Eowyn and Aragorn Picture... what do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BingaBonga
http://www.meduseld.btinternet.co.uk/eowyn_aragorn_rotk.jpg

hmmmm, maybe it's just eowyn dreaming

BOPRecruit 16
seems to me like they got a little something going in rotk, from trailer pix.

nephalim27
Spoilers for what they will do to RotK, the movie: RoTK, the movie, according to the picture guide, says that Arwen will get mortally ill with the vision of impending doom for mankind and Aragorn. Blah. If she's supposedly powerful, according to the movie, why not have her defend Lorien instead if they are desperate for screen time for her.

orlandoOYEA
I saw a pic yesterday of Arwen and Aragorn at their wedding Can post it if ya like

Aurora
Please do....

Camellia
Yes, please!

sauron
erm i think thats a picture of eowyn and aragorn from ttt ee where she gives him soup and he doesnt like it so when shes not looking he pours it out big grinbig grin

orlandoOYEA
h/o ill get the pic
http://istari.dyndns.org/~henke/rotk/ararw.jpg

orlandoOYEA
dont know why but Aragorn dont look happy

sauron
lol yeah he looks upset, cos elrond is behind him with a gun to his back

orlandoOYEA
lol laughing

sauron
if you squint just enough you can see some elves stopping eowyn getting near

Camellia
Beautiful picture: but I was thinking, doesn't Aragorn look at lot older there? He has seemed to have suddenly aged.

Must be the stress of married life....big grin

orlandoOYEA
lol, very true. I like the crown

Bloom4ever
C what u mean. He's got a lot more beard there. Arwen looks really nice. STUPID ELF

orlandoOYEA
lol, i think they might of purposely (once again cannot spell) aged him so that they physically showed he got wiser.

orlandoOYEA
Here is another where he (or she) aint lookin too pleased
http://istari.dyndns.org/~henke/rotk/arwen18.jpg

sauron
aw man give them a break, look at your parents is their marriage all smiles do they never argue or get mad at each other

orlandoOYEA
very true, but i mean ya have to wonder. they have wanted it for so long and yea.

sauron
well aragorn was under the impression that arwen was leaving, and eowyn was interested in him, so he will have seen her in a new light, then arwen showed back up, i mean you would be a little miffed

sauron
why marry her anyway

Let's start with Luthien... along with being the "fairest child of Elves or Men", the daughter of a Maia, and the most accomplished singer of all time, she also loved her man so much as to be willing to knock out her guards and leave home and face down Sauron and beat Sauron's sorry ass just to stand by him. She was willing to go with him straight to Thangorodrim itself, put one over on Morgoth(!), and even after all that still cared for him so much that she was willing to go to Mandos and talk the Valar into bringing Beren back to life. Let's face it: Luthien Tinuviel was one hot thoroughly accomplished scared-o-nothin' clever-as-hell broad.

Now, let's look at Arwen... According to Return of the King appendices A and B, Aragorn first met Arwen and fell in love with her in T.A. 2951 - but Arwen wouldn't even give him the time of day until twenty-nine years later. Her father, Elrond, made it clear that she wasn't gonna marry Aragorn unless he became the Ruler of Gondor and Arnor; and when Aragorn joined the Fellowship and went forth on the hopeless mission to overthrow Sauron, did Arwen help him, as Luthien helped Beren? No! She stayed at home and read magazines until the War was already down to the last gasp, and even then she refused to show up herself but just sent all of Aragorn's friends south to offer all the moral support instead! Oh, sure, once all the dirty work was already done, then she shows up - probably carried all the way there in a sedan chair by some sweating oafish admirers - to finally say, "Ohhhh, Aragorn! Now that you've become the king of several hundred thousand acres of prime real-estate and defeated all of our dire enemies, suddenly you look much more handsome", and in the blink of an eye she's all ready to say the hell with what Dad thinks and marry him. ...Put it all together and what have you got? A cheap, greedy, standoffish gold-digging trollop.

Luthien or Arwen? Come on! Stop kidding around. The "fairest child of Elves or Men" wins hands down. If you're going to give us a contest, at least make it a relatively fair one... like, say, the favorite "who-would-win" contest from last year:

orlandoOYEA
True, True. Very good point. I mean he sorta had to choose

GABRIEL05
Liv's cute n'all but she doesn't have the "regal" look that I thought Arwen should have

*tosses 2 cents somewhere*

muse5
stupid elf... lolol, i don't think that the picture of the two is from the ee, it looks like eowyn's dress is purple, i DEFINETLY think that there is something going on between them in rotk

BingaBonga
Exactly. Happy Dance

nephalim27
Well, at least that gives PJ a good reason to do the lame love interest thing, because the tale of Arwen and Aragorn is greatly lacking in the book...but it's supposed to be a mystery, I guess. The Appendix doesn't tell you anything interesting though, and the backstory, as I said, sucks...

Bloom4ever
Eowyn's really nice 2 for all of you who say Arwens better

Bloom4ever
Thx Bloomilicious 4 the site 2 these pix

Bloom4ever
The elf again:-

orlandoOYEA
Where did u get those awesome pics?

Bloom4ever
a site from Bloomilicious: warofthering.net i think.

BingaBonga
My eyes! My eyes.... it's too ugly.... (referring to arwen and aragorn together) big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
now now, i really do like the eowyn character, i seriously do, because she a strong strong person and doesnt fear anything, and is willing to fight in battle to help save middle earth from saruman and sauron, i mean she is going to sneak off on rotk and go fight one of the biggest battles ever, she has no fear in that, she wants to at least die fighting a battle and not die just sitting around letting death take her over

I really do appreciate eowyn and her bravery and i really love her character, its a good way of pointing out that women can be fighters too and stand up for what they believe in and stand up to save their land, their home, their family, its a really good like inspirational character, a good way of pointing out that women can stand up as well and fight

OrliNElijahsGrl
now onto couple wise, although i adore the arwen and aragorn love story, i adore it, but it was very interesting to see a spark between aragorn and eowyn in two towers, i really adored that, it was mind boggling, it lead me up to thinking and wondering "is he gonna choose arwen or eowyn" that was a very interesting twist of the love story, and i think it puts a interesting twist of wondering who will aragorn end up with by return of the king, the anticipation of wondering who he will actually choose is a wonderful add in to the love story in lotr! we all know though hes gonna marry arwen and she will be his queen and that she chose a mortal life than being forever immortal, to me..thats real powerful as well, shes willing to give up her immortal life to have a mortal life with aragorn, think about it, if she stayed immortal and married him, she would have to sit there and watch him die and forever be lost without him and forever knowing that the one she loved died, choosing a mortal life was a good choice, she and aragorn can both die together, the way she wants it to be, live as long as they can, and die together as one, although she will be leaving her father and her family, thats one sad thing about it, her father didnt want her to, but she did what her heart told her to do, i think its beautiful, i would do the same thing, a wonderful wonderful beautiful love story they have on arwen and aragorn, simply beautiful

BingaBonga
yeah, well anyway, it sounds better with eowyn. *sighs* sad

OrliNElijahsGrl
i know i know, maybe we will see a little bit of more sparks between eowyn and aragorn in rotk, but i really adore this whole love story with arwen and aragorn, its just precious, and i love how they added eowyn in the picture and the moments with eowyn and aragorn, so lovely

BingaBonga
well that picture is in rotk. it's not in the extended version of towers...

OrliNElijahsGrl
I mean adding her into the whole love triangle, its real interesting

BingaBonga
It's not a triangle though! It's an angle, or whatever, but it's not a triangle. Arwen and Eowyn don't even know each other...

OrliNElijahsGrl
oh yeah well thats true, i like using the term love triangle sometimes, okay love angle then

BingaBonga
love angles rule Happy Dance

OrliNElijahsGrl
they are very interesting

BingaBonga
But... they still rule! Happy Dance as you can see, i must be on something.... j/k eek!

OrliNElijahsGrl
hahahahaaha

BingaBonga
They do! Triangles stink... angles make up triangles... triangles don't make up angles... see i pay attention in math!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/smartass.gif

BingaBonga
I wonder what scene that may be from though... maybe when aragorn and his men come to rohan before the paths of the dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.