Ninja attack in The Last Samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
What are your thoughts about the ninja attack in the Last Samurai?

Kes
Moving to movie discussion.
Careful with the spoilers ppl wink
moving--moved

ragesRemorse
i thought it was unessicary. It was there just for a WOW factor. I mean for a movie that was supposedly devoted to accuracy, they diddnt bother to do any research on the Ninja. They just playcated to the american audience, and gave them the same old evil Ninja sterotype.

SaTsuJiN
first of all, it had everything to do with the movie, ninjas were an everyday occurance in Japan when it came to all kinds of diplomacy and aristocratic nuisances. If you did something someone didnt like, you most likely had a ninja on your ass. There was no placation involved, if America didnt wanna see a flick about Japan, then American audience shouldnt sit down to a movie with a Japanese title, and Japanese content.

Ninja are cut throat assassins that do nothing but make a living off of killing other people, how is that not evil? lol
You cant make them pretty and say oh they fight for good, they're mercenaries. Ninja were very much like that if not even more violent. Maybe 'you' should do some research.

now, down to a more personal level, I thought the ninja werent ruthless enough during that sequence. sure ninja are designed only for stealth, but they just really seemed weak in the face to face confrontations (in this particular sequence).

ragesRemorse
ninja's were farmers, and peasants who rose up against the samuri rule. Everything they were involved with was from social oppression.

ImmortalSamurai
Actually ninja were usually ronin (wandering samurai usually without a Master). Regular samurai too were used as ninja also. A ninja was basically a recon scout, assassin, and propagandist spreading rumors of a rival lord to inspire rebellion. The modern concept of a black clad warrior is something from hollywood, as REAL ninja were usually disguised as samurai or whatever could get them closer to their goals.

BlazingBarrells
well actually they were probably none of those. they could have all been aliens from the future. neways, no matter who or what they are, or where they come from, the scene was tight anyway.

ImmortalSamurai
I agree with BB on that one. Accurate or not it was exciting and well filmed.

Aku
I think its one of the most class fight scenes and it really added abit more to the film, coz if there wasnt the part with the ninjas the film would have been boring until the end. Although Last Samurai is one of my fave films, so im abit biased, and they were'nt very good ninjas coz surely they'd just wait until all the samurai were asleep, then kill them then. But its a cool fight scene plus it shows the trust between algren and katsumoto.

Savvy?

Aku
And besides ninjas were normal people who just rebelled coz they didnt agree with the rule of the samurai, so theres two sides to this. No different to Malcom X, just more a deadly protest then a violent one. I mean would you rather have someone tell you what to do while they stand and do nothing or would you preffer everyone to share a workload, thats what ninjas believed which is why they fled to nearby mountains and studied ninjitsu.

rwoonacott

Aku
Damn Right biatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.