Record of the Year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
Ok i've just watched the highlights for the UK's 'Record of the Year' as voted for by the Great British public and guess who won best record ?...Westlife, a boyband whose last song was a cover song. Just another example of the sad state that music has become.

crazy_rock_chic
agreed,but at least busted didnt win

alic88
4 me, the song of the year is crazy in love or bring me 2 life

Ikobe
Well, for a start, the Manalow (sp?) cover's only been out a few weeks wheras, for instance, Year 3000 has been out since... forever, basically. They chose pathetic plastic pop 'artists' and that's that.

SilverFighter
I thought that boybands were death but I guess the music industry wants to keep them alive.

total metalhead
Happy Dance Happy Dance cool i love Westlife!!!

in flames
how manish..lol they look like ****

total metalhead
thats being nice. they are seriously shit. thank god we dont have them back home in the US

mechmoggy
My record of the year is "Trani" by the Kings of Leon.

To be fair, I'd have preferred Busted to win. At least they wrote and played the instruments on their song.

Ikobe
Well, er... don't mean to burst your bubble or anything but from what I've heard they're a boy band (a la written-and-played-by-other-people) packaged as a 'teen rock' band. RAHR. DIEEEE.

wicker_man
So far this year my vote goes to The Rainmaker ~ Iron Maiden as record of the year.

mechmoggy
Linkin Park were tarred with that same brush y'know.

My point is that Busted, no matter how poor, are said to write and perform on their own songs.

However, Westlife sing other peoples stuff whilst sitting on stools, and then they get up off the stools at the key-change for a big ending. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ab012f9448
Black eyed peas should have got record of the year. It's the biggest selling single of 2003. Doesn't that mean anything? They are new and original unlike that crappy westlife. Burn there Cd's NOW!!!

crazy_rock_chic
yeah but busted just really get on my nerves,and no matter how many times any1 ses they play their own instruments,they do not,i saw them on tv and the guy with the huge eyebrows was 'playing' the guitar but there wasnt even any guitar in that bit and no sound was coming from his guitar

Bad Boy
It's a joke!!!

The music scene isn't in a state... you just gotta look for new stuff!

burlyman
doesnt westlife always win? *cough*rigged*cough*

ab012f9448
shifty

total metalhead
personally i dont see how they can have a record of the year when they just pick the songs from whats in the charts. seeing as its only pop groups that dominate the charts, there just picking from one genre. when the occasional rock/hip hop/metal song which is good reaches the charts, no one ever takes any notice of it, because its too different, and all they want is the same manufactured crap so they can have a bunch of nice irish (or wateva westlife are) kids win the award, not some real musicians who might be a little bit rebellious and......deep breath....ORIGINAL.

wicker_man
The point im trying to make here BB is that todays society are getting force fed on manufactured rubbish, its becomes to such an extent that new, orginal talent are finding it extremly difficult to get noticed.

stinkfist462
my album of the year is..........AFI - sing the sorrow.... MY OPINION SO DONT COMPLAIN!!

Bad Boy
But if you ignore what is being force-fed and try to discover new artists, then these people would get noticed!

crazy_c
I didnt think many of the songs up for record of the year were that good especially busted the most irritating thing ever! I was happy just as long as busted didnt win it. So yay westlife even tho u suck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.