Big Read...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Who's been watching it? I have - its really inspired me for new reading matter!

badkittykitty
ah-ha! i heard mech talking about this show...I read somewhere they give away prizes. is that true?

Phoenix
I hadn't heard that... I think the point is just to find out the nation's ((uk's)) fave book

mechmoggy
LOTR is gonna walk it, mainly due to a certain trilogy of movies I suspect.

The Big Read has been great though, I've gotten a few Chrimbo present ideas for me and other people from watching that show. I still can't believe I've never thought of reading Wuthering Heights, it sounds class. cool

Phoenix
You HAVE to read it. I only started reading it because we were studying it for english, but as soon as you get out of lockwood's bit and into nelly dean's story, you'll be riveted!

mechmoggy
I bought Mrs.MM two books for Chrimbo today, I got her "Rebecca" and one called "Blowfly", which she asked for.

Phoenix
oooh! I really wanna read rebecca!

I've just finished '1984'. It made me want to cry, it was so bleak.

crazy_c
Yeah the big read is really cool i read wuthering heights because of it

Phoenix
wuthering heights is wonderful - a little hard to get into at first, but stick with it!

crazy_c
yeh i did read it i thought it was really good

Phoenix
cool!

russ_mathers
i think the book dat will win, would be a book that was made into a film. if ppl thought the film was gd den they're bound to just vote for the book.
1984, george orwell was a true visionary, of the way the world would b espically after 9/11. Even though J. R. Tolkien invented an intricate and complex world of 'Middle Earth', they drowned his intelligence by making the films, don't get me wrong i loved the films. but as a book it was purely magnificent.

crazy_c
cool the finals on tonight

mechmoggy
Really?

Cool and the gang. cool

crazy_c
Hey mechmoggy you were right about lotr winning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.