series of unfortunate events movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sk8stuff09
I heard they are making a live action film of the book series by Lemony Snickett, "A Series of Unfortunate Events". I've read the first 4 and loved them. Hopefully the movie will be just as good. Jim Carey is supposedly going to portray Count Olaf, the rest i'm not sure. what do you think about this? any info? eek!

Darth Vicious
What are the books about?

sk8stuff09
youve never heard? theyr about 3 orphans that live in various places, and a guy named count olaf is trying to steal their fortune that was left by their parents. i dunno, u haveta read them to get it.

bLooMiLiCioUs
omg cool!!!serious???!!!i wanna watch!!!eek!eek!

Lord Soth
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

The story, narrated by Lemony Snicket (Jude Law), focuses on three orphans, Klaus (Liam Aiken), Violet (Emily Browning), and Sunny, who are taken in by a creepy distant relative called Count Olaf (Jim Carrey), who has designs on the kids' inheritance. Meryl Streep co-stars as Aunt Josephine.

Property of Movies.com

bLooMiLiCioUs
but aunt jo doesn't appear til the 3rd book!

Lord Soth
They're pretty short books, it's possible they're merging them

Kes
OMG I cant believe Meryl Streep is doing a movie with Jim Carrey! He is becoming really annoying, always the bloody same!

bLooMiLiCioUs
wait a sec,JIM CARRY??!!!
count olaf is supposed to be EVIL PURE EVIL HOW can they put JIM CARREY there???!!!!!

Lord Soth
You miss the point of the book series. They try to be serious, but they end up being completely ridiculous. Jim Carrey's a perfect choice for this type of role

bLooMiLiCioUs
but they're supposed to be serious to the point of being ridiculous - can jimm carrey pull that off?hhmm....

Lord Soth
Ridiculous is what Jim Carrey does best big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

VengeanceGOD
I love how, in the wake of Harry Potter, the studios are grabbing up EVERY successful series with a slight fantasy spin.

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing true true (for both postswink)

Lord Soth
Hollywood is going a Fantasy binge, just like it had a whole bunch of comedies a couple years ago (due largely in part to 9/11)

Kes
Everytime I see a movie with Jim Carrey he always does something that takes me right back to Ace Ventura messed

Lord Soth
I know what you mean, but I don't remember anything of the sort from The Mask

Kes
Well in the Mask he does stuff that takes me back to Ace Ventura.
He is to physical so to me he looks the same in every movie (with the exception of Majestic and Man on the moon because he was restricted in those): In the beginning it was ok but now its starting to annoy.
Its the same with Adam Sandler(sp)...but in his case its because he his a bad actor and all his characters follow the same line.

CaptainClaire
A Series of Unfortunate Events are all quite short books - they would have to merge them all together. But I think that might mess it up a bit? I think Jim Carey will be good - as long as he goes a bit *serious* now and again.

Lord Soth
Jim Carrey is perfect for the role, IMO. He has the immeasurable talent needed, because Count Olaf was quite a character, and he could easily use the serious/ridiculous feeling that made the books famous

sk8stuff09
they are making a movie of the first book only. then they will make sequels.........

MissesDepp?!
No, they're defiatley merging them all into one. Either that or they're not making an 11th book but making a movie instead. Count Olaf isn't evil he's really funny but trying to be evil. As are all his little minions. I wonder who's going to play Esmee...i've read all 10.

Captain REX
I've never read any of them, maybe I should start...

Lord Soth
They're NOT merging all of the books, only the first 3 or 4 at a time. I've only read 1-8, but I'm trying to finish them soon.

MissesDepp?!
ah i c

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.