A matrix fan goes to RotK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega
Well, next week it's the press-show, and in less than two weeks time it's opening night for the long awaited "Return of the King", which marks the end of the "Lord of the Ring" triology.

As we all know, our friend Hugo Weaving (aka Smith, Smith AND Smith) stars as elf-lord Elrond.

When you go see the movie, promise me, that you do NOT finish every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson." big grin

The Trainman (Bruce Spence) appears as The Mouth of Sauron towards the end. I doubt we'll be able to recognize him behind his helmet, but do not start yelling "72 hours" and cackle manically either!!

Thank you for your corporation! wink

JediHDM
sad AAAWWWWWW!!! Omega, you just ruined all my fun!!! wink

Oh well, its not like you're gonna know if i DO or not... big grin

sum1butno1
C'mon woman! Is this really a worthwhile thread?!? If Noola or Ahnold started one like this, you'd close the damn thing in like 2 hours flat.

The Omega
No, I wouldn't. stick out tongue

JediHDM> How can you truly KNOW that I wouldn't? big grin

JediHDM
this is a thread for discussion, and we are discussing...and it has some pertinence to the Matrix...

The One Himself
I am not very happy saying that but he is completely right....My next thread will be: A Matrix Fan goes to Freddy vs Jason: Part 2.
embarrasment embarrasment sad

ElBiUs
i'm with you The One Himself. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/offtopic.gif

The Unknown
That would most likely be okay, as long as someone from the Matrix series stars in it and you discuss him/her being in it.

The One Himself
So can I discuss "Memento" here????

Mordecai
Memento was great.

And i can't wait to see Return of the King. big grin

The One Himself
>Mordecai: I agree: Memento is an amazing movie and I'm dying to see ROTK...But: This thread is off-topic.
wink smile

JKozzy
Actually, I was going to take my pig and have Elrond train it in the elvish ways... Hugo was the voice of one of the sheep dogs in Babe and Babe: Pig in the City! stick out tongue
Not sure the theater officials would go over with that idea though... whistle

The One Himself
Priscila's pig... laughing laughing

mors823
Omega, you're no fun. I'm going to find the theater where you're watching RotK and say those things. Just kidding. I would never disobey our beloved mod. I read your thread in the LotR forum and it was good.

Everyone else, Omega is our mod and she decides which threads remain open or get closed

JKozzy
We know. Thank you! smile

sum1butno1
Yes. Sorry Omega! You're a great mod! All hail the might Goderator!!! Happy Dance

mailedbypostman
Hail! Hail!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pray.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pray.gif *Does some more hailing*

ShOota
Yes, your really showing a good example to people who go totaly off topic with there posts on the matrix Forums...n1

ShOota
should this be i the General or Lord of the Rings Forums?

Closing..... Closed.......

^^^^omg tht was lame i felt like ones of those geeks then who do it on here.

The Unknown
ShOota, how exactly is this off-topic?

ShOota
cant u read. ill give u a clue, Lord of the rings?

The Unknown
Can't you read, even though it's LotR, it has Matrix actors, and she was mentioning stuff from the Matrix movies...

ShOota
Does anyone have that Pic of some clown saying "So last year"?

The Unknown
Lol, wow, you're replying by copying me...

Sifer
The Mouth of Sauron has been cut apparently and is being saved for the DVD.

The Unknown
OK...

sum1butno1
This post WAS evolving to a more on-topic discussion. Well, not exactly a discussion, but we were at least talking about other movies that Matrix actors were in. Ergo, Lord of the Rings was inevitably and irrevocably heavily involved in this thread.

mors823
This thread was more of an announcement than something that needed discussing. It is nice to see some of people's reactions, though.

Mordecai
You're all nuts. no expression

Sifer
Yeah, Dry Roasted - They're bloody nice, you should have some.

burlyman
laughing out loud

Mordecai
big grin ........Indeed i should. happy

Daedalus
But look at it now, its turned into a discussion about wether or not this thread has relevence to the Matrix and us discussing it therefore makes it a relevant thread.

I reckon those of you who are questioning wether or not this thread has any relevance are those among you who have been waiting for a chance to jump on Omega because she has closed one of your theads in the past.

Mordecai
Exactly.

Everyone has turned into a whiny *****. mad ........ sad

Gus The PI
First off, do you even KNOW that noola and ahnold are one and the same?! Ie ME?

And secondly, I RESENT WHAT YOU SAID!!! You know what, sometimes I get so sick of people whining about my posts! Alright, the "God" post was a little controversial, but I feel that for the most part I make reasonably intelligent questions or comments. And who gives a damn if I have 2, 3 or a hundred profiles? It's my choice, and I ask people not to make fun of me for it!!! mad mad mad

And you know what? I DON'T CARE IF ANY OF YOU CRITICISE ME FOR THIS POST!!! It's just a message forum, and I deserve some respect for my views, as does everyone. And, let's be honsest, many of you don't show a lot of respect toward others; and not just to newbies, but to anyone who says something a little unusual, like me

Case in point: I believe that this thread WOULD have been closed had I made it. I personally encourage more threads like this, but I also want some fairer treatment for all!!!

There

Gus The PI
Oh, and I have NOT been "waiting for a chance to jump on Omega" or anyone else; I like you guys, but sometimes I feel that you just don't give people the respect they deserve!

Korri
Omega....me going to see it too! eek!

JKozzy
And me!! I won't do any of those.... but I seriously was going to say "Mr. Anderson...." whenever my FAVORITE ACTOR came on-screenstick out tongue

The Omega

mors823
...One Smith to find them and in the darkness bind them.

The Unknown
In the world of the Matrix where the programs lie.

The One Himself
....In the land of Matrix where shadows lie.

The Unknown
Three Smiths for the Agents under the sky,
Seven for the Exiles in their halls of the Merovingian's lair,
Nine for Zionists doomed to die,
One for the Architect on his office chair
In the World of the Matrix where the Programs lie.
One Smith to rule them all, One Smith to find them
One Smith to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the World of the Matrix where the Programs lie.

mors823
Maybe we should use LotR quotes and turn them into Matrix lines and send them to th LotR forum. laughing out loud

JKozzy
I smell war... wink

MC Mike
I taste war... no expression

The One Himself
This is the Master-Smith, the One program to rule them all.
This is the Agent lost many years ago,
to the great weakening of its maker's power.
Now, The Deus ex Machina greatly desires to have it again,
- but he must NOT get it"

The Omega
Ah! No war with the LotR forum! big grin
But most of the Matrix/LotR spoofs this far has favoured LotR (such as that Elrond pic with shades). I wonder if we could make something the OTHER way around.

Gus The PI
Sigh, Omega has AGAIN overlooked a post that I believe people should read

mors823
...and that is what?

Gus The PI
That would be mine from page 2

mors823
I still don't see it.
War is not the answer, but acciedental strikes are ok stick out tongue

Gus The PI
That was what I said

mailedbypostman
Hmm....i guess it does need some obbservation.

sith_darth_jay

Captain REX
Ya know Gus, you could just have Raz change your original username to whatever you want without getting MORE profiles? Just a thought...

ELROND: Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson!

NEO: It ends tonight.

ELROND: I know it does! I have seen it! The Ring will be destroyed in the Cracks of Doom, and there is nothing you can do about it!

*NEO flies at high speeds to Mount Doom, the speed making a powerful wind that picks up all the armies of the Free World and tossing them in the ocean*

FRODO: Alright, I'll just toss this thing in here...

*NEO flies in and uses Kung Fu on Frodo and Sam, taking the Ring*

NEO: My...precious...

Gus The PI
Captain Rex, Raz has not been forthcoming about changing my profile.

Omega - I hope you reply to this soon. These issues need to be addressed

mailedbypostman
i see....

Captain REX
Issues? Hey, I'm a mod! Omega is taking care of it.

mailedbypostman
I taste war. it needs hot sauce.

Captain REX
And some cheese.

The Omega

Ahnold
Omega - First off, I realise that you {like everyone else} have a lot of work to do. I was NOT moaning that you hadn't replied yet; I simply wanted to make sure that you WOULD reply when you got the time.

Second of all, I am NOT arguing about whether this thread would have been closed if I had made it; I was using that statement to point out something that I feel is lacking from this forum - RESPECT

Sometimes, people make threads {not just me} that are closed, for what I feel are good reasons {after all, I do respect your decisions}. But what annoys me is that after clearly stating your strict policy regarding what is OT, you post a thread like this! I do not mind a thread like this being made {it's quite funny, actually} - I'm just pointing out the slight, but obvious hypocrisy that has arisen from the situation.

Also, and this is not specifically directed at you - sometimes I feel that views {again, not just my own} are criticised in an overly harsh manner. Let us not forget that this is a MESSAGE FORUM - there is simply no need for that kind of criticism, and {sometimes} rudeness. I'm simply trying to promote fair treatment for all - I don't think that's unreasonable.

And finally - you've seen me here for almost four months now - you know I'm not the kind to insult others, and that I only want what is best for everyone. But I do get annoyed sometimes with the way you answer me {and others} in a backhanded way. "I don't give a damn"? Really necessary? I think not

Here endeth the lesson

mailedbypostman
Good that that point has been made.........

LarryTheArch
only five more days 2 go til ROTK

Korri
excitement

clavis9495
yay thats just soo cool sleep

The Omega

burlyman
aahhhhhhhhh i just found out my locals doing a marathon.... but i know its gonna be sold out if not already

sith_darth_jay
laughing (i hope bloomilicious doesn't get mad at me)

mailedbypostman
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Ahnold
Woah woah woah woah WOAH - Omega, lets back things up for a moment. I think that my comments have been severely misinterpreted. Oh, and apologies for not replying earlier - stupid coursework...

I'm gonna take each of your points one by one. First off, I apologise for not addressing my comments to you directly - I thought that, considering you're the moderator of this forum, you would have read it anyway. But that was perhaps presumptuous of me - again, I'm sorry.

Second of all, if you re-read my post, I did not say this thread belonged in the OT thread; I simply thought that if someone else had made it, this would have been closed. But I do now see your point regarding it being inappropriate elsewhere; and PLEASE - certainly don't think I was calling you a liar concerning your comments! I just misunderstood is all...

However, I am still in disagreement over one point. While I can understand your frustration with people being rude and ignorant, I honestly don't think that the way you occasionally reply to people is necessary. While I can understand your POV, I have to say that, to the uninitiated, your comments do sometimes come off as condescending and rude {emphasis on the "uninitiated" part}. Don't you think that this point is important, if a friendly atmosphere is to be maintained here?

Re-reading this post, it seems that {as often seems to be the case} I am doing nothing but bitching {erm, pardon the french}. I'm not though!!! Honest!!! I like the way you do things, and I'm only trying to make friendly suggestions. It is entirely your choice whether to take them or not...

The Omega

Ahnold
Thanks for the reply Omega. I can totally see your point of view, and I'm sorry for not seeing it earlier.

Oh, and I'm going to see ROTK tomorrow; as Bart Simpson once said, I can't promise I'll try, but I can promise to try to try to not say "Mr. Andersonnnnnnnn" after each line of Elrond's... big grin

sum1butno1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/oops.gif Okay. Sorry guys. That comment I made really wrecked the thread.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/frusty.gif I had just been reading a bunch of Ahnold/Noola threads and people kept ripping them to shreds, so that popped into my head as an example. It wasn't meant to be any kind of personal insult. And sorry Omega. I'm just another "angsty teen-ager", didn't mean to ruin your thread.

But seriously, LotR is a great franchise, so let's get back to the topic! smile

Ahnold
Don't give it a second thought; if anything, it was I who took things one step too far. But I agree - let's get back to the topic at hand...

BackFire
"And we DID yell "MR. Anderson" at Elrond's first line..."

Wow, how clever and witty....I'm sure everyone would have laughed their asses off if you hadn't been drowned out by the noisy crowd.

Speaking of the crowd, I went to the midnight showing, and needless too say there were all sorts of wackos there dressed in armor and capes and shit. It was pretty funny at first, however, during the film alot of these idiots kept yelling stuff out really loud, so that I'd miss a line here and there. Everyone thinks their a comedian when they go to a movie like this, they just can't resist the urge to yell out a typical, mundain and completely unfunny "joke" (I use quotations because it's only a joke technically, since what they say is never funny). I just don't get it, I mean obviously they are attention whores,but People need to learn to shut their mouths at the movies and stop ruining it for the audience members who aren't complete morons.

The Omega
Backfire> (Yawns) Nothing to do in the Horror Section, again, hm?

Ever considered a bunch of people do something for THEIR OWN fun? We, morons, you know, us movie-nerds who dress up and cheer at the first showing of Neo/Trin/Morpheus to Frodo/Gandalf/Elrond(insert the rest) do so at opening nights as a tribute. The boring yuppies, who can't stand enthusiam should choose small en-vogue cinemas where it's forbidden to crunch on pop-corn yes

So go somewhere else with your constant crankiness, please.

The Omega
Oh, yes. A "witty", "wacko", "idiotic" moron-nerd-geek. Did I forget anything?(From last year, the rotk-opening pics aren'r ready yet.)

BackFire
I have no problem with dressing up, some of the costumes are damn cool, although there was this fella wearing a whole suit of armor, real armor....I couldn't believe that, musta been hella uncomfortable.

The problem I have is when they yell stuff at pivital moments in the film, when an important line is being uttered, thus making it impossible for everyone else to hear that line.

Why should I have to go to a small, crappy, second rate theater to see a movie, when it would make much more sense for these people to just be quiet during hte film, like you are supposed too. Especially during an important moment of dialogue that shouldn't be missed. Have some respect for the people around you for christs sake, and keep your generic and uncreative hollars and jokes to yourself. Or at least untill a moment without important dialogue. That really shouldn't be too much to ask.

Oh, and for your information, my crankiness exists on all forums, not just yours, there's no reason why the matrix forum should be an exception to my bitterness.

Korri
be nice for once BF!

The Omega

Osiris
O Yeah! Our moderator is a real MODerator

Korri
thumb up totally

BackFire
Just because I said they are wackos doesn't mean I have a problem with it, you have to be pretty nuts to wear a full suit of armor to a 3 1/2 hour movie anyways.

The Omega

hotsauce6548
off topic but o well

BackFire
Oh please, the people who dress up just do it as an easy way to show what "huge fans" they are of the movies, "look at me, I went to the trouble to wear a cape and some pointy shoes to a movie, that means I like the movie more then those of you with enough sense to be comfortable during the film". that's nonsense, just because someone dresses up for a movie doens't mean they're automatically a bigger fan of the movie then someone who doesn't dress up. It just means they are trying to show everyone around that their love the film is supperior then those who are dressed normally. It's just an easy way to gain credibility in the eyes of fools, who buy into that kind of crap.

The biggest fan of LOTR's I've ever met never dresses up, hell he doesn't even go see the movies opening day, he's logical and doesn't feel he has to prove himself to the other fans by going to a midnight showing or dressing up like a wizard. However, he's seen the movies numerous times, read the books numerous times and is more knowledgable about the films and the stories then any of the people who dress up for the movies I've talked too.

Too put it another way, They're simply attention whores.

Mordecai
Wearing a costume is no different then wearing a footy jumper of your favorite team, your just supporting the team not saying your a bigger fan.

roll eyes (sarcastic) ........sort of. no expression

BackFire
They're basically trying to insinuate that their love the films surpases those who don't dress up.

DARKVIRUS
Hey backfire is'nt your av and sig. a picture of you at the TCM:remake premiere?.....hehehe. stick out tongue

The Omega

BackFire
I don't see how wearing uncomfortable wool capes, and full body armor is fun while watching a 3 hour movie.

My constant bile brings out passionate responses from people who disagree with me (which is often), and allows for good arguments and debate, which in turn contributes to the liveliness of a forum.

realworlddreams
its the same as those who wear stormtrooper suits to star wars... they want to show their enthusiasm for the movies...while im posting...
BackFire>on the horror forum, u say one of ur rules is "no flaming" well, u seem to do quite a bit here...can we say "hypocrite"?
ROTK was a good movie, might even make me wanna read the books, however, i dont think u or anyone else, including me, gets to judge those who would wear costumes, because what people do is their choice, not urs, so u can think wutever u want, but u dont need to say it. (n dont pull that free speech crap, this is text from a keyboard)

BackFire
When I say no flaming, I mean no bashing other members (calling a particular member demeaning names directly, like stupid or idiot or moron, which I do not do here) Flaming movies is perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned. Also, I see no problem voicing my annoyance with people who yell things during a movie.

I'm not putting down any member in particular with my comments. I'm simply saying I think the people who yell out obnoxious comments while a movie is running are inconsiderate and bother me greatly. Whether they are wearing costumes or not.

Of course, I still believe most people who wear costumes do it soley for the attention, thus, in my eyes, making them attentions whores, but like I said, I have no problem with this if they simply stay quiet during pivital moments of the film, but from my experiences, the people who dress up are usually the ones who yell out nonsense during the film, which are usually followed by several sighs from the rest of the audience brought about by the pure stupidity of the comments yelled out. The people who dress up and stay quiet, they're fine by me, but their are few out there, so yes, I am generalizing, just remember when I say things like this, I do not mean every single person who dresses up is an obnoxious loud mouth, only most of them are.

Clockwork
BackFire > If you think something like this (which is only your opinion) :
They're basically trying to insinuate that their love the films surpases those who don't dress up.,
next time, try not to use it as an argument to make your point ?
in particular : I'm simply saying I think the people who yell out obnoxious comments while a movie is running are inconsiderate and bother me greatly.
Because the latter comment is completely understandable, (and I agree with you on that one), BUT it has nothing to do with fans (with maybe some wacko's between them)... dressing up to go see a movie, nothing at all. And again, who are you to say they are trying to insinuate to be better fans than the rest? That is very rude of you to say.

PS: And the ones who make obnoxious comments while a movie is running usually are not that great fans at all (in my experience), and certainly don't dress up. Because if you are a fan, you don't ruin a film, not for someone else and especially not for yourself!

The Omega

Korri
my mother is so evil too me sad

DARKVIRUS
Omega are you gonna ban me for my opinion?. Im am so sick and tired of your "holier than thou" attitude. I have been as nice as I possibly can and even towned myself down to be able to hear other ppl's opinion's on the matrix franchise as a whole and here you go asking me to defend myself on something as small as my signature.

Listen up here meg I am allowed to go into other forums here at killer movies so back off!. If you do not like my signature then that is YOUR problem NOT mine. Do you honestly think i am going to change my signature everytime I decide to post in the matrix section?.

You know I have even been complimented on my signature in other forums and NO-ONE has had a problem with it. You are a mod and here you are calling me an "attention whore", WTH is wrong with you STOP antagonising me and tell me what problem you have against the freedom I have to state my opinion?.

I thought you were a smart girl and you have truly shown what colors you wear omega. Leave me alone the only person who's antagonising anyone is you so back the hell off.

One question meg....you have seen me in the LOTR forum, im sure, and yet you have no problem with me anywhere you do not have cyber-power?.....hmmmm.

How's this for a new signature?:

"Tis a shame how even the most clever of ppl can be corrupted by their own ego."
-DARKVIRUS

BackFire
"Everyone> Freedom of speech (or writing) does NOT exist around here. It's the most abused freedom of them all in the Western World, and pulled out of the hat by people who KNOW - very well - that they're abusing said freedom.
This is a forum for discussions. A good discussion actually follows a certain set of rules (search for "Good argumentation technique on google if you like), just like a game has rules. It's the rules which DEFINE the game. Without them, no game. If you cannot play - or discuss - by the rules you can't play."

Christ, you're acting like I'm trying to start up racial hate parade or something, step back and realize, I'm simply putting down a movie, and saying people who yell stuff out are annoying, and people who dress up in capes and costumes to go see a movie do it for attention, simple as that. I hate to break this too you, but the matrix films are not special, they can be put down just as much as other films, stop acting like it's blastfamy to put down a movie you like.

Anywho, this thread has gone way off topic, might be best to be closed.

the whole dark virus thing is silly, his sig is perfectly acceptable. once again if fans of the movies he's putting down can't deal with it, then that is their own problem. he in no way should feel responsible for their lack of logic in remembering that some freedom of speech does exist around here, and putting down movies is.

I love your sig virus, do not change it.

realworlddreams
BackFire, the point is that we dont want to hear our movies being put down after we put them in such high regards...

I respect ur opinion to not like the movies, or the people that dress up like characters for movies, but i dont need to see that every time i come to this forum...

i agree that u r keeping this forum alive, however its become a chore for some to come here and read ur gripes about everything u dont like...
maybe u should try to be **gasp** positive for a change? maybe jus till like new years? (hopefully ur Chinese and that'll be till Feb...j/k)
It's aight for u to be negative, jus like this forum is to stupid noobs, but ur not a noob, ur a mod on a horror forum, so act w/some level of dignity, i dont get y u try to get peope to hate u so much.

oh yeah, n merry Christmas to all.

BackFire
My last post was very posotive, I said I loved DarkVirus's sig.

Sorry if I'm not posotive or open minded enough for you, but I'm sarcastic and cynical by nature, you don't like it, tough shit, that's how I am, just don't read my posts.

You'll eventually learn how to ignore people who's posts you dislike, it becomes second nature after a while at this site. You can even put me on your ignore list if you wan't, so my threads don't even show up for you.

Either way, it makes no difference to me.

DARKVIRUS
Thank you very much Backfire I really appreciate it. I have no intentions of changing my sig. at all.

I dont think I have ever read a better post than the one I quoted from backfire.

Simply brilliant!..it get's better though

My god! excellent!. I am not saying this b/c of what backfire said about me I am saying it because in three sentences backfire got right to the point. Not everyone is alike and some of us are more like what backfire is like. You should take that into account when dealing with so many different ppl.

Ushgarak
Good Lord, how off-topic and irrelevant can we get? Can we cut this out now? And furthermore, can we stop having people who make long winding posts and THEN say that this is off-topic and can we move on? If you truly think that, do not make a comment on the subject. Just rise above it and move on.

This argument is serving no-one and is simply aggravating people all over. I have to be clear here, if this topic does not go back to its original intent from this moment on then it will certainly be closed, and I don't want this post to be followed by comments on the argument that just happened. If you feel a desperate need to state and re-state your case, do it in private.

And DV, despite your protestations to the contrary, your attitude still needs turning down a notch. And as ever, if you have complaints about a mod, make them in private, not public. In the threads, you defer to the mod and that is the end of it.

Osiris
You were right Ush. You were always right. It was inevitable. big grin

DARKVIRUS
pfft..
*brushes shoulder off*

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.