Movies you went to see thinking it was amazing, yet sucked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
This is the opposite of mindbugaling's thread of a similar name. What movie did you go to see, thinking it would kick ass, but it ended up being less than you expected, or even turned out really bad

Top of my list: Matrix Revolutions-I guess I had too high expectation for this, b/c it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be
Hulk-This just plain sucked
Cat in the Hat- I knew I wouldn't like it, but I ended up loathing that worthless excuse for a movie

wicker_man
The Matrix ~ I heard so many good things about this film, i thought i have got to and see this, after seeing it for the first time my intial reaction was "Was that it!".

SilverFighter
Top of my list is Matrix Reloaded it just never got me interested. The first one left me wanting to know more but the sequel did not deliver for me. sad

Lord Soth
I loved the Matrix, and Reloaded was enjoyable, but Revolutions was supposed to be the payoff, and I was left wanting at the end

SilverFighter
I haven't seen Revolutions yet so I can't really give you my opinion on the trilogy. Reloaded never click with me too much of a cloudy story for me. There is no question about the first Matrix film it really kick ass!!

Kes
Pulp Fiction...I didnt go see it thou.
I had heard great things about it, really wanted to see it. Finally saw it and wtf?! It sucks. Editing is amazing thou.

Lord Soth
Haven't seen it. I've heard it was great too, though

Kes
Yes I had too messed

glenn
Matrix-revolutions. It asked more questions than the other two.

98R1
The Transporter, didnt even watch it all

Primitive Screwhead #1
Battlefield: Earth still has left emotional scarring on me. That has to rate as the WORST movie in the history of humankind. Don't know why I expected anything out of that movie. Had I read the reviews beforehand, I could have saved myself the trauma.

Strangelove
bumping, because it's a valid topic ermm

Röland
Didn't see it in theaters obviously but The Exorcist, all my friends and even my parents said it was the scariest movie ever made.

I watched it at a Halloween party and I was just like "This doesn't even make me jump."

Impediment
The Matrix Reloaded
The Amityville Horror (2005)
X-Men 3

I think of a few more..............

exanda kane
Spiderman

The Core
I don't think I've ever got my hopes up that high for any movie.

Solo
"Saw" comes to mind. The original internet trailer made it out to be ****ing crazy.

EPIIIBITES
Matrix Reloaded...On second viewing it's a very decent film, but when I first saw it I was kinda bumbed, especially when Colonel Sanders made his appearance near the end. I was like wt...what's with the philosophy lesson?

Star Wars episodes I, II, and especially III. Thought it'd go out with a bang, but nothing really amazing stuck out, and near the end I couldn't believe I actually found myself wanting for the movie to end..."ok...give birth to the babies, put on the mask, give the twins away...lets go" Hence my name.

Marxman
Attack of the Clones. The best part of the movie was when Padame and Anakin were sitting in front of the fire and she had that dress that pushed her boobs up. That was hot.

Saw 2 sucked big monkey ballage.

The Producers. I actually didn't mean to go see this. I wanted to see another movie but it was rated R and I was taking my younger cousin out and she's was only 16 at the time so we had to pick another movie and we decided on the Producers. It sucked.

snowultra
i would say-----prime, because i said so, pirates 2,

WrathfulDwarf
Whoah, old thread....new additions....

Episode III

28 days

Van Helsing

Aliens vs. Predator

Troy

Alexander

Darth Vicious

amity75
Tha Da Vinci Code. I remember saying to my friends that I thought there was a chance it could become the highest grossing movie of all time. Then I saw it and it's pretty much unwatchable. A terrible, terrible movie.

allofyousuckkk
pirates 2
harry potter 1-3
scary movie 4

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
scary movie 4
What's "scary" about that is that you actually went into 2 and 3 (and heck, even 1) thinking they were gonna be good. Eek! stick out tongue

exanda kane
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
What's "scary" about that is that you actually went into 2 and 3 (and heck, even 1) thinking they were gonna be good. Eek! stick out tongue

Yep haha

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Soth
Haven't seen it. I've heard it was great too, though Originally posted by Kes
Yes I had too messed
Which makes sense...since it is.

Mr Parker
Lets see,movies that I thought I would love but ended up despising very much? Hmm for the moment,The Wickerman with nicholas cage,Batman 89-looked promising from the trailer but unfortunately the trailer was the best part of the movie,Phone Booth,Signs.all I can think of at the moment.

sithsaber408
Usually I never go to the theatre unless I know that I'll like the film.

I rarely ever get a clunker.

That said, I was a little pissed as the credits rolled on Van Helsing. stick out tongue

Jax_Jax
fight club

dirkdirden
Black daliha

That it for recent movies.

The Hawk
Of recent movies, Id say Saw 3.... Part 1 and 2 were okay, and I was expecting 3 to be at least equally good... but was hugely disapointed at how pathetic and lame it was. I actually wanted to leave before it ended....

Originally posted by wicker_man
The Matrix ~ I heard so many good things about this film, i thought i have got to and see this, after seeing it for the first time my intial reaction was "Was that it!".

And this comes to mind too,... A friend of mine had come home after watching it, claiming The Matrix to be the greatest movie he'd ever seen.... when I watched it, it was just okay.

as for part 2 and 3, I havnt even been able to sit thru more then 30 mins of part 2.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bardock42
Which makes sense...since it is. Yes, I know that now stick out tongue

Supreme being
Originally posted by Jax_Jax
fight club

Most people dont like it on their first view but i recommend you give it another go its a great film.

allofyousuckkk
i agree

saw 3 may have been the biggest dissapointment ever

as well as happy feet and hoodwinked

i thought they'd be as good as finding nemo and ice age, but they werent

chez
Pirates 2. One long two-and-a-half hour cringe.

Mona Lisa Smile. After all the ads and the good cast, very overrated. It wasn't even really that inspiring on a weepy chick-flick level.

Star Wars Episode II. I liked it at first. I've since seen the error of my ways.

DanZeke25
Sin City

But I didn't really expect it to be good because I thought it looked stupid to begin with.

systemshock2
"Napoleon Dynamite": I just don't get this movie. I'm into quirky comedic films like Rushmore, Election, and About Schmidt, but this movie was just plain weird. A bunch of scattered scenes jumbled into one film. The movie was okay, it definitely had its moments, but it certainly wasn't to me the best comedy of all time, at least based on my friends kept telling me.

"Crash": Luckily I saw this at the $1 theater. Talk about a movie that is tailor-made for the Oscars. I could just imagine the scenes being written with the specific idea in mind of how they can be made more Oscar-worthy. A much better movie that involves the notion of one person's circumstances effecting another is "Syriana".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.