anakins turn to the dark side...when?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
several people have said that anakin might not turn until near the end of episode iii, and i half-remember lucas saying something to that effect. personally, i think it would make more sense to have him turn, or atleast leave a "cliff-hanger" at the end of AOTC where anyone who hadnt seen the later episodes would have to wait until episode iii to see if he decided to chose the light or dark side. but from the trailers, it seems like anakin might stay good until the end of this one. which i personally think would be a rip-off. if the turn doesnt happen until the end of episode iii, we arent going to be able to see anakin, "hunt down and destroy" the jedi, which is something ive been looking forward to see.

yerssot
From what I've heared is that Anakin will turn in the middle of EpIII...
And besides, how will GL explain that in 1 year only 2 jedis survived?
I really really REALLY want to see Anakin fighting Mace!

Ushgarak
There is simply not credible time in the story for him to turn in AOTC. It's stretching it enough for him to fall in 3 after only four hours time as an adult.

Ratcat
We will start to see signs of his turning, flashes Hayden Christensen descibed them as. But his actual fall will be during Episode-III, that is a given IMHO.

sand person no. 10
if anakin doesn't turn by the end of ep2, the lucas has got a lot to fit into ep3. Anakin turning, ob1 beating anakin, vader being suited, the jedi falling. i think anakin will fall at the end of ep2 and beat dooku and the last shot will be anakin talking to palpatine.

Ushgarak
I am afraid you are almost certainly wrong

sand person no. 10
can you come up with a better idea for anakin turning, bearing in mind theirs one film left.

Ushgarak
Seeds laid (mother's death) in 2, final surge of anger in 3.

But in any case, it doesn[t matter if I can come up with something better; what you say is at variance with facts likely to be true about the film. Dooku is almost certainly in III and Anakin still good at the end of it.

ToMacco
We damn well better see the death's of the Jedi, and Anakin in the black suit.

Ushgarak
Too many Jedi. It is not unlikely that they are wiped out between III and IV.

finti
I think we will se Anakin suit up in Vaders gear at the end of EPIII, isnt there soemthing about James Earl Jones being cast for EPIII?

Ushgarak
Endless rumours and discussions with the man himself. It is pretty likely, but still nothing concrete.

yerssot
if you look at the thread "EpIII theory" you will see that he THINKS he is going to be in it for the last 5 minutes...

Ushgarak
He's been saying that for about 4 years now. No-one is sure at all, but it is not a bad bet.

yerssot
yeah, if it's not going to happen the shock of him being Anakin is big!

King Jedi
I don't think there is any way we will see Anakin destroy the Jedi in the prequels.
Unless it happens right from the start of Episode3.

yerssot
so you only have the phrase:

"Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine, betrayed and murdered the Jedi Knights"

sad

Ushgarak
That's not the line. He betrayed and murdererd YOUR FATHER, Obi-Wan said.

yerssot
woops, sorry

King Jedi
Before we knew anything about AOTC this is what I thought would happen-

Anakin would leave the Jedi Order at the end of EP2. Somewhere between Ep2 and 3 he would join Palpatine but no one knew about it.
By the start of EP3 the Jedi were fighting in the clone wars and were being killed by Palpatines new apprentice(Anakin) but no one knew it was him. He was wearing a mask or armour or something like that. He hadn't fully turned to the dark side but was near enough there. When the Jedi found out Obi-Wan tried to turn him back. They had a fight. Anakin went into the lava and became Vader.

I'm not saying I think this any more but I don't see any other way where we could see him kill all the Jedi unless it happens at the start of EP3.

bigsef2
i had the same thoughts with you as to how things should happen, atleast to make sense, but as we know how, from how aotc ends, theres no way for that to happen, and unless episode III is 4 hours long, we are not going to see anakin hunt down the jedi knights. i think epIII will probably end with anakin joining palpatine and just STARTING down the dark path. then in episode IV, we find out when obiwan tells luke that anakin killed all the jedi. which really stinks, but the way lucas wrote the prequels, theres no other way for it to happen. phantom menace was a complete waste of a movie. AOTC should have been episode I, then the next episode should be anakins turn, and the final should be him as vader hunting down the jedi and ending with the birth of the skywalker twins, ben going to tatooine, and yoda fleeing to dagobah and having that all out force war with the dark jedi and killing him in the cave where luke discovered the dark side in ESB, but lucas wanted a stinking podrace with anakin as a little boy, so that screwed everything up.

ToMacco
In ANH Ben did say Vader "helped the empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights"

If Lucas doesn't show that, I'm gonna cut off his junk!eek! eek!

Ushgarak
Best get sharpening your junk cutter then.

ToMacco
That really makes me mad. What was the point of making these movies then? He HAS to show how the Jedi are destroyed. He can't just assume we will all accept Ben's brief explination of it.

I don't think Lucas is stupid enough to not show that. He has to show most of them killed off, at least. I think a lot of them will die in II, killed by Dooku.

Ushgarak
ALot of them may, though highly uinlikey to be personall slain by Dooku.

But the point is that the Jedi Purge (10,000 or so to get through, remember) will happen between trilogies; we see the beginning of the end.

ToMacco
Think about it. At the end of I, the Jedi knew it was a Sith that killed Qui-gon, and they knew there was AT LEAST one other out there (the master or the apprentace).

Now, ten years later, do you really think the Jedi will have been sitting on their thumbs waiting for the Sith to make another move? No way. Mace"We will use all of our resources to unravel this mystery"

We are gonna see some Jedi die in II. I know it!

Ushgarak
Yes, some die in the final battle.

We don;t need much speculation on this, To. Most of it as pretty accurately known.

Dooku doesn;t kill them, though. Probably.

But nowhere near enough die to start tje problem, and it is bog all to do with Anakin anyway.

BTW, it really does seem that the COuncil have not been doing much...

ToMacco
Well, you've read the scriptment, right? I havn't. So I don't even know who this punk Dooku is (other than when I see you guys talking about it)

I think we're going to see some on the council die.

Ushgarak
Yes, apparently so. Not that that much makes sense to me. Basically the Jedi go hardcore into a battle and got into more trouble than they expected, right? But I don;t understand why they brought th whole Council with them so some of them could die; thats just odd. And it must be one HELL of a badd odds situation to kill sucxh powerful Jedi!

Of course, the scriptment isn;t 100% accurare, but it is getting harder to dispute.

King Jedi
Thousands of Jedi will die in Ep3 during the clone wars. That's what we will see.
Anakin will then help the Empire hunt down and kill the ones that get away. We won't see this though. And we won't really have to.

All the Jedi we know, will die in Episode3 apart from Obi-Wan and Yoda. Why do you want to see Anakin kill Jedi that we dont even know?Just for the sake of seeing him kill? We'll see him do this during the clone wars.

We WILL see the important events.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.