Wait a second...*SPOILERS*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nephalim27
I thought that Voldemort got past the "mother's sacrifice" protection he had on him with the "blood of the enemy" thing he revived himself with. Why then, praytell, does he still have to call Privet Drive "home" and such. The magic is dead. Is there something else to this i'm missing?

bLooMiLiCioUs
the protection of muggles -i think ive heard the answer to this sumwhere b4 when harry's askin dumbledore why he hasta go back
i think petunia's got sumth to do with harry's protection too frm the looks of that scene in Ootp...

Linkalicious
His mother's love was the protection that kept him alive when Voldy cast the killing spell on him when he was a child. (that left him his scar) But much "like" the secret keeper, Petunia has a magic that Voldy can't do anything about while Harry is in No. 4 Privet Drive. You are talking about 2 different magic spells right now.

XxGambitXx1988
petunia signed a paper for dumbledor when she took harry in and she has to protect him or suffer dumbledors wrath

XxGambitXx1988
he said hell tell her secret i think it was when dumbledore sent her a howler

Maikahyandowen
harry is still protected by his mother's blood, since aunt petunia also has it, and by living in that house it protects him. dumbledore explained that.

Luna150
The blood of the enermy DID mean he didn't have the protection of his mothers safcrifice so voldemort can touch harry. But i think maybe petunia is still protected by that so while harry is with her he is ok. IT SAYS SO IN THE BOOK!!!!!!!!! READ!

nephalim27
It's really not explained very well...

Linkalicious
it wasn't explained like that in the book. It was implied that the protection bestowed upon him by his mother's love would no longer protect Harry from Voldy. I think that the type of magic that is protecting Harry is a different type of magic that has been explained so far. I think at the begining of book six or somewhere else in the series we will find out what that other protection might be. After all i'm sure there are tons of spells and encantations that we haven't even heard about in the wolrd of Harry Potter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.