Return of the King EE DVD (Possible Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sifer
Right, I have had a thought. A bloody good one and no doubt alot of people out there are hoping for. But I have been thinking things over and tried to put pieces together. Well...

Peter Jackson just a few days ago hinted at the DVD being over 4 hours long.

I have read in a review, or two, that near when the Hobbits return to the Shire there is apparently a shot of the hobbits or one hobbit's face (Can't remember exactly) that is a MEGA tease.

Saruman has been cut from the Theatrical Version and is being saved for the DVD.

His death is NOT described in Return of the King and is only hinted at.

There are many more points but it won't take much to figure out what I think is going to be added to the EE DVD. Want to know?

The Scouring. Why do I think this? All of the above, more and the fact that they have said since the BEGINNING that there will be no Scouring. Why would they do this - It is one of the most loved parts in the book and Jacko, Fran and Philippa KNOW this because they are mega fans of it themselves.

It's hope, I know, but I have a feeling because it is something that Jacko would do.

Tell me what you think.

Sifer
Oh and to add a quote from "The Matrix Revolutions":

"Everything that has a BEGINNING, has an end".

Since when have they said there will be no Scouring? wink

Aurora
Hold on, Are u saying u think that the Scouring WILL be in the EE of Rotk?

LegolasIsMyMan
I think that is what he ment. smile

Aurora
In that case, I don't think that there is any way for that to happen. PJ has said all along that there would never be a scouring. He said it wouldn't be filmed or in the movie.

Sifer
Not filmed - Hrmm, must have been imagining it when I saw Sam chained up and the shire burned in Lothlorien. I actually said that they have been saying it wasn't or hasn't been filmed, but think about it. THE biggest surprise for all the dedicated fans out there. As I also said though, this is a thought with a dash of hope.

feanorlp
That was only Jackson's nod to the Scouringg just like he had the nod to Old Man Willow in TTT EE.

nephalim27
I really really doubt it. It would be a waste of money for them. While the scouring is a good ending for the book, it just doesn't work on film.

Sifer
Waste of money? I would have thought filming only a 2-3 second clip with so much detail would cost more. Or at least been more of a waste.

badkittykitty
I could have sworn I read that they did in fact film it and it was meant to be in rotk but it could be fit...didnt Christopher Lee come out and say his part was cut in the movie..it couldnt be cut..if it wasnt filmed

nephalim27
Christopher Lee's part was cut, his death, which had nothing to do with the scouring and was said to appear on the EE version.

Sifer
They filmed 5 different deaths for Saruman. So, your point is?

Also, you DO know that Saruman is originally killed in the Scouring in the book, don't you?

turin
ya i have lots of hopes for the EE ROTK. i am a big spoiler guy and after reading some of them there are some major things that i pray are added to the EE ROTK. i would go into detail but then that would be major spoilers for those that dont want any, lol.

Sifer
Well the title has spoilers in the title. Spoil ahead. I have read the books MANY times, so I already know what actually happens big grin

turin
good point, so here goes. we all know that sarumans death has been saved for the EE dvd, i found out that aragorn does sail up the anduin but on the boats is the army of the dead, i would like to see some of the battle with the corsairs (i heard that PJ deleted a scene of him as a corsair fighting a promenant character) there is nothing about eowyn and faramirs wedding or aragorn and arwens wedding, just aragorns coronation as king. i bet theres nothing on theodens funeral. the skipped the whole thing of merry swearing an oath to theoden (i am sure we have all seen them at edoras with merry bowing before him in some of the older previews so i am sure they shot it)

muse5
i read in newsweek the whole houses of healing aka faramir and eowyn romance will be in the ee, or at least i hope so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.