What do you think of the name now???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robbery
Its been several months since the name(AOTC) was released and as a big fan of this name I was wondering what all those people who didnt like it now think after seeing the name on the various trailers and such???.

Texas
Well for a movie that is said to be dark and gloomy, it doens't guite fit in my eyes. Attack of the clones is more of an action title. So I guess it's going to be dark and gloomy with lots of actionbig grin
I still think he could of come up with a better title though. It's grown on me, but If I were in charge it definately would not be the title.sad

mah
the title is great as it was from the beginning, couldn't have done it better.

jedi212guy
It isn't perfect, but over the last three months it has grown on me.smile

King Jedi
I agree with Mah. Apart from the initial shock, I've always loved the title.

yerssot
I still think that the title isn't good, but hey; I can't change it and I hope that with using it constantly it will grow on to me.

Ani/Ami_love
Well, the title isn't bad...it could've been worse. Someone I spoke to on another Forum suggested that it should've been called "The Clone Wars" ...but I maybe putting two 'Wars' in the episode title wouldn't sound right.

Ushgarak
Indeed it would not. It was also a bloody obvious choice, which I doubt GL likes.

Ani/Ami_love
I agree.

I think, in the end, AOTC was an alright choice for a title.

Texas
After seeing the DVD trailer, I dont care what it's called, it's going to be awesome!!!!smokin'

King Jedi
What was the worst title you heard? "For the love of a Jedi" is the worst I heard.

ToMacco
The Episode II title sucks.sad Sorry, it just does.

Aquarius87
Yeah,i think AOTC is ok,it doesn't matter what title is really.It may be everywhere on SW for example merchandise,but its not the title that counts its the actuall movie,and whats in it.

yerssot
yeah, my point also!
And with the looks of it, it's going to be a great movie!

King Jedi
Adn from what we've seen in the trailers the title matches what happens in the film.

yerssot
but from what I've heared, that only takes a small time of the movie...

King Jedi
yeah but when you saw the clone army marching up the ramp of the ship I got shudders.eek!

yerssot
ah! still think the battledroids standing up was better

Ushgarak
Yes indeed. The Clone army didn't impress me that much.

yerssot
and I think that he wanted the same effect, but for me, it wasn't that good

King Jedi
It will be.smile

Venom
A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi - these titles have a deep sense, they had a symbolic effect. The Phantom Menace was a bit disappointing because it's obvious what Menace the title deals wit. But Attack Of The Clones is neither deep nor symbolic. That's sad, but that doesn't mean I dislike it or the whole movie.I think it'll be great, far better than Ep1 or Ep4. And like Ep1/the title of Ep2... the people always expect TOO ****ing much of Star Wars. But the movie WILL kick some ass, no doubt bout it.
Just wait, how this whole story 1-6 will effect when it's complete. I really like the idea of GL COMPLETING all movies with new scenes. Then it'll be perfect. For example Coruscant is the mayor planet next to the complete opposit, Tattoine. Where's Coruscant in Ep 4 and 5? Where's Palpatine in Ep4, when he's one of the most important characters? Plus not enough scenes with just Darth Vader in Ep4. Probably GL will make some fast fighting sequences of >1 sec. to cut into the original fight-scene so that you don't realize the changes. That would be cool because this fight ain't that hard. Is Vader THAT weak wit his lightsaber?
I DISLIKE the idea of Yoda fighting wit a lightsaber, because for me he was symbolic - You don't need to be big or to have a weapon (neither blaster nor lightsaber) to be skilled in the use of the force, or to have power. The abstract IDEA, the thought of HOW Yoda WOULD fight opponents is great - NOT seeing him swirling around his lil' light-stick. PEACE

Gundark
I wasn't bowled over by the title when I first heard it, but I don't really mind it. Its like when you go watch it for the 18th time you say at the ticket window "one for star wars" or "one for clones". Like when I went to see ESB for the 27th time, I just said "one for Empire". Just a shortened version of the full title. I'm not worrying about having use "attack of the clones" in regular conversation. Just say ep2. But only if you're talking to another fan of course.

yerssot
the name is still stupid, but you can't change it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.