Glassjaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
I love Glassjaw, i think they are very good...Worship and Tribute was a great album..

Im not normaly into emo/hardcore a lot, but there are few odd bands that i like...

Anyone likes them? Anyone doesnt?

loserib
i like them i also have wroship and tribute its a reall good record im just not into the whole straight edge thing ive seen them live and they have a good live show

lil bitchiness
I havent seen them live yet sad
hey canceld last two times i was ment to go, and it was way to far for me to go to Glasgow just to see them...

wicker_man
There 'Worship & Tribute' Album is pretty good although after hearing 'After All' for the first time they sound similar to Lost Prophets despite the Atlantic differences.

total metalhead
Glassjaw --> rock

loserib
ive seen them three times so far

lil bitchiness
Oh man....i need to check stuff out and see when they are playing in England...i love glassjaw..

loserib
i know the last time they played the uk they had to cancel do to the kead singers croans (sp) diesise

lil bitchiness
OMG thats horrible!! Poor Daryl sad

total metalhead
this thread cant die!!!

Ape Dos Mil and Tip Your Bartender rock!!!!!!!!!

lil bitchiness
rock yeah baby!!!

TM you do bomb!! big grin

total metalhead
happy aww we just seem to have the same taste in music big grin

loserib
ape dos mill is my fav too

total metalhead
i just spent the whole day listening to Worship and Tribute.i think i now know the lyrics from every single song off by heart now......man thats pretty sad big grin

lil bitchiness
No! Its awsome...ive been listening to it as well actually confused

rock

total metalhead
i really cant get Tip Your Bartender out of my head!!! wacko

lil bitchiness
Bringing this baby back!!!!!!!

Glassjaw kicks asssss!!

total metalhead
Damn right. I'd do anything to have a singing voice like Daryl's yes

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to listen to Mu Empire at such a ridiculously high volume it causes my brain to melt thumb up

lil bitchiness
You are so cool. I love your coolness!!

Daryl.....drool I think I shall get some Glassjaw on right now...i was listening to it last night at the time when i bumped this thread.

total metalhead
Holy heck you were listening to Glassjaw at 4 in the morning? Your a hardcore fan cool thumb up

Daryl is so freakin great. I saw one of their shows once and he leapt about the stage like a salmon screaming his head off, and when he sang Must've Run All Day I almost cried embarrasment

lil bitchiness
OMG!! cry Ive NEVER seen Glassjaw live!!!! I really want to....REALLY REALLY want to!!

total metalhead
You really really really should see them yes They're so loud and demented and powerful and involving and random and bouncy and.......Glassjawey. You gotta go see them yes yes yes

ElectricBugaloo
I saw them live, and it was horrible

It was probably because it was thier first show in months, but it was just NOT good.

Palumbo had to take breaks between songs because he was so winded, everyone was out of rhythm...bad times.

total metalhead
Well thats just your bad luck you caught them at a bad time. I saw them a couple of years ago when they played with Adema, Earshot and Alien Ant Farm. It was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to, and Glassjaw were amazing. I went to the show to see Adema and AAF, but Glassjaw blew them both off the stage. They were thrilling.

lil bitchiness
ElectricBugaloo> My first queston to you is, you have a link to 'Nazi moderated boards' in your sig and a link to KMC, I want to know, if we are Nazis, why are you still here posting?

As for Glassjaw, I will go and see them. Most deffinitivly, when i get a chance yes

loserib
ive seen them 3 times they are very good live metalhead i went to that tour with adema and earshot but i baled after like two songs from aaf

ElectricBugaloo
just because some of the mods are bitches doesn't mean the posters are.

total metalhead
Yeah they weren't all that. It was kinda weird really cos I travelled all the way to Cali to see Adema and AAF and neither of them were that great. Glassjaw were awesome and Earshot were good as well, and I'd barely heard anything by either of them when I first went. Do you know if Earshot's albums are any good? Cos I was thinking of picking up some of their stuff.

Df02
Glassjaw are good...... Emo is pretty good aswell. bet ull never hear an Industrial/Digital music lover say that again in ur life :P

Emo/Hardcore are good - Glassjaw, Hondo Maclean to name just 2 messed

and ive also started enjoying "Coheed and Cambria"

lil bitchiness
Try listening to Boy Sets Fire! They are amazing! thumb up

glassjaw are great at what they do, Im really into emo..i didnt used to be, but now its my main music direction.

Df02
heard em, they were ok...cant say they were nething special, soz

lil bitchiness
Its cool. Everyone to their own i guess. big grin

But i do love glassjaw! yes

Df02
im not an expert on Emo tbh, couldnt reel off a list of bands without slipping into other genre's.... my specialty is another genre hehe.

im not saying Boy sets fire are bad, just heard better ^^

ElectricBugaloo
how the hell can emo encompass total no talent ass clowns like Dashboard, then have ATDI and Glassjaw? totally different sounds...

total metalhead
I don't usually like emo, but I love Glassjaw and Boysetsfire are pretty good too (although After The Eulogy is way better than Tomorrow Come Today, and Release The Dogs was overplayed).

Emo is a really diverse genre, but there are way more shitty emo bands than there are good ones. Which is a shame cos emo music can be amazing if its done well.

Deathblow
I had to bring this thread back to post some lyrics from GJ's first album. I love these three in particular:

I use my slit wrist
To sign my name with blood,
And when you can't compete with the Jones's
Gun 'em all down
(Even the father).

So put another penny in and turn the crank until the frames cease to move...
And the movie turns into a photo...
A photo the size of a kiss,
I hope she knows.

I'll hold my child's head underwater.
If it's a boy, I was joking
If it's a daughter, I'll say I did what I did
because I had to...

so great yes

lil bitchiness
Im in such a glassjaw mood! Bumping this thrad droolio

Df02
well im actually in an emo mood aswelll......got TBS and Coheed on random embarrasment

Deathblow
Boysetsfire baby droolio

i've had Rookie on repeat for the last 15 minutes raver

lil bitchiness
OMG eek! Ive been listening to After The Eulogy!! damn that song is awesome!!

Im making a glassjaw siggy droolio

ElectricBugaloo
glassjaw sucked when i saw them live. royally. but i still like 'em

Deathblow
Really? Thats odd almost everyone I've talked to about GJ's shows said they weren't that hot, but when I saw them they were...magnificent. They completely blew the three major bands they were touring with off the stage.

lil bitchiness
http://www.santagore.com/review/glassjaw2002/glassjaw4.jpg

Deathblow
eek I have a sudden urge to have babies droolio

lil bitchiness
OMG, its the sweat!! droolio

http://hometown.aol.com/fireangel2369/images/dayrl.jpg

lil bitchiness
OMG hes sex on legs!

http://gjb.digital7.com/sex/press/tatjaw4.jpg

Deathblow
sweet merciful crap

thats hot embarrasment

lil bitchiness
droolio

http://gjb.digital7.com/sex/press/kerrangdecember20024.jpg

ElectricBugaloo
he's kinda hairy

not robin williams hairy, but hairy

lil bitchiness
Yeah, he is a little, but despite the hairiness, hes still ever so sexy! embarrasment

Silver Stardust
OMG I just downloaded "Ape Dos Mil" and I have to say...wow. I think I'm in love.

furryman
rock droolio love

lil bitchiness
mad Back off Daryl sister!!

Im just kidding!! hug Im glad you like them droolio love

Silver Stardust
hug

I just can't believe I've never heard of them before! love

Deathblow
and to think Ape Dos Mil is actually of the worst songs on W&T, and its still sexy as fluck droolio such a good album cry

Silver Stardust
Yes...I need to buy the actual CD...big grin love

lil bitchiness
There are 2 videos on the actual CD! yes

Cosmopolitan blood loss and ape dos mil yes

Silver Stardust
Awesome....big grin

Deathblow
or if you can't wait till you get the CD, check Daryl out in all his be-specticled glory here droolio

theres a clown too love

http://search.launch.yahoo.com/search/lsearch/video?p=Glassjaw

lil bitchiness
droolio daryl is a sex god!!

Cosmopolitan Bloodloss i also like, cos hes so sexy!

Right now im downloading a live performance of 'Piano' eek!

And right now im listening to ''Star Above my Bed'' and omg the ;ast 10 seconds of the song when daryl says ''i dont need to know'' omg!! his sexy voice droolio

lil bitchiness
All of you, buy 'Worship and Tribute' album....i comand you!

loserib
i allready own it

lil bitchiness
droolio good, thats what i like to hear!

Deathblow
In honor of my last two days at work in which I listened to Glassjaw literally non-stop, I decided to compile my official top 10 GJ songs yes

1. Two Tabs Of Mescaline
2. Radio Cambodia
3. Lovebites And Razorlines
4. Piano
5. Hurting And Shoving (She Should Have Let Me Sleep)
6. The Gillette Cavalcade Of Sports
7. Black Coffee
8. Siberian Kiss
9. Trailer Park Jesus
10. Pink Roses

And so it was written smart

lil bitchiness
I dont think i can pick my fave fave song to go to number one, but mine 10 favourite songs by Glassjaw are in NO paticular order

- Radio Cambodia
- Two Tabs Of Mescaline
- Trailer Park Jesus
- Siberian Kiss
- Star Above My Bed
- Last kiss
- Piano
- Lovebites And Razorlines
- Black Coffee

droolio Im sure i missed out few other that i absolutely lover, but these are off the top of my head!

elemenohpe
Hey,
If you dig Glassjaw, check out Head Automatica (Daryl's side-project which also features Dan The Automator). Their debut album, 'Decadence', will be released on August 17th and will be available via iTunes and other online retailers a full weak before it's release, on August 10th.
Rock it.

lil bitchiness
I made a thread about them, look down the page.

Yes, of course I've heard, im a faithfull Glassjaw/Daryl Palumbo fan!

stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
http://img52.exs.cx/img52/2088/flirt1.jpg bump.

Deathblow
I set my weird alarm clock CD player thingy to play Ry Ry's Song every morning at 6:30pm droolio

nothing like a healthy dose of Palumbo on toast to wake you up happy

lil bitchiness
I hear ya! droolio

Im working on getting a Glassjaw ring tone! Then i can be woken up by daryl's genious every morning! wub

Deathblow
I stayed up till like 3am once trying to make the core riff from Ape Dos Mil on the tone maker thingy. It sounds like the theme tune from the Smurfs droolio

And my huge GJ band poster came this morning, and Im currently in the process of tacking up above my bed, in Trent Reznor's old spot happy

lil bitchiness
I dont have the poster cry

I'll order one soon though flirt1

I still need a glassjaw ringtone cry

Deathblow
omg your such a thieving little thief eek!
that line from Radio Cambodia was in my sig like a couple of weeks agoschmoll Nil points for originality cry

I'm currently scouring the net for GJ tones. I'll browse till my eyes bleed if need be miffed

lil bitchiness
Oh please, you had only one line, i have the full thing schmoll

Besides, you didnt write the lyrics, Daryl did flirt1

And you have lyrics from 7 words...which happen to be on ADRENALINE! flirt1 biatch

Deathblow
Well excuuuuuuuse me disgust

And now I really don't believe it. Your new avvy is the same as my msn display pic no expression
Are you by any chance planning to change your screen name to Deathblow anytime soon? glare

Accept it b!tch!

lil bitchiness
no expression I havent even spoken to you on msn in a while and last time I have, that wasnt your avatar.

Besides, who made a glassjaw thread here? huh I had numerous avatars and sigs of glassjaw you had grad total of 3. If that.

Biatch

lil bitchiness
Oh and I changed my avatar eek!

Yeah right, like im dying to be associated with you sleepy

Deathblow
5 GJ sigs actually, and one Head Automatica sig. I'm pretty sure thats more than you. Not that i'm competing or anything no expression

That pic was my msn display pic during the 6 hour convo i had with you. And I use it very regularly, its the only Daryl pic I've got loaded on there.

I don't feel like arguing, I'm gonna go listen to Around The Fur happy

lil bitchiness
Its chaned now. And you think of yourself way too much if you think id have an avy because YOU had it.

I had more avatars glassjaw related than you, and yeah actually, i had way more glassjaw sigs than you, you missed about 2 weeks of regular changing.

Anyway dont polute my thread with your ego.

Df02
such petty arguing stick out tongue

Deathblow
Ok, this is getting weird. I wasn't trying to start an argument, and I really have no clue where all this stuff about 'my ego' came from. I don't have an ego, I would've thought you knew that by now. Besides, I was just messing with you, nothing I said in my posts above was serious, I thought I'd made that clear. I guess it was wrong.

So...I apologise for whatever it was I said that offended you confused

Df02
this glassjaw obsession fad reached a new peak lol? confused

lil bitchiness
I snapped, Im sorry, no need for apology from you.

lil bitchiness
cryflowerscry

Deathblow
apology h'accepted happy

omg it works!!! *waits for someone to call cellphone*cry
Ape Dos Mil polyphonicated type thing

lil bitchiness
OMG it sounds better!!

I'll d-load it. cry how much did you pay for it shockish

Kaleanae
I have never heard of Glassjaw until three days ago...
I downloaded some songs from itunes and I actually like them happy

Ronny
*bump* angel

Glassjaw love

It's just a tango.
But it's not easy to choke,
I walk around with my horns down now,
But it's not easy to know..

loserib
it says they broke up on their website

tabby999
they say that, but i bet their just hiding waiting to jump up and go "BOO MOTHER ****ERS" and scare you...or not

MornGlory
Merry Christmas xmastree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.