jerks who think that powers is everything

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batmanrules
okay, im just getting a little pissed off at ppl who think that powers is everything. u ppl are acting like human abilities are limited to the strength and mind of a 8 year old girl. its almost impossible to reach human limits, there for superheros can only keep getting better at what they do. its not about powers, its about being able to survive the work that they do. batman for example or ironman. im going to ask one thing about these supeheros, why are they still alive? because they are superheros! they cant strap on a few things and go out and fight crime. they know that they have to become become better then the rest. they fight who they fight, and come out on top, because they are among the best of what they do. u cant just compare these superpowers to all the superheros without powers, based on the powers. if your to do that then why not kill of the action heros in theyre movies? instead we should compare them to who is better at what they do. the fact stands that no other human stands a chance against these superheros and these superheros stand a chance against extreamly powerful supervillians.

I dont expect responses, im just pointing out something thats been really pissing me off.

Eidolon
Not to go against what your saying, I agree, but let us not forget that Bats and Ironman are both heros so that is why they don't die, kinda the bad guy is always a "crappy shot" or "wants to say one last thing before killing the guy" which gives the guy a chance to win, or instead of just capping the guy he wants to attach him to some elaborate device and leave counting on that to kill the guy.

If there really was a Batman, same skills as in the comics and all, realistically he'd have been killed by now from bad guys or his secret identity reveiled by the police. "Heros don't always win in real life" which is why people consider power as everything cause if your the Hulk or someone you'd go much farther in the Hero buisness in real life than Batman (not to say Batman isn't cool)

ab012f9448
Well put Eidolon

boxofdeath
do we understand the concept of fictional characters? if i wanted to make a character with no arms, no legs, and no powers and who single handedly saved the world from invading space aliens, i could, b/c its fictional. fictional characters. not real. just something thats been bugging me

Daywalker
Well if you want to go there, we have super powered beings that should have been dead a long time ago too. I must admit that I tire of hearing the same thing too like "he's stronger so he'll win" how 1 dimensional is that?

But let's keep it in the fictional world because I can pick out flaws that would make almost every super hero/villain unpractical. All villains have bad aim whether it's comics,hollywood or whatever. We all know that there's a curve for heroes. I mean why doesn't somebody just shoot Superman with some kryptonite shrapnel and get it over with ya know? See? In alot of instances, even the heroes with powers should have been dead a long time ago.

Personally, I prefer the realism of Batman over flying, superspeed or phasing through walls.

ab012f9448
If batman had super powers what d'ya reckon they'd be? Maybe the DC guys could mutate him then this discussion about human crime fighters would be over.

Daywalker
I think the reason we Batfans choose Batman is because he has no powers and represents realism and the potential of the ordinary man.

I do have an elseworld comic that I like where the kryptonian shuttle lands in Gotham City and the Waynes rais the child as Bruce Wayne. Needless to say it was like Batman with all of Superman's powers..........or Kal-El raised to be Batman/Bruce Wayne, however you want to look at it. Neddles to say, it was a very wicked comic but I prefer my 100% human/no powers Batman cool

Daywalker
Here's a wicked pic of Kal-El/Bruce Wayne experiencing his powers while in the batcave

Spawnie
What was its name? That Batman Wolverine character. Looked like Batsie and wolvie fused together.

Eidolon
I get what your saying Daywalker, but what I ment is that Batman can be killed by conventioal means bullets, hard blow to the head, poision ect... (which makes him infinently cooler than Supes) but hero's like Supes with made up powers/enhancements generally require made up powers or weapons to really kill them (I know there are some flaws in which conventioal means would do the same).

Think of it this way Bats fights mostly gangsters and the such right, and since Bats human he fights humans and can be killed by humans. Super man on the other hand is pertty much invinciable so fighting regular Burgluaries makes it boring, so he ends up fight super villians (which would never exist like Superman) with super weapons.

End result people see the need for super weapons or powers to take out people with super powers so they get the idea that super powers are all that matter, which they don't.

As for what if Bats had super powers, I think they'd have to be realated somehow to Bat like abilities like Sonar radar hearing (like Dare Devil)

Daywalker
Dark Claw

I have a photo for everything big grin

Daywalker
I gotcha.

Sometimes the superpowered beings bore me but I love episodes where they're handicapped in some way (lose their powers) and have to think their way out of a situation like when Parasite drained Supes of his powers and he was forced to outwit him to win. I do love resourcefulness of a hero with no powers

batmanrules
batman doesnt always fight humans, killercrock isnt much of a human, atleast anymore. Banes venom power goes beyond human strength, ra's al ghul is invincable and along side the justice league hes always fighting crazy wierd stuff, the key, white martians, the star conqueror, the general etc.

Eidolon
I'm not saying Bats doesn't fight super villians I'm just responding to your question as to why people seem to think power is every thing (which I agree is not). And one reason people think of power as everything is cause example: Bats generally fights normal strength people (not always but more so than let say Supes) and can be killed by normal people easily (meaning anyone could shoot a gun which results in Bat dying). Supes on the other hand requiers more than a average gun/ammo to kill him giving people the impression power is everything.

Eidolon
Yeah I like heros like Bat's more than really powerful heros like Supes too. If they do have super powers I like them not to be overly powerful.

Daywalker
Agreed, that's why I like Blade too, he's not too powerful but has a few tricks here and there.

Linkalicious
each one of these guys has terrible character flaws. Killercrock is warm blooded so he can't stand cold temperatures. His animal instincts make him more animal than man. Bane actually broke Batman over his knee and a replacement bat with a mechnical suit was needed to take his revenge (in the TV show Bats makes Bane OD on super soldier serume) Ra's al ghul is not what i call invincible, he's more immortal. And if Batman kicks him...it hurts, he just has the ability to restore himself. Try matchin up Batman vs. the Hulk or worst Batman vs. Silver Surfer. Those are 2 guys with legitmate super powers and using those powers, they would anniliate Batsy. I know you got a cross over comic stating other wise Daywalker, but that kick to the solar plexus from Batman on Hulk really wouldn't even phase Hulk if he's the guy who can take a tank shell to the chest and still live. And Silver Surfer could just fly straight through Batman turning him into a human fly on a windshiled.

And i got that Speeding Bullets comic...it's one bad mother.

Hypester
heh...

It'd be funny if Batman had like super-shadow control or something and could form batarang weapons and grapple lines with solid darkness and of course, he should be able to glide with it and use it as sonar... that'd be one supery batman... I did something like that once... switched origins around... Batman had the shadow force, Flash was from the mystical island of Hermesia, Wonder Woman had powerful alien armbands, Green Lantern from an alien planet and Superman was the epitome of human achievement (it's a long story)

The fun about Batman VS threads, for me, is trying to imagine how Batman COULD beat Hulk... of course it's not likely, but Batman THRIVES on not likely, so it doesn't really matter how invulnerable Hulk is, if it's POSSIBLE, then Batman can do it.

So I see a VS thread, read and think for a minute, like I imagine Batma would do (whether in a cave or dodging fists) how do I drop this thing, I can't kick it, so that's out now. It doesn't take damage of any sort shock, chemicals, whatever, or if it does take damage from whatever lethal madness I have, it keeps coming.

Fine, distract it, send it after something, drag it into space, feed it, take the thousand other roads that can avoid the ineveitable conclusion: the levelling of gotham city.

Now, it's true, Batman loses a lot if you put him in a small room with all-powerful opponents, but what's the fun in that?

Batman vs Silver Surfer? No, Silver Surfer is relatively all-powerful... he has NO weaknesses, unless Batman somehow figures out how to summon galactus and plays the two off of each other (something that I don't really think CAN be done without having some leverage on Galactus (like having met him before) ).

ab012f9448
Hey Daywalker, how did that dark claw character happen anyway?

Daywalker
Ok, you have some very valid points but I didn't make that comic, I just read it. I still think Bats could think of a way to defeat the Hulk afterall, General Ross can.

The Surfer? that's a tough one but in such a confrtntation, Batman would probably have to find a way to strip him of his powers or something and if there's a way, Bats could find it. Ras isn't invincible, the only thing about him is he's a man of wisdom, strategy and immortality. That's the only reason I like to see him battle Batman, because its a fight on a totally different level.

Speeding Bullets is a hot comic. Batman with powers and alittle more unforgiving than usual? Gotta love it

Daywalker
Hypester, I like the way you think cool

Daywalker
Well, it was a big Marvel/DC universe face off where the top heroes from each universe had to fight to save their universe.

Bats vs Captain America,Wolverine vs Lobo,Storm vs Wonder Woman, Superman Vs Hulk and a few more. Both universes won an even amount of fights so the gods(can't remember their names) decided to merge the two universes together. The comics were called Amalgam comics.

There were alot of clever combos and Dark Claw (Wolvie and Bats) was one of the more popular characters.

In the pic below, Robin is merged with Jubilee becoming Sparrow

Linkalicious
i'm sorry i'm thinking very narrow right now. I was thinking if they fought in like an arena or tourney. If bats could find his batwing or bat mobile he could probably go get a nuke and blast the crap outta Hulk. Silver Surfer...i still think that's too tough for Bats alone, but hey everyone has to have a limit. And that's where the Justice League comes in to help their Batty friend.

Eidolon
getting little off the "why do people think powers everything" topic and into a "Bats vs ______ topic." But thats okay this is fairly interesting.

Daywalker
I've seen the Thing Knock SS out cold so that leads me to believe that a powerful blow could take him down. While Batman couldn't find this kind of power in his gauntlets, i'm sure he could find it elsewhere

Daywalker
Well you know how it is............Batman is the most popular superhero without powers so people are going to throw every scenerio they have at him. Powers or no powers, Batman is invincible in his own right.

batmanrules
as i said bane only broke batmans back after batman was awake for over 14 nights, and ate almost nothing. and also batman has already beaten up the hulk in a crossover comic. and killercrock, its not like batmans only beat him in an artic deasert.

punkyhermy
WHTA MAKES BATMAN WAY COOLER THAN ANYONE ELSE IS THAT HE'S MORTAL.HE WON'T ALWAYS BE THERE.THERE WILL BE A TIME IN GOTHAM WHEN THERE WON'T BE BATMAN.DOESN'T THAT MAKE HIM KINDA PRECIOUS AND SPECIAL.SO WHY NOT MARVEL HIM WHILE HE'S THERE?!

LeAtHerRFace
I dont think you gotta call ppl Jerks. Thats their own opinion. Although I agree, *Power isnt Everything*.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.