anakin's lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
ok, in every clip ive seen in both trailers, obi-wan has a blue lightsaber. if you remember from episode I, obi-wan lost his blue one and was left with qui-gon's green lightsaber. in the breathing trailer, we see one scene with obiwan and anakin running together, anakin has a GREEN saber, and obi-wan has a blue one. then we see another clip of anakin fighting dooku, and anakin has a BLUE saber. any thoughts on this? perhaps anakin has been using qui-gon's saber as a gift from obi-wan, and during some point in the movie, he either uses obi-wan's or constucts his own blue saber maybe?

Bragg2012
ani starts with a greeen saber. then he either makes his own durin the film or he picks the blue one up of a dead jedi..either way this blue one might be the one luke gets in ANH

bigsef2
if he got it from a dead jedi, wouldnt it have to be obi-wan? anakin and obi-wan arent present in the big arena fight, are they?

Bragg2012
yeah! at the end of the trailer we see ani, obi and padme getting locked up inside the genosis arena

bigsef2
that place where theyre getting tied up looks like tatooine, not the genosis arena. isnt the genosis arena on the water planet where it always rains?

queeq
My guess is that Anakin uses OB1's sabre for a bit while fighting Dooku.

Bragg2012
check the trailer again.. look at the ppl in the background they are definatley in the arena. the water planet is called Kamino which is where Obi wan and Jango have the battle in the rain.

bigsef2
thanks. i actually just discovered that this website has a complete story line and that cleared things up. im not to pleased with using "attack of the clones" as the title now. it seems the ending has the clones getting READY to attack. oh well. and i think its stupid that dooku cuts of anakins arm. anakin is supposed to be the most powerful jedi. like dooku could cut his arm off. besides, i think it would be better for obiwan to be the one to kick his ass.

yerssot
and I'm still not sure about that arm thing...

btw: well, Anakin has to make his sabre, a blue one, according to ANH; but why has he got two different colors, why making it in the middle of a movie?

Bragg2012
luke done the same thing but the other way round lol.

god knows why he chose blue over green

yerssot
EU has it that you don't know it, it depends on the crystals you use...

Ushgarak
Anakin has the most powerful POTENTIAL. He is not fully trained yet. To be upset that Dooku beats him is nonsense; Dooku at this point is FAR more powerful, skilled and dangerous than Anakin. Period.

BTW, in the 'Choices' preview on the DVD site, Obi-Wan is using a green sabre.

Bragg2012
choices??

care to explain?

Ushgarak
It was a mini-preview that was on the DVD site from the start. A series of high-quality stills of characters linked with music and a question attached to each charatcer. Obi-Wan's question was 'What are the conesquences of failure', and the shot is him holding a green sabre.

sand person no. 10
i think of the choices trailer, mace's caption is the most important one. gone too far doing what, the clones, training anakin, maybe he betrays the council in trying to defeat palpatine. maybe he's palpatines apprentice and dooku is just a "slave"?

yerssot
well there is one in the JC that knows that the Sith are rising ...

bigsef2
i dont know, but with the general biblical parallels in star wars, its likely that george lucas will have someone on the council (which has 12 jedi) betray them. just like judas, who was one of the 12 apostles, betrayed jesus. and the only jedi we know right now on the council are really mace and yoda. and we know yoda doesnt do it. so i think mace may very well betray them. but theres really no reason to, since anakin and palpatine could do it fine themselves. well have to see i guess

yerssot
why not Yoda?
and perhaps Darth Legion exists big grin and is he actually Mace

Ushgarak
I just want to re-state that there are no conspicuous biblical parraells in Star Wars.

yerssot
yet big grin

Dim
There might be..there might not be...who can say

Ushgarak
We all can, Dim. Note my use of the word CONSPICUOUS. There are no obivous biblical references, unlike obvious onwes to Greek, Roman and Indian mythologies, Wetserns, Flash Gordon, Campbell's theory and so on.

People keep mistaking Anakin's birth for a bibilical reference, but that is way off base.

yerssot
I didn't said that!

Ushgarak
Didn't say you did.

yerssot
I thought so!

King Jedi
Wouldn't you say Anakin = Lucifer? As far as his fall goes.

Honestly if Mace turns out to be a traitor I'm going to put it in every post for the next year because I've thought that since the very first time I saw TPM and no one agreed with me. I'm going to gloat like never before!big grin

Ushgarak
queeq agreed with you, surely. He;s been thinking that for ages; so do all the beardis. It's a very old rumour.

King Jedi
I've been saying that before Queeq joined Raz's forums. Who are the Beardis?

Ushgarak
You don't know anout the Beardi's? Odd...

I think I mentioned the theory of <Mace turning back on Raz's site in January 2000 when I posted a fan theory there.

King Jedi
Well I've been saying it long before then.stick out tongue

ToMacco
In the second trailer, freeze frame it when Anakin is getting hit by those lightning rods. You can see him quickly turning off a green sabre, and it's not Qui-gon's.

yerssot
well, Darth can use it,so it's not that special I think

dark lord
wow force lightning, i havent seen the dvd preveiw god i cant wait any longer. dooku will take obi wan and anakins lightsabres when he captures them both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.