can... And I thought I was going to hate Chicago.. but I like both.

Wolfie
V for Vendetta
My Boss's Daughter
House of 1000 Corpses
Not Another Teen Movie
EDtv
Return of the Living Dead 3&4
Waiting...

I wouldn't say "amazing" for this list. But this is a list of movies I thought were gonna be really bad but I wounded up enjoying.

Impediment
The Terminal absolutely blew me away. I didn't think it would deliver as much as it did, but I was wrong. Another would have to be The Incredibles. This movie is in my Top 10 I love it so much. I thought that it would initially be a rip off of the Fantastic Four (super heroes, family, super genius villain with technology based powers) but I never in a million years expected a movie like this to totaly put me as awestruck.

Dusty
The Terminal
Serenity
Popeye
Catch me if you can

Jarshewa
serenity bitches

Jarshewa
ichi the killer biches

Mr Parker
why is this old dead thread back?

anyways the only one that comes to mind right now is GREAT BALLS OF FIRE.

Black Rob
I thought Constantine was going to be horrible because i really dont like Keanu Reeves and the movie had little in common with the comic,but it was actually a pretty good movie.

Wolfie
I expected The Terminal to be good but it was a lot better than I was expecting.

Tired Hiker
The English Patient
Finding Neverland
Freddy VS Jason
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (Tim Burton's Version)
Waiting (Possibly one of the best comedies of all time)
Fried Green Tomatoes
Kung Fu Hustle
Master And Commander
Broken Flowers
Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow
The Fisher King

EPIIIBITES
Moulin Rouge looked like it was gonna suck big time...I thought it was great...One of these movies people either love or hate.

...Dusty's sigs are the bomb.

WrathfulDwarf
Jason vs Freddy
There is something about Mary
Napoleon Dynamite
The Hills Have Eyes

C-Dic
"Halloween 3", but it wasn't by any means "amazing", and neither are a good percentage of people's experiences and the movies listed here, IMO.

You were surprised, yes? Not amazed.

BackFire
28 Days Later, Dog Soldiers, Audition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.