Question for all of you non-Americans...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
I know that alot of you recieve some of the music/films from the U.S..............I don't know how much but I did watch the Euro MTV awards so I know alot of the music that is big here in the U.S. is big in Europe aswell.

Here in the U.S., rap is big business right now. This has lead to millions of suburban teenage boys trying to act like gangster rappers. They wear their pants hanging off of their ass, they wear bandanas with knots tied in the front and they even try to emulate how these un-educated rappers from the inner city speak.

Nothing amuses me more than seeing these people in public. I laugh everytime I pass 4 teenage boys dressed like this talking to each other saying things like "yo dog hold up.....damn nigga that be da shit".....

It occured to me last night at work that Europeans do recieve alot of our music. Do teenage boys in other countries try to act like gangsta rappers? The only thing I can think of that is funnier than seeing American suburban teenage boys doing this........would be to see a let's say, English boys doing this.

I couldn't get it out of my head last night. Just the thought of a group of boys walking around London.......saying things like "yo nigga....wha's happenin' foo" with their English accent (I know it's not an accent to you, you know what I mean though)........

So do they? I really have to know now. All night long I kept hearing John Cleese and Hugh Grant in my head saying things like "yo dog, that be da ill shit".........

Tired Hiker
Word to the mother land.

Tired Hiker
I bet they don't like rap as much as we do. Personally, I don't like rap. But, who knows how this will end up?

clavis9495
Not all people in Europe speak with an english accent myself I speak Scottish and to me that is the best accent ever but if you try messing it by immitating other "stupid" people that is just F ucked up

Tired Hiker
whoa confused All I know is that Scottish people eat their young!!!!

saucybird007
laughing out loud
Yeah in London i think more than in the counties. But we do get boys which here in Essex are called 'trendies' purely because they walk around as if the own the place in all the designer labels off the back of a lorry, TRYING to talk in slag but they really cant pull it off! roll eyes (sarcastic)

But yeah, mainly in London really. I would of thought its the same every where though.

Evil Dead
Clavis.......I know not all Europeans speak with an English accent.......my example was "I couldn't get it out of my head last night. Just the thought of a group of boys walking around London......"....hence me referencing the English accent....they are in London.

I really must know this now. Any accent. I would love for a German to say, "yeah, we have young boys here who do that too".......that would just make my day. Imagining boys speaking like that in a German accent...........Australia would also be a kicker.

Corlindel
Rao is more a suburban social music than a USA music. Even the Hip Hop roots had began in USA, It was played in all over the world since then bu suburban people. Europe also. Maybe not exactly by all the people but for the most who live in suburban neighborhouds, and who have their own vocabulary as you said "yo nigga..." With he normal translations for the local language.

This happens since the same ime it happened in USA. Remember that the suburban cultue is the same no mather the country. The african roots of Hip Hop are in Europe too as much or more than in USA.

Corse there were some music modifications and mix of influences, particularly in Europe.

Yo stick out tongue

Corlindel
Be sure that are boys who do that too in many different acents. So you is did your day. stick out tongue

dave123
Yeah, people do it all the time in London, and some of that make it sound normal, but some people (and they're normally white...) just make it sound really stupid.

But it'd probably all sound funny to you, because I don't notice the accent.

saucybird007
I agree with you Dave smile

Daedalus
Yeah, the white rudeboys in London say things like "Safe bruv" "Geeze" "Quality" and "Heavy" instead of normal words, I find this amusing. But non of that "Yo' nigga" stuff is said much over here. (I'm from London btw)

Tired Hiker
I hope I don't scare my kinship!

saucybird007
TH: laughing

Tired Hiker
All I know is that I shoot at least two minutes of video a month on these crazies.

the_only1
Scots dont need rap! they have their own talk you Call them NED's they just mumble stuff to each other!with their huddies on and a knife in their back pocket!! alien

rolling on floor laughing

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

thorncrawler
people in reading do it! in fact i would say more people in reading do than don't

Treehuggerjanie
yeah i mean fashion is different everywhere. Im pretty alone because im a mosher/goth. Few people at my school dress like me but i guess you can find what evil calls wannabe gangstas everywhere. It is just more exagerrated in America.

thorncrawler
goth is cool

Treehuggerjanie
Yeah and im cool! Ive got black hair which is cool.

thorncrawler
i wish i had black hair, insted of cr*ppy brown

Treehuggerjanie
mine is about 4 inches away from my wiast. I want it shorter cos its annoying!

thorncrawler
i LOVE long hair!!!!!!!!!!!

cermiestar
oh this really annoys me.....
i hate people who try to act like rappers and i HATE white people who pretend to be black......

but i don't really know much about it.....i don't like rap or garage or RnB.........

Treehuggerjanie
cool. I straighten mine so that its nice and shiny and staright!

burlyman
wiggas r hilarious laughing out loud

you dont really get it here in borin ol somerset wacko... just stoopid trevs..trendies... stick out tongue

mechmoggy
I didn't know you're an apple-picker Burly. wink

burlyman
im not an in-bred one stick out tongue

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

I visit Devon quite a bit, my company has a customer down there.

burlyman
we used to see my gran in plymouth a lot http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/rip.gif

and where are you then? wink

mechmoggy
In Brum.

I'm not a yam-yam though, bit too far away from the Black Country for that. Phew!

burlyman
Birmingham! eek!

you must have visited my pathetic little seaside town then wink
burnham-on-sea
i had to do a geography project on it roll eyes (sarcastic) conclusion: brummies go there

mechmoggy
Yeah, I've been on a couple of all day drinking sessions down there. It was good fun. Lots of pubs and everyone has funny accents.

Mrs.MM grandad still lives in Burnham.

burlyman
What the f**k? are you joking

cool

mechmoggy
Sorry, I changed that last post. Its Mrs.MM's grandad, not her old man.

Yeah, I'm serious.

burlyman
coolio http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cool.gif

Asami
Ok... In response to the querie.

I'm from central London, YES! We do have ghetto kids bring out the "yo *N" thing going on, not very pleasing to the senses when heard, makes me cringe, what the hell, popped right out of a P Diddy MTV or something now? Whats it with old banger cars with a soundblaster in the boot? The stereostystem probably cost more than the car itself!

But then, unfortunately, there are all sorts of people from different backgrounds and ethnicities that attempt the bad boy ghetto act.

Education is free here 'til the age of 16, so take advantage of it!

Oh and English is an accent.. it just varies from location to location.... smile

jacksparrow22
i hate it when they pretend to be black....such posers.....especially since this is westchester for gods sake! (at least where i am it is) like they will come up to me and say "yo wuts crackin, shawty?" (spelled phonetically) and i just look at them and say "excuse me, who the f*ck do you think you are?" just because we live around so called "ghetto" areas doesnt mean that they have to be ghetto.....i dont like it when they are preppy either but whatever wink

diegocala
laughing out loud laughing out loud Not even Italians? How about Germans? Or Swedes? laughing out loud

burlyman
laughing out loud

Vader
Eminem is a disgrace to humanity.

Evil Dead
Man..........this thread got racist in a hurry didn't it. "acting black"...."wigger".......

I was posting about Suburban boys who live in nice houses, in nice areas, have a great home life, go to good schools, etc. acting like they are ghetto fabulous rappers.........wearing their pants hanging off their ass, talking like they are uneducated and do not know how to correctly pronounce words, etc.

This has nothing to do with white or black.

Using bad English and improper grammar in your speech has nothing to do with color. It is a derivative of your environment......more specificly either a poor educational system or bad parents who do not emphasize the importance of learning. Yes, most of this occurs in the poorer "ghetto" areas of large urban cities. I do not agree with associating this with being black. There are poor white kids who grow up in ghetto areas with poor education or bad parental support too.

If you see a white guy dressed like Eminem saying things like, "Dat ain't cool dog.....dis be how it done"......that does not mean he is "acting black". I'm not even black and I find that offensive. You are saying that because this white boy is acting uneducated he is acting black. Not all white people are educated and know how to speak proper English.......not all black people are uneducated.

I made this post as I find it extremely amusing when I see young people pretending to be something they are not. Seeing young guys in suburbia who probably go to a private school pretending to be ghetto hard thugs amuses me greatly, be they white or black. White boys do this.......black boys do to. My friend/co-worker (who is black) has a son who does this. He has grown up his whole life in Elizabethtown, Ky......is on the honor role at school.......goes to church.....treats everybody with respect.........but when he goes out in public he starts speaking in improper English and dressing like a rapper. Basically pretending to be somebody he's not.

Please stop with all of the racist crap..........acting uneducated is in no way acting black.

dave123
I only know 1 person thats white and can make talking like that sound natural, and not make him look like a dumbass. I'm not saying ever black person that does it makes it sound normal, but the majority do, nor am I saying that every black person will talk like that. However, it is only the white kids that I actually find funny trying to immate them.

In a simple answer- "yes, people in England do try to immitate rappers"

Evil Dead
Thank you Dave!!! the simple answer I was looking for.

Now here is what I need.

I need you to go out in public and shoot video footage of them doing this! I will give you a few bucks and pay for shipping. I MUST see some kids talking like this with an English accent!! This must be the funniest thing in the world.

DeNiro
I hate wiggers they r so stupid i am like duh dont u dumbasses know that u r white. But i hate rap i listen to all the heavy metal head banging shit but i dont dress like a idiot with my hair spiked up to the ceiling and wear cloths that look like u just got them out of a dracula movie. I kinda find it dumb when people listen to music and try to be a poser and dress and act like it also i mean cant ya just listen to what u like and then leave it at that

Evil Dead
Deniro.....I love you man.......you are one of my favorite people on KMC........

-sigh-...........I hate to have to point this out.

Your post is racist and offensive two-fold.

1. The term "wigger" is short for white-****** .......I think you can see how this is racist and offensive.

2. Because these white kids are going around acting stupid and uneducated, they are acting black. Black people do not act like this and dress like this.......Rappers and gangsters act and dress like this. The majority of black people dress and act just as you and I do. There is no difference other than skin color.

Please do not lump all black people in together with the uneducated gangster wannabe young boys you see on MTV or the young boys you see in your local community who are emulating the uneducated gangster rappers they see on MTV. This is but a tiny portion of an entire population. It is just as offensive as if all black people thought of all white people as being toothless hillbillies who walk around barefoot with a jug of moonshine. This is ofcourse far from the truth.

clispin
we have it slightly different. we have NED's. they are the most foul creatures on the planet with the squeaky voices tight jeans, sports socks over their trackies and their stupidity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.