The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

izzygirlxp
I can't help it big grin I'm a fan. So, tell me, what's your favorite quote and/or scene/ character. And if anyone has any info on the sequal if there is one PLZ share!

BOPRecruit 16
i liked tom sawyer and skinner in the movie. they were humourous.

izzygirlxp
Yeah Skinnner was my fav too. Haha I loved the part in the beggining when he was introduced and Allan was all shocked like.

Wolfie
Rodney Skinner was my favorite too. He was the coolest, too bad he wasn't in the movie as much as he could've.

izzygirlxp
Yeah, well you wouldn't really know if he was in some parts but was just being quiet and naked. lol. I really hope they do a sequal and he's got a bigger part.

BOPRecruit 16
does anyone have the graphic novels of lxg and do you know where to get them?

SuperNova
LXG sucked the big one! Machine guns in the 1890's? Cars? Submarines fitting through the Venace allies? It was more of a copy off the justice league, there was no plot. Find some guy with a mask... Ok... Get like 10 guys together and we still cant kill him... oh well.

SuperNova
Knife in the back wont kill me... I cant shoot some guy perfectly whose a mile or so away, even though 1890 bullets werent even propelled further than like a half mile at tops. I got burned and im invisible, but you can see my burns! Nahhh, burns arent part of the skin, of course you can see them!

Sc0rchy
i thought it was alright... if i had to pick a favorite character i'd have to say dorian gray... "i was hoping i'd get to nail you one last time"

or did he say more? i can't remember... sad

izzygirlxp
Uh okay SuperNova, please put some use to the quote, " If you can't say anything nice. Don't say anything at all." Your opinion is great but continuesly diss'n the movie is just being a jerk.

kalantiaw
it was okay... i just saw it a couple of days back... captain nemo can kick some a$$, man... my fave was mina... she's so purty love ... and though skinner's glasses are morpheus almost-look-alike, i would love to get my hands on a pair of those...

fave quote... ahem *attempts best sir connery voice* "and the game is on"...

fave scene... captain nemo fight scenes... all of them...

X-Menfan2003
I have the vol. 1 graphic novel and am getting the 2nd vol. in a few days BOPRecruit 16. My favourite character has got to be Captain Nemo. I just think he is cool and how he fought in the film. As for the graphic novels, you can get from from bookshops and off amazon.

SuperNova
Yea, Well, The film deserves to be Dissed... whats that "Other"? ~~~~I THINK THAT MYSELF ALONE WITHOUT YOU, SUPERNOVA, COULD DESTROY THE LEAGUE.~~~~~ Yea, well, Venom is kind of right, they suck. But seriously, about the Dissing, I just thought the movie didnt look ready for theatres, I mean seriously, Nemo got thrown backwards into a wall and got right back up. I think there was a little to many mistakes, and it makes me angry when I get excited for a movie, and it sucks.

Spawnie
It's true, I agree that the movie lacked more care. I like the way they showed the characters, it's all good there but the story was as dumb as a knob. I think that it deserved much more then a simple and stupid story like that. I mean u can watch the movie through but at the end u ask yourself "What tha hell?" That means that u don't like to be sold crap to, u know. U end up feeling like a stupid baby that got suckered into watching a damn fiasco! If I only knew I would off just waited for the dvd.

Ironman 66
that movie was gay

Alpha Centauri
The books are almost always so much better than the movie adaptations.

Next atrocity: Watchmen.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
The movie was lame.

Anyone who has read the GN's should be genuinely disgusted.

Mr Zero
Alrighty: here we go...

First off - From my POV this film should have been great and was NOT. I should know better than to go see a movie based on something i've read but I'm an ass. Plus the idea of Sir Sean as Allen Quartermain tickled my scrote so much i had to go see.

They had a perfectly good story to work from in Moores fantastic book, and they jetisoned it - which I could forgive if they came up with something watchable, but they did so in favor of a plot that limped along and didn't really jell together.

As to the character changes - Mina as a vampire I could stomach, Tom Sawyer seemed out of place and poorly defined - Dorian I was rather fond of.

I would have disliked this film a lot more if I hadnt been seated near a 10 year old kid who had a FIT when the identity of "M" was revealed and went into a foaming at the mouth glee-fest as he explained it to his poor mother sat beside him....

And I thought about myself age 10 and realized i would have LOVED it.

Do yourselves a favor - read the books. And prepare to be shocked and disgusted and amazed and blown-the-****-away, because they books aren't for 10 year olds. No sir.

Mr Zero
You should read the Comic sequel, he gets a nice big juicy part.

Ahahahahahahahah...Hahhahah... heeee. Sorry.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha subtlety Mr Zero, I like it.

-AC

Mr Zero
Just to stress this - Any reputable comic shop, any disreputable comic shop, most large chain bookstores, some record stores, online at amazon.

Failing that find someone with class and taste and borrow them. Any non anal retentive comic fan will lend out his/her books - be NICE to each other people.

Then borrow all other Alan Moore books. Then die happy.

who?-kid
After having read the brilliant comics (or graphic novels ?), I absolutely wanted to see the LXG-movie. Man, I was sooo disappointed in that... piece of ****.

To be honest, I don't think I can recall one scene from the books that they used in the film. They changed the characters, added new characters, ignored the storyline and added some awful effects (mr. Hyde).

Where was the bad personality of the Invisible Man ? The quarreling relationship between Wilhelmina Murray and Quartermain ? The coolness of Nemo ("Come forward, men of England ! Tell the Gods that Nemo sent you"wink.

I hope Alan Moore has a good lawyer.

Next rape : probably Watchmen mad .

norrin radd
yes the movie sucked big time, and what about tom sawyer what the ****, awfull.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.