Keira vs. Natalie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
"Hmmm......they must not have been able to get Natalie Portman for the role so they took the first girl who greatly resembled her"........

Sugar Kane
I think you may have been...

I think that they were probably looking for an English actress to play an English character and that is why she was chosen over say, Natalie Portman. There is a definite resemblance though.

Lord Soth
I just realized how similar they look..........jeez that's creepy

Lyn
Keira Knightley played Sabe in TPM. Sabe was one of the Queen's handmaidens. KK was Sabe because of their resemblence.

Lord Soth
That makes sense.

Wait, Keira Knightly (sp) was 18 when fiming PotC, and PM was in '99.....she would have been 14! And she didn't look it at all....

jack's dudess
omg!!

really?

that's only one year older than me!!

but yeah...i agree..........she has a weird face

bLooMiLiCioUs
correction she was 17 when potc was filmed - turned 18 b4 the premiere tho.

VengeanceGOD
I didn't see the resemblance at all, until I did this:

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/waffle/novemberstun.jpg http://www.delanet.com/~kpfeiffe/JustKeira2.jpg

Holy crap, they DO look alike. I didn't realize Kiera was Sabe in TPM.

bLooMiLiCioUs
they look alike that's why she got Sabe's part

gambit88
and the best thing of all they're both really hot

Lord Soth
It took me a few minutes to figure out which was which.....laughing

VengeanceGOD
Nat's still hotter though.

Darkweaver
They look a bit alike, but not too much. Great pics of both of them, especially Natalie.

jack's dudess
Woah!!..........which witch is which?

mook
the ultimate threesome...

#1fan Sparrow
Keira wasnt 14 when they made pirates of the caribbean that movie only took 11 months to complete so she was either 16 or 17

#1fan Sparrow
how do you people put pictures in here i dont get it

VengeanceGOD
You put the word "img" in between this: and then put the URL. At the end, you put "/img" in between this:

Caribbean_Chick
they meant she was 14 when they made the other movie

but I agree.. now that I see them together I can really see the resemblance

Lyn
I didn't know...and I LOVE SW..but after I saw POTC I did some browsing on KK on the net...found it by accident..and I was like "OMG!! Keira Knightley was Sabe!! How cool!!" They're both REALLY pretty...

Caribbean_Chick
yea they are pretty.. but I can't believe that Kiera is soo young!!!!How old is Natalie?

Lord Soth
Early 20s, I don't know exactly

Caribbean_Chick
wow she's been acting for quite a while I though she was older.. like late 20s early 30z kinda thing

sadge
god it took me by suprise when johnny depp said how young she was 17!!! and shes been in bend it like beckham and (sabe ?) i never heard of that film!!

mmmm johnny depp and orlando bloom mmmm

Caribbean_Chick
lol yeah I know.. she's a pretty good actress though

Lyn
I think Natalie is about 22...

Sadge: Keira plays Sabe in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace...

beaujay1
ur not the only one, they really do look identical

airangel429
yeah they look SURPRISINGLY very much alike!!

Caribbean_Chick
ooooooooo Star Wars........ now I know what you're talking lol.. omg I saw that one!!!!That's the only Star Wars I ever saw lol.. with that adorable kid Jake LLoydlove

Lord Soth
The Empire Strikes back was the best of thr 5 (soon to be 6), Episode 1 just sucked. An affront to Star Wars

Caribbean_Chick
yea that would be why I didn't see any of the others lol

Lyn
If you think Jake Lloyd is love ...you should see Hayden...*melts*
Sorry!! This is a POTC thread...sorry...hehe...

Anyways, I really like Keira in POTC...I saw Bend it Like Beckham after POTC...so it was the first time I ever saw her ((if you don't count her role as Sabe, which I didn't discover until AFTER POTC))...I think she was really good in it.

"You like pain?? Try wearing a corset!!"

Caribbean_Chick
lol yeah she's really talented for her age

Lyn
Definitley...

Lord Soth
There's a new young prodigy every year big grin

Caribbean_Chick
yeah.. maybe I'll be one eventuallybig grin

Lord Soth
I would like to be one....big grin

Lyn
Who wouldn't!! stick out tongue wink

leaf_eater
THAT WAS HER IN STAR WARS!?!? was it the one that the girl who pretended to be the queen? *didn't pay atteention to the movie*

Lady Bri
whoa...that IS weird...i never noticed that before

Lyn
Yeah, that's her...apparently...let me think of some scenes she's in.
K...When they visit the Gungan Ruler and Padme ((Portman)) interrupts the "Queen", well...Knightley plays the "Queen".

And..."Viceroy!! Your occupation here has ended!!" ~thats her too...

Lyn
Here's a link...

http://www.online-shrine.com/knightley/index.php

Mentions her role...

Caribbean_Chick
cool.. so is she an actual character in the movie or just takes over Natalie's parts sometimes or whatconfused I don't get it confused

Lyn
Natalie is Queen Amidala. When her life becomes threatened she trades places with one of her handmaidens. She becomes Padme. Sabe, one of her handmaidens, dresses like the Queen, mimicks her voice etc. to fool any attackers or whatever. Keira is Sabe.

nazgulinthedark
i found she looked exactly like my friends older sister

ahaetrkarykl
wow i didnt relly think they looked alike until i looked at those two pics up there. they really do look a lot alike.

Caribbean_Chick
ooooooooo I get it.. so she was covering up for Queen Amidala or w/e.. gotchawink

Lyn
Exactly...happy

Caribbean_Chick
laughing.. I've only seen the episode one of Star Wars.. that's the one she's in?

Lord Soth
Indeedy do

Caribbean_Chick
wow.. I didn't even notice.. then again I didn't really have a clue what was going on half the time I was only like 10stick out tongue

ArrghPirateGirl
WOW Look wat I found on the very very very very last page eek!
*writes "APG was 'ere" in the dust*

NtOnKsSuX17
whats TPM mean? is it a movie?

ArrghPirateGirl
The star wars 1 ......grrr I can't remeber the name of it....Epesode 1 anyway big grin

Unholy_Cheese
The Phantom Menace blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.