Can You Answer This Question? What makes a person cheat on their partner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-=Urot=-
More specifically....

Why do woman and men cheat? Do they cheat for the same reasons?

If not, what makes the sexes differ in their attitudes towards cheating on a partner.

Are men trying to sow their wild oats? Are women looking for love?

Is it just sex? Do they care about the people they hurt? Is it all about them and their needs?

So what exactly makes a person cheat on their partner?

I would like for you all to think about it. Then post some thought about this topic.

I would like to hear both genders perspective on this one.

*Lets try to keep this one clean, so it does not get closed.*

silver_tears
stupidity, ignorance, and lust

Ness
sexual suff they wanna try someone new

lil bitchiness
Possibly for the same reason why men cheat on women!

wicker_man
Probably the adrenaline rush they get from all the covert sneaking around, just my theory.

SilverFighter
I guess it has to do with the thrill of getting caught....if that makes any sense.

ab012f9448
Crap sex.

diegocala
Desire to roam, and that is the same for both sexes!

BidMyBlood2Run
Wow.. deep question...

For something new, for lust, for love, for suspense, for the thrill... the list goes on. Different answers for different people.

Ness
ha

dave123
yeah, different people, different reasons

diegocala
Remember the first time you kissed someone? The feeling that you feel that first month after meeting someone you like?

Those feelings fade into companionship and get muffled up with other things that come with relationships.

It is that first feeling that we all crave, the heart thumping, the shakes...some have enough will power to avoid it and some do not! wink

BidMyBlood2Run
wow... good answer.. smile

Greek_girl
i never want to give up that wonderful feeling that i have with my new man!love its the most amazing feeling!

the love, lust, great passion every time we see each other is just something i dont think i could live without!

( p.s sorry if i have made you lot sick with my romance!) love

silver_tears
so you would never settle down huh
thats one of the greatest things too

Greek_girl
well i dont have the power to resist that feeling ........ i have cheated on somebody before but felt so guilty so i try to avoid doing it at all times!!!

silver_tears
cheating is very bad but staying in a relationship wihtout true feelings is worse

diegocala
agreed!

total metalhead
i know this is gonna sound bad but, boredom is the usual cause of cheating.

but i can safely say ive never cheated on anyone, and im proud of that, cos i know how hard it can be to resist.

dave123
urot, any reason why you're posting this?

Greek_girl
yea unfortunatly it was both boredom and drink that made me do it!

if i could change wat i did ten i would!

BUT NOW IM GONNA KEEP THIS GUY!!!

yerssot
I never got why you would ever cheat someone you truely love messed

silver_tears
thats the point if you dont love them enough to stay faithful then dont stay with them in the first place!

diegocala
Humans will trade 10 minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of guilt! Go figure!

yerssot
well, nobody is perfect and you shouldn't leave anyone just because things are not perfect

silver_tears
Cheating in my books is the worst....It breaks trust and not too mention if someone cheated on me I wouldnt stick around to find out if they would do it again!

SilverFighter
If you believe in forgiveness would you forgive your partner for cheating on you? Is the key to a good relationship forgiveness?

dave123
these questions are too vague for one post to answer

silver_tears
the key to a good relationship is not cheating in the first place stick out tongue

yerssot
true, for me it's one of the worst in the book too

though, I'm not sure about leaving immediatly, I would try and figure out why and such

SilverFighter
That sounds like a good answer smile

total metalhead
excactly. you go girlfriend!!!

silver_tears
Will do TM wink

yerssot
to where?

silver_tears
belgium eek!

silver_tears
No but I wanna keep this on topic becuz i feel strongly about this!!

yerssot
and because you remembered I live there

silver_tears
awww thats why I chose it int he first place wink

Greek_girl
i can understand forgiving one time, but, never anymore because then your the fool for letting them away with it!

i cant say im perfect, but, i could'nt cheat on a guy if i was truly in love because then i would be completely faithful!

-=Urot=-
Yes. I have had someone cheat on me twice in the past.

I know i'm not alone. So I wanted to get some other points of view about this hot topic.

I like what you guys have posted so far. Plz keep it up. smile

stinkfist462
im a guy....... and the only reason why i would cheat on a woman that i loved is to prolly get back at her.........otherwise
revenge

LarryTheArch
the only reason for me... no I wouldnt do that to a person I knew that loved me... otherwise, its all good

GABRIEL05
If I didn't care for the relationship I would cheat but I rarely get that many offers at one time.

badkittykitty
I honestly feel monogamy is not in human nature no matter how much we would like it to be.we are animals and our minds tell us its wrong,what we are taught tells us its wrong...then why do we yearn to do these things even if you love your mate?

lil bitchiness
Yeah..totally agree Kitty...thumb up

ok, the whole ''getting hurt'' thing, i asked this question in GDF a wile back, what would you rather hear from your partner after of lifetime together:

I've never cheated on you, but ive never loved you

or

I cheated on you but i always loved you?!

WE are animals, like Chrissy said, and its lust, change, boredon...we are always tempted no matter how much we choose to deny that...

BackFire
There is no excuse for cheating on your partner, I know humans aren't meant to be with one person, blah blah blah. But that is irrelevent, if you can't control your urges then you should not start a relationship.

Tired Hiker
I just watched Eyes Wide Shut which was one of the few movies that deals with cheating as it's main theme. Not the greatest movie, but I liked the tension bewteen Tom and Nicole. Nicole goes on and on about how she fantisizes about other men and Tom trys so many times to cheat on her but ends up drowning in a pool of his own guilt until he snaps and finally they have a long talk and they work it out instead of ending the relationship. The last line of the movie is Nicole telling Tom, "there is one thing that we do have to do . . . . . .f*ck." It was like they forgot about eachother and they just needed to go have some really hard knucklebiting sex.

Veralidaine
to be honest i dont tink i could ever cheat on sumone, especially if dey really did love me, n even if i lusted after sumone else, i stil wouldnt do it.......no way no how.....

lil bitchiness
I think its lust...and the excitment of doing something you shouldnt...with smoeone you shouldnt..

Tired Hiker
My last gf became unattractive to me. Isn't that a horrible thing to say? I'm so glad it's over between us.

Veralidaine
u mean she wasnt physically attractive?

lil bitchiness
She BECAME unattractive...how? confused
That then means that she wasnt all that attractive to you in the first place....

My ex is very unattractive to me now...ugh! loser! but he wasnt at the time we broke up...confused

Tired Hiker
She gained weight. It turned me off. I'm so shallow. But there were other issues. It just wasn't meant to be.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...you sound shallow now.

How much weithg did she gain?! confused

Veralidaine
well, i guess wit most ppl sum tings lyk dat can turn u off.......specially ppl my age ( not sayin i'm lyk dat...coz i aint shallow) but its lyk a guy in yr. 8 will ask you out coz ur hot, n datz it, no, 'i tink u got a nice personality' or, 'ur such a nice person' but its does sh*t me how dese days ppl only concentrtae on image, but , TH, if dat wasnt de only reason , den u broke up for a different reason , so dat says dat u aint shallow........(shit i go on too much)

lil bitchiness
Thats true....but i hate guys who come up to me thinking that im good only for sex! That pisses me off! I hate that, its just shit! i get so angry with guys who are not interested in what i have to say, but only want to go with you....and there were few...
I hate shallow guys, especially with their standards too high, because in 40 years time the beauty will fade, and if you are stuck with a person that has no personality...is just crap!
I mean looks are important, you arent gonna come up to some with a bag over their head, but looks shouldnt be the dominating factor...

Tired Hiker
I said there were other issues as well, and the weight thing added to it, it wasn't the determining factor in our break up. Sorry if I'm shallow. I can't help it. sad

lil bitchiness
There is no need to apologize, i didnt say i hated you, i was just generalising....the guys that are shallow in general...

Thats just you, if for you looks are what counts, than thats ok...smile
We are all different...
Im the worse when it comes to the way guy looks, i tend to be shallow too...but i am not generaly so, when it comes to relationships and stuff im not....if that makes sense..
I make a very clear differance between the guy i wanna do once or twice and say goodbye, you are hot, sex was good see ya arround, and the guy i wanna have relationship with, and i wanna make work out...

lil bitchiness
big grin I love you all..you are all great!

Tired Hiker
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't settle for just any skinny chick. She has to be smart and sort of wierd too. If she's a bit thick and I'm crazy for her, then I guess it's okay, as long as I'm crazy for her.

lil bitchiness
Whatever rocks your boat Hiker!! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boat.gif

teeheehttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/teehee.gif

sorry bkk..hehe..couldnt help it

Tired Hiker
I like women who growl!

lil bitchiness
I like scrattyness!! Spontainous(sp) guys....messy short dark hair...piercing here and there...teeheehttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/teehee.gif

Tired Hiker
I have to go to bed now. It's been swell! *gives Lils a sloppy wet kiss on her cheek* Hah hah!! Cheeky Monkey eek!

lil bitchiness
*wipes cheek* ewww...saliva!! teehee!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/teehee.gif

*kisses back on the cheek...not sloppy*

DeNiro
Lust or they just dont like the person they r with ne more or they cant be with just one person for the rest of there lives or they just want to have a thrill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.