Linkin park

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zaphoid
Linkin Park ROCKS MY WORLD!!!! rock --couldnt live without them

octapushunter
how old are you? 12, 13, something in the early teeny-bopper years for sure.
sorry to inform you but LP is cliche background music at best. if you actually listen to it, its very repetitive, monotonous, tripe pop crap rap-rock. they don't actually offer anything original or meaningful to rock music or todays culture as a whole. they just prove that power cords mixed with whatever is pop at the time will sell. i guess if they had something meaningful to express i could upgrade them from total crap to partial crap, but that just isn't the case.

hey you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

loserib
i dont like nsyncing park

in flames
dont hate them dont like them gave there music a listen just to know why people disliked them so much..i knew why they do..so now i dont care..octapushunter said it all about them

swirley jr
no thanks.

stinkfist462
thumb down lp thumb down thumb down

frozen flame
I don't care whether people say that they either suck or kick ass because LP is one of my favorite bands. And I don't mind if some of you think that they suck but you shouldn't try to destroy their fans' images of them 'cause after all, each one is entitled to their own opinions. And lastly, don't tell people that their opinions are wrong because it's their opinion, not yours. And in my point of view, there's no such thing as a wrong opinion...

alic88
lp is pretty cool

in flames
its not that lp suck..they cant suck..cause they hardly do 20% of thier music!!..they tottaly LACK on talent..i dont even look at them as a band i look at them as major labels puppets or an image to sell records..its all about marketing for them..nothing different between them and those pop stars..exept that they hold thier guitars and pretend to play their drums..lol and if they are really playing their instruments..they really need to learn how to play their instruments

wicker_man
I quite Linkin Park, and before you say no! im not a 'teeny bopper', i have a wide taste in music which happens to include Linkin Park, ok they may be making money, but name me a band that are not in the music industry (any genre) to make a name for themselves and ultimately make money. Linkin Park got lucky and made a name for themselves and yet people oppose them, all bands do it some get lucky others don't.

in flames
well bandst hat are in for the fame of the money have something to offer ! what do linkin park have to offer ? popy tunes that are made by other people..guitar riffs that allways have the same note..the dj scratcing ? or the rapping ? all done before a 1000's what about the lyrics ? jon davis sang all that a decade ago! the singing ? chester has a decent voice to be honest..but if he can evolve his singing style so we can tell the differnce between songs it would be better..he is just watsted in that band..a few years from now when theier sales lack a bit and their label looks for something new and fresh to sell records..they will be forgotten.

swirley jr
your post made no sense.. but i'm gonna try to answer anyway.

they didn't make a name for themselves. they saw korn and deftones getting big and wanted to jump on the bandwagon. so they became korn-lite and decided to have rapping. all they've done is sold records to pretentious angsty teenagers, people who choose to be ignorant, and naive unsociable preteens.
your comment would only really apply to korn, who were one of the first bands to do the 'nu metal' thing. they took a big risk, because it wasn't a common thing back then.. linkin park new it was a safe bet. there was never any risk for them. so they didn't need originality or credibility, they already knew they had a formula down that would work.

all serious bands want to play music for a living. that doesn't mean they're in it to ****ing make money... but of course they have to.
if a fairly new band is signed to a major label, they can do two things;

1, whore themselves out to Mtv and radio, please the label, and therefore get gifts from the label (all the cars, houses, etc)

2, keep their dignity and use their label only for distrobution and studio time. then again, these bands usually get very little promo, and end up being dropped.

if you're a band who got pretty big being on indie labels for years, then the labels realize it, and usually you get a fair deal. but that doesn't happen very often because of how hungry people are to sign anything a major label hands out.

anyways, linkin park are worthless whores.

in flames
AGREES!

swirley jr you just took thosse words out my brain..no one oculdve said it better!

wicker_man
Whatever dignity Korn and Deftones had with their whole "Not Selling Out" gimmick has seriously demised, people talk about "teeny boppers" wearing Linkin Park merchandise, i've seen just as many so called teeny boppers wearing Korn, Deftones and Metallica hoodies. Bands are all about image now and you talk about bands appealing to a certain audience from what i've heard of Korn and Deftones both of who are obviously aimed at the same market as Linkin Park.

octapushunter
swirely, in flames, get out of my head!!! i swear that was all stolen straight from my brain.

wicker man, the problem isn't that we don't like LP cause teeny boppers do, its that the teeny boppers like them for, well, the wrong reasons. they don't don't take the time to really analyze the music and figure it out for themselves. if you don't pay ANY attention to LP its not that bad, but when you do you realize how truly agonizingly bad they are. deftones, korn, metallica are great bands in their own right. you don't have to be a music connoisseur to like them but if you are you still realize they are still kick ass bands. ask the teeny boppers what their favorite song is and it will be whatever happens to be on the radio the most.

it breaks down to this: LP is popular for all the wrong reasons, good bands are pop because they are good bands, and some good bands aren't pop because they are just over people's heads. it's a business of lowest common denomonators.

loserib
i liked their first cd it was allright the guitarist picked up on my friend one time

wicker_man
I wouldn't consider Deftones as a great band, old Korn and Metallica were great bands but now there music has become pretty stale.

All music fans have to start of somewhere, i bet alot of the bands we first got into were looked down upon by someone using exactly the same arguement as we are using now, its just a cycle.

Darth Revan
Look, opinions can't be wrong, that's the whole idea of an opinion is that it's just what you think and not fact. Even if I agreed with you, which I don't, I would be mad about what you did so LAY OFF!! mad

octapushunter
look at any bands early stuff compared to more modern stuff, its just an evolution. they don't get thin on material you just get used to the music, their style and what they have to say.

now compare early metallica, korn, deftones, or any great bands, early stuff to anthing LP has. their stuff is lightyears ahead of anything LP has to offer. metallica specifically is no comparison. they pioneered the heavy metal/hard rock scene as we know it. LP is just a sorry cookie cutter band riding other peoples success and inovation, as well as people's nievity, to success. they are just a pathetic rip off of pioneering bands like NIN, Metallica, W Zombie, Tool, Korn, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, even 311.

deftones is a great band. not the greatest band in the history of the universe, but a great band. adrenaline, around the fur, white pony are kick ass records from strat to finish.

and darth what ever, that last part was just a joke. calm down. i know he is entitled to an opinion, that's what makes america great. it's of my opinion that his opinion is wrong however. just take a deep breath and try not to soil yourself.

p.s. where's zaphoid to defend his beloved LP?

wicker_man
I'd not class Deftones as a great band or even a good band, there sound is dull and lifeless and like many bands they are cashing in on teen angst for truely superb bands look no further then Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and more recently Muse, Smashing Pumpkins and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

octapushunter
maiden maybe. leppard moreso. sabbath yes. peppers, maybe on a good day. don't get me started on corrigan, i mean pumpkins. but that's not the point. they are great bands from a different era of music in a different genra. they have substance. they have depth. they have meaning. they make music for themselves, not soley to make money. as do the deftones. listen to them, pay attention. just cause you like old school rock don't count them out. your bands cash in on their 'angst' just like any other band. without 'angst' there is no clash of opinions, heads, personalities, beliefs, and therefor nothing to express through a musical outlet. teen angst, what a buzz word.

wicker_man
I've listeined to them and found there music very unappealing dull and lifeless same as Tools, and i regard my self as a music fan who has a wide taste in music from Punk to Black Metal.

in flames
what blakc metal bands do you listen to ?

wicker_man
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
Cult of Luna
& Entombed mostly

in flames
nice..do you like any doom metal ??

wicker_man
Black Sabbath, Circle of Nero and Paradise Lost mostly.

in flames
black sabbath ?

wicker_man
Yeh one of the sites i vist has them classed under doom metal, which i know when compared to a number of other bands in that genre makes them look pretty tame.

stinkfist462
all they do is lip sync and have the gay turntables play there tracks.... thats prolly all the talent they have...

in flames
its weird black sabbath never ever sounded doom messed this siweird

wicker_man
To right i was thinking the same thing particuarly coming from listeing to 'other' doom metal bands.

Darth Revan
You can't expect every band to be revolutionary. In my opinion, and note the use of the word OPINION, LP makes damn good music, and don't think that you can accomplish anything by calling me a "teeny-bopper" or anything. Furthermore, even though I hate rap, I thought (once again this is an opinion, therefore it cannot be "wrong"wink that their use of talking/rap/whatever you want to call it is very well done and tasteful. And it certainly is original, no matter how much you hate it.

ps If you're going to yell at people, you should at least use good grammar. There is no such word as "nievety" the word you're thinking of is "naivette."

Darth Revan
dude I thought you liked LP

Darth Revan
thumb up thumb up

smittenkitten
*snort*

Okay, firstly, LP sucks. Everyone knows this. Bad lyrics, bad music = suck.

Secondly...

'ps If you're going to yell at people, you should at least use good grammar. There is no such word as "nievety" the word you're thinking of is "naivette."'

Okay, a) that's not grammar, that's spelling, and b) it's not 'nievety' or 'naivette,' it's 'naivete.'

-Smitten Kitten-

Darth Revan
He used the wrong word. At least I knew that.

And my point is not that I'm trying to convince everyone that LP is a good band, I'm just saying that you don't have the right to attack people because you disagree with them. And once again, the answer to the question of whether or not Linkin Park is good will always be an opinion. There is no all-powerful "god of rock" to say "these bands are good and these ones are bad."

smittenkitten
'You can't classify that as spelling. He used the wrong word. At least I knew that.'

Um, yes, you can. Considering that neither 'nievety' nor 'naivette' are words, but 'nievety' is obviously a phonetic attempt at 'naivete,' it was, in fact, a spelling error. Did I really need to explain that to you?

'And my point is not that I'm trying to convince everyone that LP is a good band, I'm just saying that you don't have the right to attack people because you disagree with them. And once again, the answer to the question of whether or not Linkin Park is good will always be an opinion. There is no all-powerful "god of rock" to say "these bands are good and these ones are bad."'

I'm not attacking anyone, to begin with. But actually, there is an all-powerful 'god of rock,' and I am her. So bow down before the one you serve, beeyotch!

-Smitten Kitten-

Darth Revan
This is the post I was referring to when I said the thing about attacking people. I never said that you were attacking people, I said that this person was. That was the reason I posted here originally. So, I am just going to leave now, because I simply refuse to argue over things like this anymore. And don't think you can piss me off enough to start posting in here again. I know this is exactly what you wanted but I have better things to do.

smittenkitten
Heh, yes, I am trying to piss you off. This is the only joy in my life.

But I didn't know you were referring to someone else, so nevermind, then.

-Smitten Kitten-

swirley jr
wicker man, you just don't like deftones, you're allowed to do so. but the truth is that in 1994 nothing else sounded like adrenaline, in 1997 nothing was like around the fur, and in 2000 no one else out there was making songs like the ones on white pony. cashing in on teen angst? have you ever even listened to white pony? they grew out of that halfway through around the fur.

the most aggressive points they've gotten in these later years have been the songs "elite" and "when girls telephone boys". even the new album, which i thought was sub-par, has "anniversary of an uninteresting event" and "lucky you".. if you think deftones are still out there trying to make angsty teenage music, you should probably listen again..

and don't try to pin this up on chino's screaming.. that's just chino. at least he's not screaming about mommy and daddy taking his skateboard, or some sort of authority figure telling him what to do. give them a little credit.

zaphoid
Look, I was just expressing my opinion, no reason for you to start attacking me. No matter how much you may say that LP suks, it won't change my opinion. I will still love their music.

P.S.
Thanx 2 all of u who defended me!!!!!

lil bitchiness
ok, im not a Linking Park fan...never was...but zaphoid has the right to like them just as much as i have the right to like Tool....simple as that...not all teeny bobpers like linking park...

what pisses me off the most is that quite few people dont like Linking Park because someone said they were lame, so to follow the trend, they must not like them either...lame...

It seems to me that there is a common thought that Linking Park arent cool, so people follow the trend....Alternative music is not about following a trend, its about liking whatever the hell you want...ugh! People suck!

lil bitchiness
Amen to that!!!

NOTHING ever sounded like Adrenaline ever again!!

in flames
Chino's screaming are uniuqe..original vocals and she can sing..personaly nothing will ever sound like the white pony!!

total metalhead
Deftones are amazing. one of my favorite bands ever. so i say swirley YOU THE MAN.

linkinpark_girl
Hey any linkin park fans out there? Happy Dance

juggernaut26
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO please no linkin park please please please no no no no no

Tex
...moving

stinkfist462
yes please... move and delete!

Killer
uuhhh.... what's wrong with you people?

thorncrawler
in answer yeah im a fan!"

LanceWindu
I'm a fan.

in flames
im into bands that cant play thier instruments..in other words..honestly they play crap

thorncrawler
to be honest i don't really care if they can play any instruments the music is nice

must_kill_Santa
I am they rock i was ment to go see them but jim 4gt to book tickets

DracotheDragon
LINKIN PARK IS THE SHIZNIT! They are the best band (recent) that ive ever listened to!

anine
linkin park = no

DracotheDragon
linkin park = yes

in flames
if you dont care if they play instruments or not that means your ignorant. and i dont know how people think they are the best band..thier playing is not just simple..its way too stupid..there is like a 100 bands out thier that can play thier two albums in one song and live.lol

i know its a matter of opinion..and this is mine..but please people dont call them the best band..it really hurts me lol that is so ignorant because if you judge them on thier playing they are the worst band ever smile

thats if they really do play..but one thing i have to admit chester has a good voice...but he should work more on singing..cuz his notes are all ways the same..he should learn some complex melodies. if he did that he will a good singer

total metalhead
their cd's sound good but trust me if you see them live they are so shit its embarresing.

in flames
i dont hate them..im not following a stupid trend..i just really think they play shit music..its so simple that you feel stupid when listening to it..thats how i feel..if it was simple and raw that might be okay..but simple and P*ssy..and all the songs sound the same cuz i think they dont have anything more to add to thier simple overdone lameness..when there first album came out i thought they could devolpe to seomthing decent..but it seems like thier label is doing thier music not them..to sell million and milion of records to people who will be bored of it a week after!!!

loserib
yeah they do suck ass live

total metalhead
plus every single song of theirs has pretty much identical lyrics. their all along the lines of ''leave me alone i hate you'' and ''oh my god im so depressed that im developing mental problems and am contemplating suicide''

so dull no

in flames
lol i tottaly agree..very dull very very dull!!

diegocala
They are a bublegum boy band

They are the Shiniznot, comprendizle?

total metalhead
i have to confess.....i have both their albums embarrasment

but thats only cos my dad got them free cos hes worked with them a couple of times at gigs (hes a sound technician or whatever you call em)

in flames
i do to..howcome i judged they are crap

total metalhead
huh you actually bought them???

in flames
yes.

Gotwa
Linkin Park = gay kthx =o

total metalhead
gay? wow thats a great criticism.

linkinpark_girl
aT LEAST SOME PEOPLE LIKE THEM! Happy Dance

Gotwa
Lol I'm not here to make good criticism. I own both aswell, however I burnt them. stick out tongue

i'm a big linkin park fan...

Gotwa
Sucks to be you. =o

smittenkitten
LP is crap, plain and simple. Bad lyrics and bad music = no good.

-Kitten-

i disagree, great lyrics, and great music therefore=good music

in flames
great lyrics loool sorry 113 but honestly you think linkin park write GREAT lyrics ? and great music ? why is great ?lol

because i can relate to them well, and i think they put their songs together in perfect way that works...it alos helps when you can understand what a person is singing...

TrAnCeDuO
in flames...are you just gonna come in here everytime someone makes a post on whether they like/dislike linkin park?drop it already....we know you're just trying to say your point of view but its annoying when you cant leave it at that...you only need to say it once...thats all...

in flames
its my point of view..and i will way it when ever i feel like it..once of twice or a million times thats up to me. if you like them just sya your point of view and stop telling me what to do!

in flames
respect your opinion

and yes they put their songs togther in a perfect way that SELLS..and yes you can understand what they are singing..because they sing is simple melodies..which isnt bad..but i prefer singers that can amaze you!!

sugarxen
ah i have both albums as well and for a time really liked them, i did see them live recently and was excited due to their energy and they just seem like nice guys...but it wasn't a spetactular show to say the least. but ahhh they do get alittle repetitive after while...oh well i'll just continue to oogle Chester, he doesn't need to talk or anything n_________n

smittenkitten
Good lyrics? No. They are painfully simple, primarily thoughtless, and unoriginal. Thus, they are not good. Lyrics that are simple *can* be good, but not if they're not saying something in a new, clever way. Linkin Park does not achieve this. Further, their music is just composed to fit the bill of a top 40 hit. Unoriginal there, as well.
Two wrongs don't make a right, as we all know.

-Smitten Kitten-

wicker_man
I have nothing against Linkin Park in fact i quite like them, along with everything else from Paradise Lost to Primus.

TrAnCeDuO
well the thing is that your too fuggen stupid to just drop it...if these people want to talk about their music let them....we dont need to hear your bs negativity...

bmxviper02
ok im new here .. but wtf is with ppl not being able to have their own opinions
LP is personally my favorite band.. first of all they do their own music =\
second of all not one of their songs sounds the same (listen to some other rock bands and ALOT of their songs you cant tell one from the other) with LP you can
have any of u ever even listened to the Hybrid Theory EP and Hybrid Theory
it seems like alot of you are just talking about meteora (which is good but not as good as HT)
and no im not a ****ing teeny bopper.. im a 15 year old guy who likes other music too.. (three days grace, korn, disturbed, SOAD, hoobastank, CKY) and like 60 other bands that i honestly dont feel like listing...
just because someone likes LP doesnt make them a teeny who has no opinion at all .. alot of people at my school dont like them and when they say it i just tell them thats their opinion so who gives a shit? right?

yes their lyrics are..simple...good!..i hate lyrics that rely on pure symbolism to get their point across, and that's not good music to me at all, it's just someone trying to be "artsy"....and i disgaree with you saying it's thoughtless, their lyrics actually make you think and are vague enough to make you think about a wide range of things...w/e you think they're bad, i think they're great...

in flames
fuggen stupid ? lol well im in this forum to state whatevere i feel like saying and this is what i feel like saying and i dont feel like droping it..give me a reason to listen to your bullsh!t..if you have something to say instead of acting like a hero..just say it..or get out of my fuggin way lol.

smittenkitten
Their lyrics make you think?

Hmm. Okay.

-Smitten Kitten-

in flames
i respect all you said..but i know and everyone knows LP's song all sound the same!

in flames
simple things for the simple minded

anyways i respect all your point of views!!

smittenkitten
Like I said, simple lyrics or simple melodies can be great, but...LP does not make it great. NIN's 'The Day the World Went Away' is a prime example of a great, simple melody (especially the Quiet version). LP, however, manages to be simple and unimaginative.

-Smitten Kitten-

Gotwa
my is in the dictionary between eat and shit.. look it up. big grin LP sucks =o

BackFire
merged linkin park threads.

TrAnCeDuO
im trying to say that your taking away the fun of a good discussion of a thread becuz all you do is come here and critisize other like some idiot who wont get a clue...we heard you already....you hate linkin park....now quit yer bitching and let the fans enjoy this thread...

TrAnCeDuO
if you dont like it then go away....let others who enjoy this music talk without having to be ridiculed for listening to it..

Gotwa
Oh but ridiculing is so FUN.

in flames
u didnt hear me ..i said i dont hate them..i disrespect their lack of talent and lameness

smittenkitten
Furthermore, should our right to freedom of speech be pissed on by people who whine if we say we don't like whatever band is being discussed? Please.

-Smitten Kitten-

linkinpark_girl
Yea, how like old are you forty, lemme guess you listen to granny/grandpa music?

zaphoid
and what in your veiw is granny/grandpa music?

total metalhead
actually my dad is 43 and he listens to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, The Who, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mudhoney, Eels and The Hives.

zaphoid
same here! and if those bands are considered granny/grandpa music, then this god damned world is going to hell

in flames
grani/grandpa music ...lol..atleast those old musican had talent and play 100% of thier music...not like some puppets i know

Darth Revan
I got my mom an Elvis Costello/Burt Bacharach CD..
And my dad got a CD with all three of the Hank Williams on it--the original, Hank Williams II, and Hand Williams III
now that's granny/grampa music
Well actually its not bad, they're all quite talented, but still

wicker_man
I have nothing against Linkin Park and if a band such as Iron Maiden has respect for them then i see nothing wrong with them, Linkin Park are just one of the bands i like, one of the more commercial bands granted, also in reply to Darth Revans above comments i must admit i quite like Elvis Costellos music particuarly the stuff sampled on the Austin Powers : TSWSM soundtrack, apart from Linkin Park, Iron Maiden and indeed Elvis Costello i pretty much like anything (with in reason not really a fan of pop, rap, dance, hip hop, trance, garage you know what i mean) anything from Lemon Jelly to Arch Enemy i like.
At the end of the day there are those who like Linkin Park and those who don't and regular vists to this forum has clearly determined who likes and dislikes them but whatever the case we need to respect each others opinions, some people (including myself i'll be first to admit that) get wound up over fellow members expressing their opnions if that opinion in question does not suit them. Forums are here to allow people with a particular intrest in common to share and view opnions on particular subjects often a heated discussion can throw this out of light and often people become unaware of the hard lined base to what a forum and discussion is their for.

linkinpark_girl
oldies music *shudders

linkinpark_girl
what you described sounds exactly like evanesence, which would be crazy because their music sounds tottaly different.

total metalhead
no what i described is exactly what linkin park's lyrics are like. i have both their albums so i know.

total metalhead
Linkin Park
appearance=boy band (shades, caps, angsty poses)

music=pop metal

song structure=linear rap verse/chorus/linear rap verse/chorus/screaming/chorus

style=electronic sounds/scratches to mask poor guitars, mix of real and sampled drum beats

lyrics=failed relationships, suicide, meaningless words just picked because they rhyme

no. of albums=2 (1 pathetic remix album cos they had nothing new)

Korn

appearance=unique (silver shirts, dreads, cut off jeans)

music=nu metal/rap metal/hybrid metal

song structure=calm intro/totally unpredictable verse structure/chorus/???

style=deceptively calm vocals, brutal basslines, deep guitars, slow paced, extremely hard drums

lyrics=pretty much anything that matters. anger, hate, love, family issues, violence, music industry

no. of albums=6 and still no sign of stopping.

need i say more? i have nothing against them and i dont want to offend anyone but Linkin Park just cant cut it when put up against the real deal. they have lots of potential but they're just wasting any talent they might have.

BOPRecruit 16
i think that lp's next vid should have a x-men/mutant theme to it. where the guys have powers!

wicker_man
To be honest KoRn are just a one trick pony aswell as are the majority of bands (Tool, Deftones, Slipkont, Offspring) all of who are using the same winning formulas to appeal to the same audience for truly unique bands try Iron Maiden, Primus, Lemon Jelly, Paradise Lost, Muse and RHCP

wicker_man
Korn Vs Iron Maiden

Korn

appearance=unique (silver shirts, dreads, cut off jeans)

music=nu metal/rap metal/hybrid metal

song structure=calm intro/totally unpredictable verse structure/chorus/???

style=deceptively calm vocals, brutal basslines, deep guitars, slow paced, extremely hard drums

lyrics=pretty much anything that matters. anger, hate, love, family issues, violence, music industry

no. of albums=6 and still no sign of stopping.

Iron Maiden

apperance - Wear what suits them (e.g. Leather Jackets, T-Shirts, Jeans normal everyday clothes)

music - classic rock

song structure - Usually begin with mellow guitar solos with lead vocalist Bruce Dickinson gradually blending in , then all hell brakes loose with ripping guitair solos and drum beats with Bruce really given it all he's got, his voice is so distinct.

style- Unique lead vocals, ripping guitar solos and killer bass constanlty playing, distinctive drums, mixed with good old fashioned slower ballads typical to true rock legends.

Lyrics - Anything from politics, history, home issues a basically all round feel to their music.

no. of albums - 22 and still going strong

So KoRn really aren't that unique when compared to other rock orientated bands like maiden.

total metalhead
the bands you listed at the top are all totally different!!! Tool have a completely original sound which cant really be put in one genre, Slipknot are a (bad) mix of nu metal and death metal and Offspring are contempary punk rock. the only 2 similar bands there are Deftones and Korn and there 2 of the best bands out there in my opinion.

and Iron Maiden are overrated stick out tongue Led Zeppelin kick their asses

wicker_man
Iron Maiden are excellent one of the best classic rock bands ever as are Led Zeppelin along with AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, White Snake, The Scorpions and Uriah Hepp. Korn and Tool sadly in my opnion are not they are two bands that never appealed to me both have boring, generic music sounds.

total metalhead
maybe to you but too me and many other people on this site they rock.

btw you missed Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, T Rex, Pixies and The Who from your list.

wicker_man
Apart from T-Rex the rest never appealed to me.

I am pretty open minded on the rock music i like, hence myself liking most stuff from Linkin Park to Primus but Tool and KoRn, Deftones, Slipknot and Offspring never did.

total metalhead
well i hate Slipknot anyway. what about SOAD? their totally unique.

wicker_man
Agreed they are brilliant one of my fav's.

total metalhead
okay so you have some good taste stick out tongue

zaphoid
"oldies music *shudders"

actually...the music that we listen to now originated from the 'oldies music,' and if u actually listen to it, you might find it to be pretty good. For example...the Beatles were great. they are one of my favorite bands besides led zeppelin, chili peppers, and linkin park

Darth Revan
For god's sake you could go on for days comparing bands like this
Linkin Park is good, so is Korn, so is Led Zeppelin, so is Maiden
I'm not that picky when it comes to music as long as it's rock and not pop, rap, etc

total metalhead
yes to everything except the part where you said Linkin Park and Maiden were good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.