Book Club ((Yes, I realise I'm a total geek!))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
who'd like to be part of a KMC book club? Each month we pick a book ((maybe bkk has last word?)) then rad it then chat about it. whaddya think?

Lord Soth
I'm in! (geek as well big grin)

PadfootsPyrefly
There is nothing wrong with being a geek ^.^ Anyway, I'm in! It sound cool!

mors823
I like reading. If I can get the book, I'm in. I'm reading a book in school, so I don't know if I'll have time. If i do, then I'll love to be in it.

Trinity_Matrix
I'd be interested, that's for sure ^_^

badkittykitty
I was thinking a book club to...I couldnt think of how to go about it...thanks phoe! big grin

Lord Soth
Yay! Book Club!

Phoenix
yay! I'm not alone in my geekness!

mechmoggy
I wish I had more time to be involved, I'm very busy with my final year degree project at the moment. Can I still pop in and talk about the books if I've already read them?

I'll be finishing my Uni course in June 04, it'll be great if I could join then. big grin

badkittykitty
of coarse mech! jump in any time! big grin
congrats on finishing your degree this coming year..thats a awesome accomplishment big grin

Phoenix
yeh, mech, it'll only be one a month probably, so you might find time, ya don't know! well done with your degree - I START mine in september!

mechmoggy
Have you decided where your going yet Pheo?

BTW, I still have to finish 2 modules by Feb and a further 2 modules from Feb to June, so technically I'm still knee deep in work.

Phoenix
I'm probably going to St Mary's - they said they'd accept me on two C's, which is great! I think for English and Proffessional and Creative Writing.

I have waaaaaaaaay too much work too! 3 modules in jan, one in april, and about ten in june!

badkittykitty
I'm proud of you guys thats great! I cant wait to back to college,my work got to demanding to do both..

crazy_c
woo book club sounds like my kinda thing yes i know my geekiness is shing on all of you

badkittykitty
okay we are gonna make a polll some time this and pick a book for jan... wink

Lord Soth
Who's Jan?

crazy_c
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Soth
Ah, of course. Pardon my stupidity stick out tongue

Schizo_n_me
Hey, can I be a geek too?

badkittykitty
yes of coarse..I will put up a poll of books we can choose from and the winner of the poll will be our book...I'll get that together this weekend(sorry ive been dragging my heels...christmas is killing me!)

mechmoggy
And world domination is no picnic either....

Lord Soth
It's difficult to try and take over the world when you have a Creative Writing paper due....big grin

Schizo_n_me
laughing out loud

PadfootsPyrefly
Yeah, seriously. Coming up with more plans to rule the world AND christmas buying AND a new book report...

badkittykitty
...and I am dealing with crashing my kat mobile...time is not being kind to the kat krusader

Lord Soth
Aaack, I'm procratinating as I type! I'm supposed to be working on this FREAKING PAPER!!!!

cermiestar
oh yay book club!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i join!!???

Lord Soth
cliche, but: The More the Merrier!

DBZFan
I am in, but uh, what if we don't have the book? lol, library anyone?

rinoa
wahooo im in

Julie
I'm a geek too.....er but I haven't the time to actually read a book on command and actualy spend time chatting away about it....
sorry....but I do share a love of books

DBZFan
Just think of it as a book report. XD

Lord Soth
Book Discussion is more like it

badkittykitty
okay promise I'll make that poll for us to choose a book tomorrow..I wanted to make sure I got everyone suggestions in..and id like to thank all the support we have got on this! I can only put ten books on the poll so if something that was suggested isnt on it please forgive your bkk. smile

I'll leave the poll up for only one week and the winner will be our book. stick out tongue
thanks again everyone!!

mechmoggy
Can we read "Production and Operations Management" by Chase, Aquilano and Jacobs. Its all I have going at the moment..... whistle

cermiestar
what about.....the illiad!!! i love that!

badkittykitty
The Iliad By Homer ? I can include that...mech you'll have doing your homework by the end of the month lol...good idea my kutie kat side kick!

Corlindel
eek! Great!!!

May I belong to the club? stick out tongue

h0ck3yh0rr0r
if u include illiad my vote goes to it. pure classic.

Reborn Again
Call me a geek.

Lord Soth
Reborn, you're a geek stick out tongue

badkittykitty
lol!

cermiestar
yay! tyhe illiad is in there!

rinoa
has the book club list been posted and if so where?

badkittykitty
well i made a poll for us to choose from and the end of the week I'll make the threads for the one that getts the most votes....its at the top of the pg..sticky note wink

rinoa
am being completely dumb here i know but what is a sticky note and where is it?

badkittykitty
the thread above this one called" please vote for januarys book for the book of the month" if you get a chance to vote please do big grin

(you know when you first come to the book forum..the very top thread)

rinoa
ah right ive subscribed to the thread so i just get a link to the newest post on here havent been on the actull forums for a few days soz

badkittykitty
oh..well just in case i sent ya a pm wink

rinoa
ty i got it and voted

badkittykitty
cool thanks smile

RonzMyBoy
I wanna join, but I'm more of a nerd is that okay with yall?

Lord Soth
Geeks, freaks, nerds, dorks, dweebs, weirdos, we welcome all!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.