Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Yep, it's today! I remember it because A) I've recently played Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, B) it's a week before my birthday, and C) it's worth remembering!

Poor soldiers on the Arizona...

keokiswahine
Thank you for remembering. Another Pearl Harbor survivor passed on and was buried here with his shipmates today.

Dexx
awh..yeah...well i DO hope we'll have a Hiroshima and Nagasaki rememberance day wink

Evil Dead
me too...........I'd love a day set aside particularly for remembering how we dropped the big bombs on Japan, especially since you must remember their sneak attack on the U.S. which wasn't even in WWII at the time.

Fire
lol if we were to remember every battle that took place on our soil, we would be remembering every day of the year

finti
most countries(besides UK and France) wasnt a part of wwII before they were attacked

yerssot
it wasn't a sneak attack, it was well expected imho

mors823
The Japanese warned us, we just didn't put 2 and 2 together.
The nice thing about Dec 7 was that it occured on a Sunday this year, the day it occcured in 1941. I was a little shocked by the lack of media coverage of the memorial. I remember watching it on the History Channel last year, but it wasn't on this year. It's an important day in US history and should always be remembered.

Bad Boy
Respect to the veterans and lost!

Captain REX
Yep, the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombing should be remembered as well, though I don't know the date.

mors823
Aug 6th and Aug 9th, respectively. Japan surrender a few days later. Formal surrender occur in mid-Sept.

KidRock
That a boy soldiers..That a boy you are remembered
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/usaflag.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.