Event Horizon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
Who thinks this film rocks? eek!
Who has never heard of it? laughing

Primitive Screwhead #1
I think the storyline was somewhat compromised for the over-the-top gore level... it could have been so much more, especially with the caliber of acting talent in the movie. It was amazing to see how many people actually left the theater on this one. Still, I wouldn't call the movie bad... it was one of Paul Anderson's better directorial efforts.

A.D. Skinner
Not willing to say it rocked, for it did offer a medium for those Sci-Fi fans as well as the horror fans. If offered a few moments of thrills and suspense, as well as the comic relief.

I give it 2 1/2 stars

samhain
I think it was a good film even though it was basically the shining in space.

tabby999
i recon it kicked ass! its ****ing cool. its got all the stuff people whinge isn't in other movies, psycological fear, a cool bad guy, a good plot, gore, go event horizon

Mordecai
This movie did indeed kick ass.

Although i haven't seen it in awhile, from what i remember it was awesome.

I'll have to watch it again soon. yes

eggmayo
I watched it again the other night, and i realized that the total lump of sh*te that is Ghost Ship is almost exactly the same.
Both ships vanish.
Both ships are located fifteen years later.
Both ships have salvagers go to them.
Both ships have an evil presence on board them.
There are more things, but i can't be assed to write them here sleep

sandman
^ 0.o i hadn't noticed that....

Mordecai
Yeah but the only good thing about Ghost Ship is the opening scene with the wire. yes

eggmayo
Mordecai u are right
Apart from the bit where the gas starts to undo, which is kind of cool

Striel
I LOVE this movie. Event Horizon is in my top...15 horror movies for sure.

Evil Dead
I like Event Horizon alot............

It's like they took the The Shining, Hellraiser, and 2001 A Space Odyssey and combined them. There is nothing wrong with that. We should only hope all horror movies have elements of The Shining and Hellraiser in them.

Zilverz
an excellent SCi-Fi Horror movie

I own the DVD

amlap
awesome movie... but maybe that is because i saw it when i was a lil lad, and i sw some naked eating women... big grin

miggfl
I watched it again the other night, and i realized that the total lump of sh*te that is Ghost Ship is almost exactly the same.
Both ships vanish.
Both ships are located fifteen years later.
Both ships have salvagers go to them.
Both ships have an evil presence on board them.

I totally totally disagree that they are similar. The vague points you refer to could be strewn across hoardes of horror movies. "Both ships have an evil presence" ? LOL Well its a horror movie, of course they do.

1. Both ships vanished, but Ghost Ship went adrift and was never heard from again, Event Horizon attempted subspacial travel and went to another dimension. not quite the same.

2. Event horizon wasn't quite 15 years later, and ghost ship was over 40 years later.

3. Ghost Ship had salvagers driven by money and greed to get the ship. Event horizon they were basically forced to go back out there, for a bit more money on a rescue and research mission.

4. its horror, theres evil, big grin

All in all, honestly I liked ghost ship, the whole thing, start to finish. And I loved event horizon. I think they could do a leetsauce sequel to it with fishburne as a nasty baddie.

stinkfist462
KICKS ASS !!

Cinemaddiction
Saw it this afternoon, and thought it was pretty creepy. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the "left behind" crew member. His "fiery" schtick was a little out of place.

Otherwise, a pretty solid Sci Fi/Horror. I got it on VHS, so I am sure the DVD is better quality.

Striel
My husband says that this movie was VERY creepy to watch in the theater, I didn't have the chance to see it there, but I can imagine.

papabeard
I thought it was really good, like they took aspects of Aliens and the shining and other sci-fi and shit and they made it work. I thought it was very effective , especially the tapes and the bit where he is in the vent and the lights flicker on and off and that woman appears, . Great Stuff

Cinemaddiction
Well, this was made in Sam Neill's prime, and it shows. Kind of funny to see Laurence in a ship other than the Nebuchadnezzar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.