Saving The DVD Trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

d8camjordan
How do you do it? All that appears is a text file thats 13 megs...

Texas
Probably cant, LF was very concerend about the material staying exclusive to the DVD link.

Bragg2012
bugggga......i got tha dvd but no dvd rom jus a player on ma tvsad

try renaming the txt file to .mov

when will the trailer be in the UK for us to see without the DVD link???

Ratcat
Question: Why start an 'Official Thread' and start this one.

Doesn't that kind kill the idea of an Official Thread...

yerssot
what's on the trailer? how does it look like?

Ani/Ami_love
Apparently, a 2 minute trailer will be accompanying the'Harry Potter' movie...that comes out next Friday. smile

Texas
So the HP trailer is going to be the DVD ROM trailer? That makes sense, the DVD ROM people get to see it a week before every one else. That's kewl. Besides, I going to see HP anyways, it's going to be an extra treat seeing the trailer on the big screen.

Ratcat
Turns out that it's pretty easy to download the trailer after all.

I found the 12.8Mb txt file in my Internet Cache, after a lot of head scratch I discovered that the header was missing.

Unfortunately I was buggered as I had no idea what should have been there. Luckily there are a lot of people smarter than me, (I know, hard to believe...)

Anyway, they came up with the header amd bogs ya uncle.

So, here are the steps.

1. View the large trailer as normal (not sure if this works for med and sml, header may be different.

2. Search you internet Cache, or just you C drive if you don't know where you Cache is. You're looking for a 12.8Mb TXT file. The name is a random set of characters, mind was zE56k0sh56ugvb7s.txt, may be different from machine to machine, dunno.

3. Download a Hex Editor, plenty of freeware ones out there.

4. Open the txt file in the editor and you will see that the first 76 characters are all x or Hex 78

Replace them with this;

00 00 22 C5 6D 6F 6F 76 00 00 22 BD 63 6D 6F 76
00 00 00 0C 64 63 6F 6D 7A 6C 69 62 00 00 22 A9
63 6D 76 64

Save the fiel wityh a MOV extension.

Open the file in Quicktime. OH NO, WHITE SCREEN. (This may answer the problem someone esle posted earlier.

Under the EDIT option, choose ENABLE TRACKS and enable the Video and AUdio tracks.

Save the MOV file and play.

Enjoy...

Or, wait til the morning and I'm sure Raz will have it for download somewhere.... embarrasment)

Bragg2012
RC u deserve a medal

Ushgarak
Only works with Quicktime PRO, folks...

Raz
I'm on it wink

Ushgarak
Hey, I'm sorted already.

Dim
Raz'll get it..

Bragg2012
i think...im in the process of downloading it..

here is the link

Trailer B

yerssot
downloading it now...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.