The Peter Jackson messed up thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nazgulinthedark
stupid peter jackson, i was surfing around on thelordoftherings.net and i found a pic in a trailer of when the witch king is talking to gandalf, and (quoting from the book) "The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he hadkingly crown;and yet upon no head was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unsee there ccame a deadly laughter. 'Old fool!' he said. 'Old fool! this is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!' And with that he lifted high his sowrd and flames ran down the blade. "
during this, the witch king was ON A HORSE!!!! I know this because on page 113-114 it says "Upon a black shape, black-mantled, huge and threatening. A crown of steel he bore, but between rim and robe naught was there to see, save only a deadly gleam of eyes: the Lord of the Nazgul. To the air he had returned, summoning his stead ere te darkness failed, and nowhe wascome again, bringing ruin, turning hope to despair, and victory to death, A great black mace he weilded." Ok, now from that i know that the ringwraith is now in the air, and he wasn't before, and there for he was on a horse, and a page that i couldn't find, it syas coming from the east (mordor is in the east) that there was a horseman clothed in black.

AND PETER JACKSON HAD HIM ON A FREAKN FELL BEAST THING!!!!! AND NOT ON A HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is the picture!!
and pippin isn't sopposed to be there either!!!! mad

Ariadne
While I'm also a big book fanatic, I try not to drive myself crazy over the little things that I wish were different because things like Saruman and the Scouring of the Shire are a lot more important to the overall story.

nazgulinthedark
yes, but the ringwraiths are sooo much cooler on horses, the fell beasts take a away a degree of coolness

Ariadne
Yeah, the horses are cooler. Maybe cause they're more mysterious or something. The Fell Beasts are trying too hard.

Smodden
yeah, horses are beter! mad

That's what i'm Tolkien about!

lol haha that always cracks me up.

hmm...

nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud

BingaBonga
while i think that jackson should have done a lot more from the book, i think that it's perfectly okay on the...thing (blanked out for a moment) rather than a horse.

mah
Bah, complaints, complaints, complaints. What is important is that we have 2 (most likely 3) blood great films here.

BingaBonga
wahoo, only 11 days left to Rotk.... i can't wait. oh... Commercial for rotk!

Dejio
I agree with you totally.

This is a petty complaint. If you are gonna complain about the movie, there are a lot of bigger issues to tackle than this one. But having said that, I myself have no major complaints whatsoever. PJ did an awesome job. This is a freakin movie guys!! Everything has to be visually amazing. And the story has to be simpler to fit the 3-hour-attention-span of people; all in one sitting.

For all those who complains about the movie, remember, these are all interpretations after all. THE BOOK IS ALWAYS THE DEFINITE STORY. So stop bitchin' and just enjoy the movie for what it is. If you don't like it, maybe you'd prefer to watch Ralph Bakshi's animated take on this and play it over and over? (sarcasm) Hehehe.

nazgulinthedark
yeah but you're not the one thats obsessed with the ringwraiths are you?! mad

Aurora
I refuse to talk bad about the man who has not only brought to life the best book ever, but has also brought it to life well. He has done a wonderful job. I dare say no other director would have done better. He is not playing to the public, he is doing his best to stay true to Tolkien and the book and even tho things have been changed and omitted, he has perserved what matters.

It is true that I would love to see the Scouring of the Shire, or Eowyn and Faramir, or even ole' Tom. But PJ has not let me down yet. I love the films as they are and I trust PJ......

nazgulinthedark
doing his best to stay true to tolkein? he changes almost everything, what the ringwraiths ride, what people say, how people die....blah blah blah.
and what matters is that the ringwraiths ride on horses and not dragons!

LegolasIsMyMan
I agree totally with Aurora. You dont' see anyother Director step up to the plate. ANd i Love what he has done with it. I dont' think it is so easy to say exactly to the book. HE has done the best he could. And i think it's great.

Aurora
Just because a character says a line in a different place or a different time doesn't mean it ruins the story. PJ has all along said that this is an addaptation of LOTR. He is not reading the story to you, he is telling it to you. There is a big difference!

While in the book (for example) Gandalf might make a speech to Frodo in BagEnd and it make an emotional impact, in the movie it might be too much cramped into a small scene and so it is moved to Moria. It in fact is still the same speech, with the same meaning, and the same purpose.

While in our world of "observing" the book in a movie, we might say: "That is wrong." "That should not have been there" "Why wasn't that, this way." We have the advantage of not having to answer those questions. PJ has had to do what he must. Books are not films, and could never be. He has adapted a book to make a film.

sauron
i think they are cooler on horses, but with huge battles going on, your gonna want your ride to be big and powerful arent you, ???

Dejio
Good point. A dragon would be convinient in such a large scale war.

sauron
plus their horses died in fotr when arwen used the power of the elves to set the river on the nazgul, those horses are the only ones who would not be terified of the nazgul, plus even if they could ride other horses, where arw they going to come from, gondors really going to give mordor horses (sarcasm) and if mordor had other horses of its own, dont you think they would have orc cavalry, giving a clear advantage

nephalim27
How was the Witch King on a horse if 5 minutes later he was riding his winged creature?

GABRIEL05
He changed his burden beast

nazgulinthedark
in the book they had horses, THEY HAD HORSES I TELL YOU!!!! and (replying to someone else's comment) it'd be easier to put them on horses, because they are living, and actual creatures, instead of using computer special effects

(back to sauron's comment) in the two towers book, eomer told aragon, legolas, and gimli, that the ringwraiths stole thier horses from rohan, and only the black ones (duh) so they could just steall somemore

nephalim27
Yes but they take time to train, a horse for a Nazgul. I don't see why he would have a horse when he has his winged creature, which he uses immediately thereafter (and was apparently the source of the clouded sky somehow, as whe Eowen killed it the sun came out again). I'll have to check the book though, I don't know what it says exactly, these are just my feelings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.