Are you proud to be american

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

worldindustries
Are you proud to be American?

dave123
i'm not american

Baylin
No but then I'm English which I'm very proud of!

MC Mike
Hey look! There's another one! big grin stick out tongue

Darth Revan
Hey!!! wtf I thought this was the thread I just posted in!! Raz where are you!!

lil bitchiness
Asleep...its half past 3 where he is!

el_barto
im not realy proud since we have bush as our president now

el_barto
but i like all our rights!

frootlooplucy
im proud that YOU'RE american.

I'm happy being an aussie though.

Tex
Not lately!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/war.gif

nazgulinthedark
i'm american, i like all our rights and stuff, but the people here are sooo evil, and then we got bush as pres. sad and the people here are soooo mean to the french, it's sad, just because they won't fight in an unjust war...sad

jacksparrow22
tex i agree with you http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/war.gif

....and we portray a negative stereotype of ourselves to other countries also

Tired Hiker
I'm proud to be an American Ninja!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/shuriken.gif But ninjas these days don't have very many rights in America, with the ban on throwing stars and throwing knives and all. sad

Evil Dead
#1. I'm proud to be an American.........nothing to do with any political issues.......soly because this is the land I was born on. My ancestors were here before there was such a thing as "America". This is the very same land no matter what people choose to call it today......and I am proud of this beautiful land I live on.

#2. Like Bush or not......he does have our best interests at heart. He is only doing what he thinks is best for our country. Yes, people are dying in Iraq. These people are SOLDIERS......they CHOSE their career, they were not drafted. The joined willingly. Their entire job is to die doing what their country asks them to if need be.......and they are. They are doing no more no less. All politics aside........dying is a big part of the profession these men and women chose. Agree with the war or not.....they are doing exactly what they signed up to do. I don't believe anybody who worked at the World Trade Center who was killed in the terrorist attacks knew that risk of death was part of their job description, the soldiers on the other hand do know and bravely accept it.

#3. Why is this war unjust naz? You act as if the U.S. is just some bully picking on Iraq. Do you recall Desert Shield? We had to go half way around the world to protect Kuwait because Saddam Hussein got a wild hair up his ass and decided he would invade Kuwait. Kuwait had done nothing to Iraq.......that my friend was an unjust action, set forth by an unjust government (Iraq). Iraq's former government is the bully.......every bully will eventually run into someone a little bigger and a little badder than they are.

Ridding Iraq from Hussein's regime was needed. Iraq had a pention for non-cooperation with the U.N. Iraq had a pention for wanting to invade smaller neighboring countries to plunder their resources. Iraq also refused to do it's part to stop global terrorism. This was spotlighted by 9-11 ofcourse but even before that many terrorist attacks have taken place all over the world and Iraq cared not. Iraq did not care if they had terrorist living in their country.........Iraq did not seek them out to put a stop to them. Hell, Iraq murdered it's own citizens by the thousands......Hussein didn't care if his own people lived or not, much less people of other countries.

I believe the whole weapons of mass destruction angle was complete nonsense. That was just an excuse used by our government.......an excuse to actually do what needed to be done anyway. I think they didn't need an excuse. I think Hussein's history of invasion, genocide and attempts at attaining nuclear weapons alone was reason enough to remove him from power. If you find this unjust, you are completely entitled to your opinion................would your opinion be different however if the U.S. didn't step in, Hussein continued to govern Iraq, your country was plagued by terrorism which could have been stopped by the Iraqi government but wasn't and one day your country is the target of Hussein's next invasion attempt......only this time he has nuclear missiles to aid him?

I'm going out on a limb here but I bet your opinion would be completely different. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

stinkfist462
i would be proud if it werent for bush......... but anyways i could be proud no matter whichc country thing i am.... as long as i got used to it...

burlyman
im proud to be american big grin

Matrix_man
me too roll eyes (sarcastic) but only cos im not american! stick out tongue

Northstar's bf
I am privleged to be an american but deffinitly not proud

yerssot
I'm very happy I'm not american, would immediatly change my nationality if I was, seeing the current times

Corlindel
I have shame of my government's support to american administration.
But I didn't lost my proud of been portuguese.

lil bitchiness
America is not the only country with rights and freedom and democrasy....allthough all those are an illusion...

Tex
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

yerssot
one of the few times I was proud of my nationality

-=Urot=-
I'm proud to be human..... Think about it.

LanceWindu
Eh, I'm privliged to be American as well, but lately I just want to move to another country.

Which I will as soon as I get the money.

yerssot
but that's because you have a special mission in new zealand wink

Fire
NEVER!

yerssot
well, luckily you're not an american

lil bitchiness
Americans have very bad name...confused

In many countries...

Tex
Which country?

Matrix_man
even in america huh

yerssot
not the americans, the american government

LanceWindu
New Zealand

LanceWindu
Oh...so true.

lil bitchiness
Not necesseraly...i mean, when you tell people 'american' they have this specific stereotype of a arrogant person...i dont mean EVERYONE thinks so, but most people do...

French, English, German...etc...i dont even wanna repeat what people from Pakistan and India think about them....confused

Tex
Auckland was voted one of the best cities to live in! raver

LanceWindu
When I move there I willl be 6 hours drive from Auckland.

yerssot
you forgot Belgium, lil bitchiness

latest poll is that 95% think Bush is an extreme big treat to world peace
probably the other 5% were american diplomats stick out tongue

Tex
Careful yers, its amazing how just 1 little letter changes the entire context of your statement! stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
heh!! Yeah...sorry Belgium too! big grin

Spanish as well....confused

yerssot
bjork wouldn't like that though wink

-=Urot=-
Most people from other countries dont hate americans. What they hate is america's foreign policy.

Most politicians (not all) are greedy bastards who dont really give a damn about the common man. All they see are dollar signs.

diegocala
I am very Proud...and good post Evil!

Fire
asnar is a bloody morron
and well the americans have their history against them

nazgulinthedark
haven't you ever listened to any of the press conferense things w/ the Pope? we have nothing to do in Iraq, america just likes to get into eveyone else's bisness after the second world war, I don't see any of our other alies exept britian over there. sorry if i potrayed america like that, it's just the military families at my school are so pethitic (excuse my spelling) they're not alowed to say the word "french" by they're parents, instead when they drive up to McDonalds, they ask for a large "freedom fry"

cermiestar
i'm pround to be british!

lil bitchiness
I was just watching a program about America and war....

In America, you have a plain...as an exibition that you are PROUD to say bombed people in Vietnam on Christmas eve...(that was the biggest bombing campaigne apperantly)..

How can you proud of that....sameful!

Matrix_man
yes

cermiestar
but napalm! horrible!

yerssot
my waffle! I didn't even saw Evil Dead's post messed

oh well, here it goes big grin

about the "just war":
of course it's unjust! in case you didn't notice, every country out there (well, besides the traditional lapdogs aka the 51st and 52d state) thinks the USA is the biggest adversary of world peace.
The only and sole reason you (well, I use you and not "american government, cause you type "we"wink went to Kuwait was for their oil, heck, before the war, you wouldn't even knew where to find it on a world map! At THAT time, Saddam went out of line with creating a war and indeed, he should have been court marshaled for the tribunale in Den Haag. Indeed, THAT was an unjust action, by a tyran which the US blew out of porpotion.

Now about THIS war on "terrorism" which is the funniest bullshit I ever heard.
There is no denying that when Bush entered the office your economics went down the drain (you can barely temper the numbers), what is better to let people stop talking about that? Quite easy, start a war, any war! it's a 'trick' they already knew in ancient Greece, and people still fall for it

why did you attack afghanistan? because of the World Trade Towers who mysteriously fell down due to the plane crashes? (but that's another theory) did they do something wrong? was your "objective" to destroy the taliban? no, not by a long shot, it was as pointed out the perfect way to start a war "on terrorism" to let people stop talking about the economics, you found that it was easier to hunt someone down who was already bullying you around: Osama Bin Laden, who never litterally said he was responsible for the attacks, he merely commented that they were great actions and such

why did you attack Iraq? what on earth did it do wrong now? yes, the first gulf war was a just case, but this is rediculous! marvelous! after attack a country that barely has roads and not even a handful of cars (non-army ones) you go bombarding a country that YOU have been tyranising for around a DECADE with all sorts of embargos which killed THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of people!
very nice going, just don't think that any sane person will ever think it's a just war!

(btw, it was operation Desert Storm, not Desert Shield)

burlyman
big grin

cermiestar
but i like it!

lil bitchiness
Well...im not British....but im happy for you all being proud of being British! big grin

cermiestar
aren't you in england?

dave123
what has england ever done that i should be proud of? well, apart from been my home thumb up you should all love it for that

lil bitchiness
I live here, but i dont originate from here!! big grin

Tired Hiker
I've talked to a lot of Muslim people who live in the USA, and to my surprise, they supported Bush's actions. Their perspective was that the people in their home country deal with so much death and struggle anyway, it is worth having the US go in there and stir things up to invoke any type of change whatsoever. But that was just coming from the mouths of people who once lived there. wink

little_man
I'm proud to be Canadianbig grinyes but if I were American.. I would be proud yes

Tired Hiker
You English people who don't like America are just bitter since we make better movies. smile

lil bitchiness
Yeah, damn, how did you figure us all out...roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
we get the movies anyway, so it dont matter smile

burlyman
Happy Dance

lil bitchiness
You go Funny Boy!! Happy Dance

jacksparrow22
sadly i think bush is going to win this election in 2004.....basically 51% of us love him 49% of us hate him.........

Fire
chill yerss, some of that info aint totaly correct either

lil bitchiness
Or maybe its gonna be fixed.... for him to winninja

jacksparrow22
just like in 2000.....in my opinion

dave123
i'm still waiting for TH to bring HULK into this, and how he's so proud to be with the country that made it

lil bitchiness
Same here....it was fixed....democrasy...pffft, just something that they tell everyone to stop them thinking they live in an imperialistisc country...same with England...

Matrix_man
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/usaflag.gifhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/whip.gif

NO....DOWN! DOWN I SAY!

Tired Hiker
Yeah ,yers. I thought the people who were responsible for 911 were proven to be linked to Al-Queda which is run by Bin Laden, right? confused

lil bitchiness
Very good MM, very good roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Indeed....9/11

burlyman
the whatever-year-it-was election was fixed stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Fixed!!!!!

Matrix_man
yeh..ok..so how could a 2000*C explosion that melted the concrete of the twin towers possibly leave the intact passports of both the terrorists pilot for identification?

also, the Bali bombers were identified by plastic identity cards that were found on them after they had died. kinda wierd when everything in a 5 foot radius was incinerated dont u think? plus, what kind of suicide bomber carries an identity card for gods sakes?

Tired Hiker
I totally agree! big grin laughing out loud laughing out loud big grin

dave123
if only sad

lil bitchiness
Dave?! You are funny boy...you cant be Hiker?! sad

burlyman
eureka! this gives my an idea...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/lightbulb.gif

dave123
maybe i can learn from the Wise One and become Funny Hiker confused teach me the ways of the TH!

lil bitchiness
DAMN YOU FUNNY BOY.....DAMN YOU!!! (funny boy is dave)

Tired Hiker
They were able to trace the terrorists steps as to how they set up 911. The FBI was already onto the whole plan for a terrorist attack, they just didn't know where or how the attack would take place. Also, there is evidence of the terrorists who took flight lessons in the US so they could learn how to steer the plane. A flight instructor was astonished when one of the men who was thought to be a pilot was in his class. He actually taught the guy how to steer the plane. The evidence is there, there are also witnesses from the airports and security cams that captured their images.

dave123
you're right, too much work to edit my sig..... meh, i cant be bothered

Matrix_man
i dunno TH.....it all fits together a little too well. and how do u explain the Bali identity cards?

lil bitchiness
Oh my god..i wanted to move and live in America..but i dont think i wanna now...UGH! i'll just stick with moving to london...or staying in Brighton...by the sea...

Tired Hiker
I'm not really familiar with the Bali cards thing, but I would imagine you'd need ID to get on a plane in the first place.

Matrix_man
move to london! (i live in london)

funny boy is dave...huh

Tired Hiker
Never base a reason for moving anywhere on a discussion that took place here. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

dave123
never heard a better reason not to live there! wait a minute, here's a better one: I live there aswell big grin

and yes, funny boy is dave thumb up none of you have titles, none that i can think of off the top of my head, anyway

burlyman
roll eyes (sarcastic) the awsome burlyman!

lil bitchiness
NO!! All i need is a bit of history to make up my mind...

besides, if i move to America....i might get fat confused

But im going to michigen next year or a year after to study for a year...American law....yey! no expression

jacksparrow22
damn i have to go because i just spilled yogurt on the keyboard..........sad dont miss me too much!

lil bitchiness
im only about an hour away from London! huh Im in Brighton...big grin
by the sea = surfers = eek!

Tired Hiker
Like all Americans are fat. roll eyes (sarcastic) Just don't change your diet, it's that simple. You can find every food you want in America and live any lifestyle you choose. smile

burlyman
swim in the sea there and you might choke on bits of the pier! eek!

burlyman
somebody wants lil as a biatch

yerssot
that info the feds found was kept "secret" cause it contained info that could when leaked out, form a danger roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
hmmm...true! But did you know that 60% of Americans are overweight....

Meh, i'll just take up a sport of some kind...or something tiring to do...

lil bitchiness
roll eyes (sarcastic) yeah...very good burly..

Tired Hiker
Oh yeah, I'm the best thing about America. big grin And Tex. For you, Lils, that would be enough to get you here I'm sure!!! wink

Tired Hiker
America is a vast land. That 60% live in Iowa and Ohio. You don't have to worry. laughing out loud

Matrix_man
laughing out loud tex....

lil bitchiness
Nah, i dont think so roll eyes (sarcastic) not enough to make me wanna stay....''smokin' id totally bang him'' but i would so not go to America just for that...

Matrix_man
i think tiring hiker might be rather appealing too....at least lil wouldnt get fat stick out tongue

burlyman

lil bitchiness
if you are getting at what i think you are getting at then laughing out loud hahaha!

Tired Hiker
I said ME and Tex, thank you very much.

Tired Hiker
I like MM's version of my name. It's snappy. smile

lil bitchiness
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gifim so sorry...

Yeah...you'd make me wanna stay....forever....big grin

burlyman

Tired Hiker
Oh, did you copyright that name Burls? Did you create it?

burlyman
wacko

Matrix_man
nope. he lies. stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
I invented the lazer guided pooper scooper!

nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud yes

lil bitchiness
Well..its true...confused

Meh, i will move to America (probably) at some stage...big grin

GABRIEL05
I'm proud to be an American but not in the traditional sense. I'm definetly not proud of some of the shit we do here and abroad.

The concept of freedom and all that jive is cool, but the execution of it has been a BEEOTCH.

Tired Hiker
It's amazing how when you turn off your tv and do your thing, it all seems so far away and impersonable.

GABRIEL05
word is bond tired hiker. I don't even watch tv anymore. Especially after that b*tch with no fingernails and an ugly nighty crawled out and killed my best friend
miffed:

Tired Hiker
Yowza, I work for Tv, so I have a dual struggLe to conTend with. i hatE TV, yet I LoVe my JoB!!!.

LanceWindu
Hate TV?

You traitor!

lil bitchiness
I dont have TV at college..just my room mate's in the kitchen which im sharing with 8 other people miffed And no cable!!

I miss TV! sad

Tired Hiker
Okay, I don't really hate tv in general, but I hate super corporate stations. My station is a really good local channel, but it is still NBC.

LanceWindu
I like the channels that aren't widely known.

Like Fuse and G4

Tired Hiker
God, I sound like an idiot. TV is giving me my job and I talk poo about it? What am I thinking. From now oN, I resPect and LoVe TV.

Tired Hiker
I like Boomerang and the Classic Rock Channel which is just music with no video, unless you count the floating title Artist CD Label list.

LanceWindu
I watch Boomerang sometimes.

Also I love Toon Disney.

Tired Hiker
Even Stevens Rocks.

Evil Dead
about the "just war":
of course it's unjust! in case you didn't notice, every country out there (well, besides the traditional lapdogs aka the 51st and 52d state) thinks the USA is the biggest adversary of world peace.
The only and sole reason you (well, I use you and not "american government, cause you type "we"wink went to Kuwait was for their oil, heck, before the war, you wouldn't even knew where to find it on a world map! At THAT time, Saddam went out of line with creating a war and indeed, he should have been court marshaled for the tribunale in Den Haag. Indeed, THAT was an unjust action, by a tyran which the US blew out of porpotion.

Now about THIS war on "terrorism" which is the funniest bullshit I ever heard.
There is no denying that when Bush entered the office your economics went down the drain (you can barely temper the numbers), what is better to let people stop talking about that? Quite easy, start a war, any war! it's a 'trick' they already knew in ancient Greece, and people still fall for it

why did you attack afghanistan? because of the World Trade Towers who mysteriously fell down due to the plane crashes? (but that's another theory) did they do something wrong? was your "objective" to destroy the taliban? no, not by a long shot, it was as pointed out the perfect way to start a war "on terrorism" to let people stop talking about the economics, you found that it was easier to hunt someone down who was already bullying you around: Osama Bin Laden, who never litterally said he was responsible for the attacks, he merely commented that they were great actions and such

why did you attack Iraq? what on earth did it do wrong now? yes, the first gulf war was a just case, but this is rediculous! marvelous! after attack a country that barely has roads and not even a handful of cars (non-army ones) you go bombarding a country that YOU have been tyranising for around a DECADE with all sorts of embargos which killed THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of people!
very nice going, just don't think that any sane person will ever think it's a just war!

(btw, it was operation Desert Storm, not Desert Shield)

#1. Your last statement made me laugh. Were you not around 10 years ago? We went to Kuwait under operation Desert Shield to protect Kuwait. Desert Shield lasted several months......when we actually began moving in on Iraq to push them out, we declared war. It was then changed to Operation Desert Storm. Desert Storm only lasted a week........it was the actual war. If you didn't live through it to remember it, atleast do a bit of research on the subject before correcting those of us who have. Ha.

#2. I'm not defending Bush. He is not a very good president. He has been bad for our economy (even though I prosper, I know many others don't). I even stated the whole Weapons of mass destruction angle they used to invade Iraq was a sham. It was merely an excuse, an excuse to do something however that should have been done long ago.

#3. Are you American? You seem to know very little. Osama Bin Laden has been on the U.S. 10 most wanted list for years before the 9/11 attack. He was wanted for several other attacks (including an earlier attempt at bombing the World Trade Center) against the U.S. What the hell are you talking about when you say there is no proof he was connected to 9/11 and so we shouldn't go after him? He was already public enemy number one for YEARS before the world trade center attack.

Now....about Afghanistan. They knew they were harboring terrorists. We asked them nicely to give them up. They politely declined. It was their choice. All they had to do is say, "yes...we know this ******* Bin Laden has been attacking your country for years. Here is where he lives" and point us to him. The Afghani government were accessories after the fact. They knew all the crimes the man had committed and still wanted to hide him out, protect him.

#4. As far as what the rest of the world thinks of the U.S.........I don't care, most Americans don't.

Germany.....okay, they have no right to talk about anyone at any time. Atleast us Americans havn't rounded up millions of people and killed them soly because of their ethnicity. I guess all those finger pointing Germans would just love to forget about their whole little nazi party debacle.

The U.K and Spain.....both were damn near as bad as the Germans. Both came to the Americas and slaughtered millions of natives so they could steal their land. Hell....atleast the Germans didn't erase the entire Hebrew race. I live here in America........do you know how many native Americans there are? Not many. I know probably 20 altogehter.....and about half of those are directly related to me. Boo hoo.....some Iraqi or Afghan civilians are dead. How about the millions of Native Americans the English and Spanish decided to kill simply because they did not share the same religious beliefs and they wanted their land.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

lil bitchiness
That wasnt very fair thing you said there.

''Boo hoo.....some Iraqi or Afghan civilians are dead. How about the millions of Native Americans the English and Spanish decided to kill simply because they did not share the same religious beliefs and they wanted their land.''

Basicly, by saing, so what if some Afganistani people are dead, you are supporting the statement you just said was wrong....about english and spanish killing Native Americans...

What about all Vietnamise people that died, that Americans killed? What about nuks dropped on Hiroshima and Nagassaki? What about People that are dying in Iraq and Afganistan, sorry, getting murdered? What about all of them!
Osama Bin Laden was MADE by America!! So was Taliban!
Tell me who gave the weapons to the Taliban to get rid of the Russians? America did!
Bush is finishing off what his father never managed to do...get rid of Hussein.
Oil!! Its all about the damn oil! Everyone knows it...you know it too!

yerssot
Yes, I was, and remembering names about military actions isn't a thing I fill my life with, perhaps I should have known this yes

I'm glad you wrote point 2, most of the americans do not want to accept this smile

to your point three... no, I praise myself lucky every day that I'm not.
Yeah, I know OBL was in the top 10 list, that 's not difficult to know.
Now take a stap back and tell me exactly WHY do you think that OBL did it! Did he ever said he did? no. The only thing that happened was that your government had a "clue" that it was him and started attacking afghanistan because they refused to say if he was in Afghanistan. They never said which "clue" it was nor with what it was backed up!

of course Afhganistan declined! they, as a lot of other countries, can't stand america and OBL is their symbol of trying to get a better life, one without the states that keep bugging them. But to understand that, you apperently can't be an american, cause as far as I know, not a single american got that point

And yeah, I already know that most of the americans don't care that 95% of the world think that your government is the biggest @$$ in the world.
You're really smallminded you know, you go and stab a country (germany) by an action A SINGLE MAN did in 1940 (well, and before that too, his rise to power and the WW 1), it's just incredibly stupid to keep telling that! if you go and do that to every country ... why does the US have the right to talk? you had slavery! you killed millions of indians! you still have the KKK! want me to continue? you think a country should be held responsible for what a government did 60 years ago?????

are you a native american? if not, better not continue to talk about the UK and Spain, cause the change is high one of your ancestors is ... that of being Irish I take wink you really are smallminded if you go all the way back in time THAT far to find SOME dirt on a country! plain rediculous!
and YES, it's a pain that the indians have suffered, but you showed your at least as hatefull as the UK and Spain you dislike if you say that you don't mind that the Iraqi and Afghan culture would be destroyed!

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing out loudlaughing out loud i just got what tex said!!!
well i'm poud being singaporean but i'm not happy being one.

blink all this talk....too much for my little brain....

Evil Dead
to your point three... no, I praise myself lucky every day that I'm not.
Yeah, I know OBL was in the top 10 list, that 's not difficult to know.
Now take a stap back and tell me exactly WHY do you think that OBL did it! Did he ever said he did? no. The only thing that happened was that your government had a "clue" that it was him and started attacking afghanistan because they refused to say if he was in Afghanistan. They never said which "clue" it was nor with what it was backed up!

If you read my post more carefully.......I said it didn't matter if Osama Bin Laden was involved in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or not. Let's assume he wasn't involved at all. He was already on our top 10 list for years before 2001.......for acts of terrorism against the U.S. Even if 9/11 had never happened we should be going out of our way to bring this dangerous man in. He doesn't attack military installations....that would take guts. He attacks innocent civilians for the sole purpose of killing as many as he can. You post as if Bin Laden's name was brought up after 9/11......no, it was around for 8 years before due to other terrorist attacks that he DID CLAIM THAT HE DID.

of course Afhganistan declined! they, as a lot of other countries, can't stand america and OBL is their symbol of trying to get a better life, one without the states that keep bugging them.

How is a mad man killing thousands of innocent people a symbol of hope? I can see if he were killing American military personell or government officials.......that might give hope to anti-American factions....but to bomb a tour bus in Egypt.......or bomb the WTC (yes, he admitted doing this...I believe it was in '93, may be wrong on date)......now how does that give hope to anybody? Okay, he kills a couple of plumbers and construction workers.........what's the point other than he just likes killing people?

And yeah, I already know that most of the americans don't care that 95% of the world think that your government is the biggest @$$ in the world.
You're really smallminded you know, you go and stab a country (germany) by an action A SINGLE MAN did in 1940 (well, and before that too, his rise to power and the WW 1), it's just incredibly stupid to keep telling that! if you go and do that to every country ... why does the US have the right to talk? you had slavery! you killed millions of indians! you still have the KKK! want me to continue? you think a country should be held responsible for what a government did 60 years ago?????

First of all, it wasn't a single man. It was the entire governmental party known as the Nazi party.

Secondly, it was not the Americans who slaughtered native Americans. It was British settlers and Spanish settlers. This began almost 300 years before there was such a country as U.S.A., there were only British and Spanish colonies. Same goes for slavery. It was started by the british before there even was a country known as the U.S.A. You need to crack open a history book now and again. Yes, the Americans did continue to the practice after we won our independence. It is nothing to be proud of.

It is not small minded at all to point out atrocities that other countries have committed in the past. Why should Germany reserve the right to blast Americans when they have just as much blood on their hands. Same goes for the British. Sure, America has had it's fair share of blood spill .......but no more and actually less than other countries. Hence my comment "Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house".
If you attack a country for something it is doing.......you'd better make sure you havn't done equal or worse in the past. This is called hypocracy.

are you a native american? if not, better not continue to talk about the UK and Spain, cause the change is

Gee......you catch on quick. I already posted that of the twenty or so full blooded native americans I know, half are directly related to me.

and for the record.......I never once said any culture should be destroyed. I simply said that America is justified in military actions against those countries who promote terrorism......terrorism against any country, not just the U.S. If some terrorist group decided they wanted to blow up Buckingham Palace and the British Parliment and another country like Iraq or Afghanistan offered to hide the terrorists, to help them evade capture.........I would find it just as acceptable for the U.K. to launch military strikes against these terrorist cohorts. There has been too much terrorism worldwide in the past 30 years and it's time for it to stop. It cannot be tolerated any longer. There have been terrorist actions in numerous countries from the U.S., to England, to Egypt, etc.......all must be stopped. If the Afghani government says "hey....haha, you guys are getting killed left and right....we're going to hide the people who's attacking you" then they are part of the terrorist actions and are equally as responsible.

What about all Vietnamise people that died, that Americans killed? What about nuks dropped on Hiroshima and Nagassaki? What about People that are dying in Iraq and Afganistan, sorry, getting murdered? What about all of them!

Bitchiness.......while good points, those were all acts of consentual wars. One can even make the argument that Afghanistan itself declared war when it was revealed that para-military factions were committing acts of War against the U.S. and the government supported them 100%. Anytime a government supports an act of war against another country.......that government should expect retaliation. No matter the country.

Osama Bin Laden was MADE by America!! So was Taliban!
Tell me who gave the weapons to the Taliban to get rid of the Russians? America did!
Bush is finishing off what his father never managed to do...get rid of Hussein.

Very good point..........hindsight is 20/20. We trained the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden to help them defend themselves against an occupying nation, Russia. Never did we dream that they would turn coat so quickly and turn traitor on the U.S.A. I guess that is what the U.S. gets for trying to help them defend themselves.........we give them training, we give them weapons, we even gave them unofficial manpower.......all to protect themselves. 13 years later they decide to throw all the trust we had given them away and attack the very people who helped them preserve their way of life.

"Oil!! Its all about the damn oil! Everyone knows it...you know it too"

Desert Shield/Desert Storm was all about Oil. We wanted to protect our interests in Kuwait.......and we did. We then left.

Why do you think it is about oil now? We have been in Iraq for a long time and have not taken over a single oil operation, nor have we tried. We are once again protecting our interests........this time our interest is protecting human civilian lives. We have gotten rid of the Ba'ath party.....now we are trying to put an IRAQI government into place. The U.S. isn't trying to put U.S. personell in charge.......they are putting an Iraqi government together so we can leave and let the Iraqis live the way they wish.

Why would we want Iraq's oil? We could have taken over Kuwait's oil over a decade ago and didn't. What on earth makes you think we want to do this to Iraq. Gererally speaking, with our military power......we could overtake any oil producing country we wanted, at any time. We simply don't.

by the way guys........Saddam Hussein killed more innocent Iraqi civilians in the last 10 years than the U.S. has killed in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. People are going to die either way. Sometimes it is the lesser of two evils. How many Iraqi lives have been lost in the past year and a half because of the U.S. compared to how many Iraqi lives would have been lost in the last year and a half at Hussein's hands? Hussein would kill thousands of innocent Iraqis at a time.....we have never done that. We have never killed 5,000+ in one fell swoop like Hussein did to HIS OWN Kurdish citizens in northern Iraq.

Bottom line........if a dictator kills his own innocent people without cause, he should not be in power. The situation is ofcourse worstened when sed dictator decides to invade other countries and kill their citizens too.

Cuba has a dictator........do we attack Cuba? No.....do you know why? He actually loves his people.......and a good portion love him. Castro does not kill his own people by the thousands. Sure....they don't have all the rights that we do here in the U.S. but Castro does give them the right to live, which is more than Saddam Hussein ever did for his people.

Every world power knew that a storm was brewing in Iraq and something had to be done about Hussein. America was the only nation to have the balls and step up and say, "hey....we'll do something about it"..........after we stepped forward numerous countries joined in to help, the U.K., Australia, etc............they all knew it had to be done, they just didn't think they could accomplish it themselves so they waited for the U.S. to lead the way.

N. Korea was building a nuclear weapons program. We havn't attacked them. Know why? They can sit down and handle a situation in a civil manner in which both sides give a little. There was no doing that with Hussein, so he is gone.......when he is found, he will be dead. He is no better than Adolf Hitler was. Adolf killed his own Jewish citizens........Saddam killed his own citizens.......some simply because they were Kurds. Adolf invaded Poland. Saddam invaded Kuwait. See a connection anywhere?

dave123
oooooooo, big post

bLooMiLiCioUs
very blink
*backs away*

Evil Dead
yea.....sorry about the big post guys........just had a lot of content to get out.......

for the record.........our president is an idiot. I admit that. I didn't vote for him. I won't vote for him next time around. I don't think he is actually the one who makes big decisions. I believe he is incapable of the thought processes to do so.

I do however support our actions in the mid-east..........if someone has a history of causing trouble, remove them so they cannot cause more trouble in the future. That simple.

Ushgarak
Political debate like this on contentious subjects is not allowed on these forums precisely because of the ill-feeling they generate.

Please do not start such debates as this again as they will only cause aggravation and unpleasantness.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.